Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!
Misery 2.0 is a great example of a highly-anticipated mod going wrong in almost every way.
CTDs, instability, total unrealism for its own sake, devs trying to prove something but in the end failing at the most basic elements. Apparently, logic is void in MDT. Lack of critical thinking really shows.
- Overpriced items, rare artefacts, etc. Why? How in your opinion, other Stalkers (NPCs) survive and keep going in this dumb-of-the-dumbest, artificial environment? This is as least realistic as it can get.
- Wrong priorities. Add tons of unneeded crap for players to gather, but there's 0 new quests, locations, or such. This is most disappointing.
- Unstable. Remember: stability > content. You got it all wrong in this case. Too bad.
I could list more and have interesting ideas to make game-world more immersive and enjoyable, as STALKER devs themselves were either lazy, dismotivated, whatever. We'll never know.
"Only 1/10? A review must be entered to justify such a low rating."
^As if blind fanboyism is going to save this mod. Let me break it down..
1. Balance is utterly ****** to hell.
(Read more if your not convinced here.)
2. NPC's are equal to T-X Terminators that actually kill.
3. Economy is none existent and your always breaking even.
4. No originality, just a compilation of mods.
5. Ugly textures to make you feel depressed.
6. Needs a high end system, can't pay for a powerful PC?
7. Game stability is questionable at best with this mod.
8. Anomalies are just another name for "One hit wonders."
9. You have the mortality of an ant regardless of class chosen and armor worn.
10. Extreme gun care required. (Russian guns are crap right?)
11. Gun variety is artificially inflated with a plethora of **** conditioned weapons.
12. Design decisions where based on a community of masochistic gamers who thought Dark Soul's wasn't making them cry enough.
13. Developers are egotistical maniacs. They screw mod and you.
14. Quick Save and god mode where obviously the only ideal testing conditions. (Not ******** you about the god mode part.)
15. False advertisement. This mod claim's it's supposed to be "unforgiving" not "stupid".
16. Destroys every bit of what made Stalker games enjoyable.
(This will kill it for purist and new players alike.)
17. This mod was meant to challenge you? It will actually make you socially retarded on family game night.
18. Mowing your lawn and scooping the **** out of cat litter to throw in the trash is more rewarding than this.
19. Those who like it, likely have married the quick save key till death or a bad save do they apart. (Or god mode.)
20. Those who thought this mod is realistic should get a psychiatric examination to see if they are still messed up from their parents beating them. Common guys, go outside, that is as realistic as it gets!
20 good reasons not to play this mod.
Down-vote me, and you will never get laid.
Unplayable due to CTD right before the intro video while vanilla CoP and other mods for it work. For this alone I would not give a 1 but if the devers do not even respond in the first place and then not caring at all since "we don't care about CTDs caused at startup by our mod" then this deserves a 1 for bad handling. And a mod that crashes and is not playable doesn't warannt anything more than a 1. Having bugs (even way too many according to various posts all over the Internet) is not a problem for me as long as you intend to fix it sooner or later. With "we don't care" though I've got a serious huge beef. Should this startup CTD caused solely by this mod is tackled I'll re-evaluate the score. Up to then it's 1 especially for bad community/bug handling.
I am aware of all the excellent features this mod provides but its just impossible for me to enjoy it.
Loading times are extrem long so be prepared to take some time to receive the extra content!
Even pressing F5 or ESC to simply quicksave or go back to the menu laggs the game out/not responds which results in waiting 2 minutes for the action to happen.
I am not occuring any serious errors or crashes except these unbelievable long "loading" times.
I dont have a NASA computer but its pretty good so I dont expect my specs to be the problem.
If this is fixed, or you can enjoy the content even with these problems this mod is just great! Spend some time with it because its not making it easy for you. Realism = Difficulty ^.^
The mod has some interesting ideas, like adjusting the character to suit certain playstyles for instance, but it does everything else poorly. It turns STALKER's immersive, beautiful world into a sea of overcontrasted browns and greys, the interface looks like someone was given Photoshop and a grunge brush pack and told to go hog wild, and a number of the weapons aren't implemented too well. The game itself is arbitrarily difficult by making ammunition extremely expensive and uncommon rather than significantly altering enemies and/or their behaviour. I can't speak for the later parts of the game, because honestly, I got maybe ten minutes in before uninstalling. I'm sure some people will like it but this is definitely not for me. I'm back on Swartz Mod now and while I do feel I'm not really being given the level of challenge I'd like, at least the scenery is nice and ammo isn't unobtanium (though 9x39 is still rare early on, which is good).
Really all I can say in favour of this is that there was clearly considerable effort put into it and some novel ideas, I just feel they were squandered.
Even if this mod has a lot of nice ideas and features to improve CoP on a big way, the work they have done here is simply a mess.
And the most of the appearing bugs are not CoP-defaults, they are added by them, as a result of unclean work.
Easy to see if even the simpliest things are not working without quickfixes because of "forgotten" details.
In the end all this is by far more irritation then enjoying a game.
I know modding is a service, but in my opinion, if you do something.. do it right or let it be.
Waiting for Redux2.0 and Lost Alpha for SoC now, maybe thats gonna be a bit more professional.