"Star Wars: Imperial Assault" is a Star Wars mod for the popular RTS, "Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour". It's intent is to bring the excitement of Star Wars ground battles, atmospheric air battles, and Jedi/Sith to the CnC Generals Zero Hour engine.
- Two factions from the Trilogy-- the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire
- Two additional factions from the Clone Wars-- the Grand Army of the Republic, and the Separatists
- 3 Generals for each faction, with a total of 12 unique generals
- Ground Battles, including Walkers
- Aircraft including TIEs, X-wings, Y-wings, Clone Fighters and much more
- Jedi, Sith, and SpecForces creation, customization, and implementation into sneaky ground combat
- Official maps including one map of every well-known planet in the Star Wars Universe
You can now download the IAv0.85 Patch at our download page. It requires IAv0.80, and if you have IAv0.82 installed, you can install this patch on top of it without any problem.
IAv0.85 features the new Imperial AI, created by Somebody. This AI works fantastic, and you won't have any problems getting it to work on any Official IA map (EDIT- there are exceptions... view Somebody's comment in forum topic for details). The Hard Army provides quite a challenge, so be prepared... Mappers-- there are some things that Somebody would like you to keep in mind when attempting to impliment the IA AI into your own maps. You can find that in the following documentation: Implimenting AI.
IAv0.85 also features the first Rebel Campaign Mission, originally concepted by Juggernaut1985 & Captain Admirison, mapped and scripted by Bhones, and modifications by Somebody. It is an amazing mission that beautifully captures the Star Wars universe, taking place on Dantooine, with a spectacular ending cinematic that made me jump in my seat and applaud. Seriously. Download it.
Overall, this is a fantastic patch, and a must-download. This month is Imperial Assault's 2nd birthday, and this patch attests to the work we've done.
For those having difficulty installing Imperial Assault, I strongly suggest you install ModToaster from ISOTX, a handy little program that allows you to automatically install the latest versions of your favorite mods, including Imperial Assault. They'll update their servers shortly, allowing you to download v0.85.