S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat: Redux
v1.0 Official Release
News Post Music
Firstly, listen to this while you read. Shadow of Chernobyl veterans should be going into nostalgia mode!
Well, here we are!
Eight months, many, many hours and plenty of blood, sweat and tears later!
I’m very happy to announce that I’m ready to release S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat: Redux v1.0 to you, the mod-hungry public!
After a very productive beta-testing period (I once again thank my testers for their hard work and dedication, especially those who submitted copious amounts of feedback!) I believe Redux is now at the stage where I’m comfortable releasing it publicly!
Redux has gone through quite a lot of changes during its development - I originally never intended to even release the mod, but as it has grown and I’ve added feature after feature, I realised it would be silly not to let you guys play it!
I’ve also wondered whether it was wise to release Redux v0.8 a few months back, as compared to the current version, v0.8 is hardly even deserving of the name. That said, I believe a lot of valuable issues were raised and worked through, and v1.0 is much, much better for it!
And so, without further ado, I present; Redux v1.0.
The full v1.0 Feature List as of release can be found here.
- Realistic combat, ballistics, weaponry, weapon names and descriptions.
- Artifacts have been overhauled with new names, descriptions and effects, leading to 50+ brand new artifacts for you to find.
- Hundreds of new weapon variants, including entirely new Nimble weaponry.
- New ammo types, new food/medicinal items, 60+ new flavour items, and more.
- Enhanced A.I thanks to integrated M.A.I.O.
- Improved graphics thanks to the optional, fully-integrated AtmosFear 2.1 and Absolute Texture Pack mods.
- Level changers between Zaton and Jupiter for free travel on-foot.
- Economy rebalance, mission rewards, trader pricing, goods value, all reworked to provide a more difficult experience as you try to survive.
And MUCH, MUCH more - seriously, check out the features list.
Redux Packages and Downloads
Redux v1.0 is available in two flavours:
For those of you with limited bandwidth, super-slow internet or just not wanting anything but the regular experience, Redux Base may be what you need!
Redux Base includes everything but the weighty graphical enhancements available in the alternative package! Check out the feature list above for what’s included (and what’s missed out!)
If you’re looking for greatly improved graphics, textures, weather, blowouts, weapon textures and more, then Redux Full is what you’re looking for.
Included in the easy-to-use installer are the following optional extras:
- AtmosFear 2.1
- Absolute Texture Packs, both Nature and Structures
- Improved Weapon Bumpmaps
All of these options are properly integrated with the base Redux package, meaning flawless compatibility and performance!
Feedback and Bug Reporting
If you would like to leave comments or suggestions regarding Redux, or if you want to submit a bug report/technical issue, please do so on the official forums.
Even though I’ve done everything I can to reduce the likelihood of bugs or crashes, they may still occur.
Please make sure you follow the instructions on how to submit a crash report as shown in the stickied thread in the official forums, so that I can quickly diagnose and fix any problems!
What’s next for Redux?
As feedback starts to come in I’ll work on fixing any issues that may arise (hopefully not many!) and getting patches out when needed.
After that, depending on how well v1.0 is received, I may start working on v2.0! (Though likely after a break, a different project perhaps)
Features I’d like to include in v2.0:
- New outfits.
- New missions.
- New items.
- New helmets.
- New traders.
- Breaking down damaged weapons for sellable parts.
- 1:1 scale of real-time to game-time.
- Pripyat Overhaul
- All-new stash system, along with new stashes.
- A mutant-part looting system.
- Overhauled weapon and armour upgrade system.
And much more!
If you like the sound of these, let me know! Encouragement may well get me more motivated to do these things!
Please make sure to read the ReadMe.txt included with the installer - it contains useful information, important things to know about the current version regarding possible bugs, as well as a full credits list to those kind enough to help me out or contribute something to the mod.
Finally, thank-you to everyone who has commented, suggested, helped, encouraged or challenged me and the mod - without you guys, who knows where Redux would be now?
I hope you enjoy the mod!
Keep on stalkin’
Creator of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat: Redux