The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Homeworld 2 meets Star Trek: Armada 2. Set in over all four Star Trek eras you will find three superbly balanced factions to face off against one another, the Alpha Quadrant superpowers! The versatile United Federation of Planets, the formidable Klingon Defence Force and the enigmatic Romulan Star Empire.
Fantastic mod, really does an excellent job of bringing Star Trek to Homeworld 2. Ships and weapon effects all look great and there’s a lot of little details that really make it come alive. Revamped hyperspace is a great addition as it makes combat and resource gathering much more painless.
Only downside is that most maps don’t have a colored skybox, making ships sometimes difficult to see against a mostly black background. Shipyard research also seems a little long, slowing down your midgame. Research is basic enough, which seemed like a plus to me, but if you like messing around tech trees you may be slightly disappointed.
Overall; well worth the download installation is easy enough, so there’s nothing preventing you from playing this right the hell now.
Very interesting mod that probes new areas in Homeworld 2 modding, and seems to faithfully recreate Star Trek battles(not a huge Star Trek fan, and even I liked the mod).
Highly recommended, if only to complete the sci fi collection.
Only downsides are the slowdowns caused by many heavy FX crossing the screen at once, mostly explosions.
Worth a download!
Absolutely excellent mod - very impressive work! Well worth all the anticipation this week!
Absolutely love the effects of all the weapons and the ship rendering is extremely well done. I love the way ships manoeuvre around each other, phaser arcs and torpedoes are some of my favourite parts, simply stunning! Another excellent thing is the fact that warping around the map is actually a viable option, opening up the tactics a bit more than vanilla homeworld.
There are a few things that I would like to see changed, things which I assume will be addressed in future releases - Firstly, cloak effects are quite haphazard at the moment, though i gather from a previous comment that this is being looked into for the next version. Also I wonder if the shipyard mechanisms can be tweaked slightly so that ships don't simply appear out of nowhere. I also felt that the time in which it takes to build the shipyards should be shortened (at least for the first level shipyard) as it tends to slow down the game somewhat in the middle. My last little gripe is that the custom maps lack lighting, which i dont think does the ships justice. Certainly, its realistic for space, but I'd love to see my ships a bit more.
Overall, an absolutely brilliant piece of modding from a great team, breathing new life (and new frontiers) into an old game. I can't wait to see where this goes from here!
Ok, I played this mod back when only TNG era was playable and I really liked it, but now that all the eras are in game this has officially become my favorite HW2 mod. If you are a fan or Star trek you really must play this mod.
- The graphics and effects are superb. The shield effects are amazing and the phasers and photon torpedos all look and behave exactly like they do in the shows and movies. Warping a Sovereign class into the middle of a battle and watching phasers bleed off of it in every direction, hitting multiple ships, is pretty awesome.
- Ship selection is great for all races and the ships themselves are really detailed. Pretty much every ship seen on screen is in the game, The modeling is top notch, and the detail is great. Its just so cool to zoom in on a ship to see all the lights. My favorite part is the rotating red tip of the nacelles on TOS Federation ships.
- The atmosphere is great. The music and sound FX all make me feel like I am watching an episode.
- Multiple game modes that all are fun and work.
All that being said I do have a few gripes.
-Klingons and Federation are pretty equal balance wise, but Romulans are op. Their weapons seem more powerful across the board and the flat, bird-like shape of their ships make it hard for ships of other races to hit them with phasers when they fly head on. Ive had Federation ships miss every shot at a warbird.
- Strikecraft are op. This is my biggest complaint. Strikecraft do tons of damage and are hard to hit with bigger ships. Doesnt help that the AI spams them. I routinely lose battleships and cruisers to 2-3 bombers, especially in ENT era. Its almost pointless to research or buy capital ships when 5 bombers cost half as much, do more damage, and last longer in battle.
- All ships are squishy. This would be my second biggest complaint. Even capital ships in one on one fights seem to die in a few hits. Its hard to appreciate the awesome shield effects when every ship dies in seconds.
Nonetheless, this is a really well done mod. Its well worth the download, and I found installing and getting it to work really easy, even in steam.
This mod is great, everything about this mod so far has been awesome and I can't wait to see more updates and a final version. Yet I gave the mod a nine for only 1 reason.
That I personally wish that you could build all the ships as the Federation. I know that I read somewhere that there will be Eras, but even during the Dominion War Miranda and Excelsior class ships were used.
So other than wishing I could build every class of ship, this mod is great.
As a side note, I hope they add the Centaur, Stargazer, Cheyenne, and Prometheus class ships. Oh and the Galaxy Refit Dreadnought from All Good Things.... Yeah....
Overall a well done mod, the graphics are phenomenal. The warp effect is also well done, as is the cost of going to warp, just 10 RU's. I always hated the fact that ships had a pesky cost to go to hyperspace, but in this mod its a low 10 for any ship, even a capital ship.
Something which can be bothersome is that the maps can sometimes be dark, making the ships hard to see, as well as any stations and it can be hectic when the fighting breaks out.
Can't wait for the next version of this mod, hope they put the Borg as a playable race. They appear in a game mode called invasion which is basically survive waves of enemy ships. Keep up the good work!