First update for TK build 1-3-14, see full description for details.
The envisionment of TK is to bring you what was promised by GSC for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, instead of the gutted retail release we were left with. TK aims to cover every aspect imaginable from gameplay intended to genuinely scare the player, to graphics for the absolute best visual experience, cut mutants, absolute realism, optimisations, stability, and a complete game mechanics overhaul, all without breaking the story. The idea is to present the player with a complete retail experience for the purist that liked SoC but wished it was far more fleshed out. In no way what so ever does TK try to be like old beta or alpha builds of SoC, TK aims to enhance everything SoC already has - nothing more, nothing less.
Not been long since the other update has it? ;) I've had a bit more free time recently than normal so I've been able to crack on with TK. The latest batch of changes are largely "under the hood" changes but I'm sure there are many out there who will appreciate the changes made.
- Adjusted impact force of bullets and grenades by caliber. This should result in much more realistic reactions from NPCs when hit \ head-shotting, no more over-the-top "hollywood" deaths although you will still feel very satisfied when you pop a bullet in a NPCs skull from a sniper rifle or blow them to hell with one of the grenade launchers, RPG or regular grenades ;)
- Completely overhauled weapons sounds, there is a hell of a lot more variety now including when you simply holster / draw a weapon and reloading. The reload sound of the RG6 especially sounds damn sexy imo ;)
- Edited ambient sounds to include some more variety for certain levels
- Added rats back into the game (not tushkanos!) they have a nice natural life and react and behave as you would expect rats to. You will also only largely find them in areas rats typically live such as underground areas and sewers.
- Multiple refinements for general X-Ray stuff, just made things a bit more efficient in the overall running for a smoother experience and ironed out hopefully the last of the quirks.
- Added the OTs-27 9mm and M79 grenade launcher in addition to the T-134, Bizon and Mac10, as well as updating trader lists and giving the weapons to certain NPCs. You will not find any player advantages vs AI here :p
- FN P90 and FN Five-Seven now use the proper 5.7mm ammo.
- Weapon descriptions have been edited to include info on the type of ammo they use for those among us who aren't gun nuts.
- Fixed the incorrect zoom values of the sniper AN94 and "cheap sniper" LR300. Also fixed a few other zoom values.
- Added suit protection info for some suits that got missed, also changed the name of the Stalker Suit to Sunrise Suit for continuity.