The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Set 800 years after the Battle of Yavin, Galaxy In Despair will offer players a new experience set in the Star Wars universe. The galaxy is not united anymore. The Republic was already frail by the time it was reestablished, after the Third Galactic Civil War, that tore the galaxy apart and left many worlds devastated. Because of that, a faction known as The Galactic Liberation Movement, led by General Monar, split from the Senate, with the support of twenty-three worlds, and now wages war against The Republic. While that, a plot unknown by all was finally completed, and dissidents from both factions, mercenaries, thieves, bandits and raiders were united by a man called Darth Darkeus, who is now the self-proclaimed Dark Overlord of The Sith and created The New Sith Empire, who followed a different vision of the Rule of Two: "Two there must be. One Dark Overlord, and the Sith Order itself". This line of thought set stage for a creation of a New Sith Order, one powerful enough to challenge The Jedi Order. Now, Darkeus has turned a band of cutthroats into an organized, militarized and united army, with an enormous fleet, bringing "order, peace and prosperity" to thousands of worlds. General Monar is preparing his forces for a new assault on both The Republic's and The Sith's borders. The Republic fights to survive, in a galaxy that knows only war. The Jedi Order desperately tries to make amends between the GLM and The Republic, while fighting their old rivals. And The Sith have already began conscripting Force-sensitive children to their ranks. Now, a desperate attempt has been made to stop the war, and only The Jedi know it. Question is, where will you be when the fate of the galaxy is hanging in a balance?
1. Change the Fate of the galaxy: Like some of the greatest Star Wars RPGs of all time, Galaxy In Despair will allow you to make various choices in key moments, making you the epitome of The Light Side or completely corrupted by The Dark Side.
2. Huge worlds: From Coruscant to Tatooine, you will be able to explore a multitude of planets, asteroids, space stations, ruins, starships and much more.
3. Sci-Fi combat: Use your trusty blaster pistol to take out your enemies, or cut them down with your lightsabers. Many weapons of all tipes will be available for your use.
4. Dogfights: Fight in space and be able to pilot a multitude of vehicles, like the X2-Wing or the D1-Fighter.
5. Master The Force: Character progression with Force Powers and feats included.
6. Epic Stories: The best writers of Dragon Studios will be taking care of this epic story, with betrayal, romance, action, heroism and vengeance.
Confirmed Planets: Possible Planets:
-Tatooine -Dromund Kaas
All right, so I'll do my best to explain why we were so "quiet" for so much time.
As a matter of fact, there is only one group that ever made a complete modification of Neverwinter Nights with a Star Wars Roleplay setting, or in other words, a modification that added not only blasters, lightsabers and scenarios, but also space battles, rulebooks, classes, visual effects, audio effects, clothing pieces, animations and so much more.
And that team is the Dark time of The Galaxy Team. All credits for the content here go to them or to the also well known D20 Modern Team.
Well, with so much content, it is nearly unfeasible to recreate so much without months, maybe years, of preparation and THEN we would do our best to produce custom content. So, I entered in contact with their leader. We talked and agreed to have this content made available to my team under the condition that we credit his team. Well, such negotiations, that were thankfully non-aggressive, are over. Now, we will resume the progress of this mod.
If any of you ever desires to comment on our work, express a suggestion or become involved in this mod in any way, don't hesitate to contact me, Also_known_as_Peter.
I thank you all for your patience and expect more than just a few updates. Expect a technology demo very soon.