StarCry is a single player mod started in 2007 for the game Crysis with numerous references of science fiction well-known of the players. Explore new worlds and fight the threat of our planet!
Things you need to know about the mod
- It is not based on the stargate franchise, even if some models have a similar design (the main character is a SG fan). Maybe it is a prequel to Crysis 1, a dream, or you are connected to the alien's matrix ? You will see !
- The vehicles are not easy to drive, because this is an alien technology or an heavily armoured tank. No first person view for the human Centaur : there are many reasons !
- Don't let the enemies regrouping themselves. Kill them one by one. Headshots and Feetshots are effective.
- It's not an open world, you can't lose yourself. If you're going away from the action, you will be killed by snipers, eaten by crocodiles, frozen, dehydrated ...
- The mod is made to be played many times ! You can't unlock everything the first time. There is a few secondary objectives, and you can save peoples that have been killed the first time you played StarCry.
- No voices, only subtitles. If you are a talented voice actor from the usa, contact us.
- You will have a lot of bugs (visual & scripts) if you cannot run the mod in high or very high detail settings with more than 30fps (use our benchmark tool). Less than 30fps = risk of blocked scripts and physic problems. Same problem if your framerate is limited by capture softwares like FRAPS or with a command line. We noticed that the controls of vehicules are affected by framerate too. It's an issue from crysis.
You must have crysis : STEAM version, or BOX version with 1.21 patch. ORIGIN version is not always patched ! 64bit support of the mod is beta (use the default 32bit launcher if you can).
/ Two modders for this project : Mick & Dark_Wolf
/ Languages : english & french subtitles
After more than four years of development, we are proud to announce the official release of StarCry !
More than 1000 new objects, 2000 textures, 20 weapons and 1000 lines of dialog were added to the base game to offer a brand new adventure. We estimate around 8 hours of gameplay for a first playthrough. The mod contains many references to famous science-fiction universes (movies, TV shows, video games -famous or canceled-...) alongside original creations, while still having a coherent storyline.
We have prepared instructions (install instructions and default controls) both in English and in French in the archive.
We hope you will enjoy playing StarCry. Have fun !
Download links : Moddb
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.