Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, AI, items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much more!
I am aware of all the excellent features this mod provides but its just impossible for me to enjoy it.
Loading times are extrem long so be prepared to take some time to receive the extra content!
Even pressing F5 or ESC to simply quicksave or go back to the menu laggs the game out/not responds which results in waiting 2 minutes for the action to happen.
I am not occuring any serious errors or crashes except these unbelievable long "loading" times.
I dont have a NASA computer but its pretty good so I dont expect my specs to be the problem.
If this is fixed, or you can enjoy the content even with these problems this mod is just great! Spend some time with it because its not making it easy for you. Realism = Difficulty ^.^
Very intense, focused, realistic mod for Call of Pripyat. Less ammo, less health, less bandages and medkits, more charm. Absolutely punishing, to the point where you'll gasp with joy when you find 60 rounds of ammunition or a few tins of food. Overall a fantastic mod for masochists.
where to start?
Unrealistic weapon damage.
You are a soldier ingame BUT u cant even hadle 30 kilo in ure baggs wanna kidding me?
enemy need 2-3 headshoots from close to die.
You need to take 1 bullet from a pistol that flys to you from 500 yards and u die.
(lol i eaven have armor->useless)
"Only 1/10? A review must be entered to justify such a low rating."
^As if blind fanboyism is going to save this mod. Let me break it down..
1. Balance is utterly ****** to hell.
(Read more if your not convinced here.)
2. NPC's are equal to T-X Terminators that actually kill.
3. Economy is none existent and your always breaking even.
4. No originality, just a compilation of mods.
5. Ugly textures to make you feel depressed.
6. Needs a high end system, can't pay for a powerful PC?
7. Game stability is questionable at best with this mod.
8. Anomalies are just another name for "One hit wonders."
9. You have the mortality of an ant regardless of class chosen and armor worn.
10. Extreme gun care required. (Russian guns are crap right?)
11. Gun variety is artificially inflated with a plethora of **** conditioned weapons.
12. Design decisions where based on a community of masochistic gamers who thought Dark Soul's wasn't making them cry enough.
13. Developers are egotistical maniacs. They screw mod and you.
14. Quick Save and god mode where obviously the only ideal testing conditions. (Not ******** you about the god mode part.)
15. False advertisement. This mod claim's it's supposed to be "unforgiving" not "stupid".
16. Destroys every bit of what made Stalker games enjoyable.
(This will kill it for purist and new players alike.)
17. This mod was meant to challenge you? It will actually make you socially retarded on family game night.
18. Mowing your lawn and scooping the **** out of cat litter to throw in the trash is more rewarding than this.
19. Those who like it, likely have married the quick save key till death or a bad save do they apart. (Or god mode.)
20. Those who thought this mod is realistic should get a psychiatric examination to see if they are still messed up from their parents beating them. Common guys, go outside, that is as realistic as it gets!
20 good reasons not to play this mod.
Down-vote me, and you will never get laid.
Misery 2.0 is a great example of a highly-anticipated mod going wrong in almost every way.
CTDs, instability, total unrealism for its own sake, devs trying to prove something but in the end failing at the most basic elements. Apparently, logic is void in MDT. Lack of critical thinking really shows.
- Overpriced items, rare artefacts, etc. Why? How in your opinion, other Stalkers (NPCs) survive and keep going in this dumb-of-the-dumbest, artificial environment? This is as least realistic as it can get.
- Wrong priorities. Add tons of unneeded crap for players to gather, but there's 0 new quests, locations, or such. This is most disappointing.
- Unstable. Remember: stability > content. You got it all wrong in this case. Too bad.
I could list more and have interesting ideas to make game-world more immersive and enjoyable, as STALKER devs themselves were either lazy, dismotivated, whatever. We'll never know.
PROS:its the prettiest mod out thare better then complete 2:massive amount of new items from food to weapons theres tons of new stuff CONS: EVERYTHING IS TO DAMN EXPENSIVE 100000 to repair a gun im gonna get rid of in a hour is disgusting 2:healing and repairing weapons is confusing and convoluted and some repair items have the same stats and might as well not exist 3:to much items at times im talking more just healing and repair items i feel like im playing eve with all these stats and again more items do the same thing making it cluttered in your inventory 4:healing takes to much time using a medpack blacks you out for 10 seconds using a bandage makes you stop for about 5 and you die in about 2 shots i understand its supposed be realistic but stalker isnt a game meant for realism you gun down 10 dudes at a time multiple times in this game good luck getting threw those fights without save scumming conclusion play misery 1 it keeps the weapons and the theme and does not have as many probs
Even if this mod has a lot of nice ideas and features to improve CoP on a big way, the work they have done here is simply a mess.
And the most of the appearing bugs are not CoP-defaults, they are added by them, as a result of unclean work.
Easy to see if even the simpliest things are not working without quickfixes because of "forgotten" details.
In the end all this is by far more irritation then enjoying a game.
I know modding is a service, but in my opinion, if you do something.. do it right or let it be.
Waiting for Redux2.0 and Lost Alpha for SoC now, maybe thats gonna be a bit more professional.
1) Great atmosphere! All these colors and AtmosFear made an unforgettable picture.
2) Good job with ambient! However remake of musical system will be pleased. It will be great if player can hear good drone ambient while no enemies are nearby and can just stare to stars or whatever...
3) I feel some lack of costume visuals...
4) Balance is patched and is going to be better.
5) Authors are listening the auditory and making their wishes come true.
In overall: many big advantages and some tiny flaws (which I'm pretty sure are going away)
P.S. If mod will receive completely new storyline - it will make its way to golden book of modding.
10 out of 10!