Part 1/3. Be sure to check the readmes and user manual. For SoC v1.0005. Download broken into 3 parts to make it easier on those who are bandwidth challenged...
The envisionment of TK is to bring you what was promised by GSC for STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, instead of the gutted retail release we were left with. TK aims to cover every aspect imaginable from gameplay intended to genuinely scare the player, to texture replacements / enhancements for the absolute best visual experience, cut mutants, absolute realism, optimisations, stability, and a complete game mechanics overhaul - all without breaking the story. I want to deliver a mod which anyone who plays it will have their breath literally taken away by its sheer quality, attention to detail, and being the only mod players may well have to keep a spare pair of pants handy!
Here we go ladies and gents, the "old" Pre-RC TK build I uploaded became corrupt somehow so instead of just re-uploadng that build that was buggy anyway I figured I would tie up some ends, fix the bugs and release a "new" Pre-RC build. Note that "beta" has now been dropped in place of "Pre-RC". This is because TK:Singularity is no longer in its beta phases, but its not at "final" status yet either its somewhere inbetween, limbo if you will.
You'll also notice I completely cleaned out the downloads section, there was no need for any of that old stuff anymore due to the new phase TK has entered, so a new page in the chapter was needed.
About the Pre-RC build:
Firstly, its important to note that TK has never been about radically changing the story in SoC, to do so would mean SoC would no longer be SoC and it would lose a large part of its identity. What TK is about though is enhancing everything the vanilla game had, adding features that were cut out and generally re-balancing and overhauling the gameplay mechanics inside and out as well as adding to the existing story not by changing it but by providing far more explanation and details in the text conversations and PDA entries, all in a attempt to get the player invested more.
Many of these aspects are finished in the Pre-RC build but the expanded story isn't its only had minor work done on that at this time.
This is where stuff gets tricky for me, I have to remember everything I've done... but in summary the changes are numerous.
- Tweaked some normal maps to take advantage of every possible graphical step forward as well as replaced a few textures for ones that have a much better appearance in-game.
- Reworked gulags. Encounters for the most part will be more varied and should have a sense of continuity "making sense" where you would encounter the changes. The longer you play the more these changes will become apparent as the zone lives its own life.
- Added some tweaks to various scripts for added stability.
- Fixed the Duty guys being invincible at the military warehouses.
- Added more restrictions to the bandits in Cordon for the mission to save Nimble, hopefully they won't run off now after getting wounded.
- Fixed a render issue with the "new" corpse texture. I doubt anyone even noticed it as it even took me a while to notice it, but its fixed now.
- Adjusted player run speed slightly to make the levels feel bigger and to simulate all the equipment being carried.
- Addressed a few very minor texture issues and added a semi-workaround for the ground texture "absorbing" the flashlight illumination at certain angles.
- Made some changes and fixes to all.spawn to mix things up and work around some vanilla problems.
- Fixed minor carry weight stamina bug where under the right conditions you could effectively have infinite stamina.
- Addressed a possible CTD in the Agroprom underground.
- To help balance out a possible boss fight at Agroprom with a military helicopter I added a RPG7 in the military base. Its up to you to find where I've put it though, its not that hard to find.
- Added and refined godrays and moon rays along with other shader tweaks.
- Changed NPC "danger" run speed slightly to simulate the equipment they are carrying, and so it just doesn't look to cartoony and ridiculous in-game.
- Multitude of other refinements, tweaks and changes.
Once I get these elements finished I'll consider the build RC ready. From there, I'll contemplate the possibility of adding new levels. I just haven't seen any point of adding new levels until the entire vanilla game was overhauled, there was a lot wrong with it so I've methodically worked my way through everything. The good news is that all remaining changes I plan on making at least as far as being able to consider TK RC ready is that it can be done all in the form of a patch.