Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Stiivais' misc adjustments for Misery 2.0 (downloads). (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : Stiivais' misc adjustments for Misery 2.0 (downloads).) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13
Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Hello everyone.
The story goes like this: i tried to play misery, but it kicked my ass.
Did i adapt to this harsh, unforgiving, and incredibly difficult (albeit slightly unbalanced) mod?
No. I modded it. While crying. And eating ice cream.

While i understand that this will be frowned upon by elitists and most hardcore gamers, i will be THAT GUY and post my tweaks here.
Now, they are not meant to make the game very easy, however they will (probably) make it much more playable.
The tweaks listed here will be ordered by how much they might imbalance the game, how far they depart from core misery experience,
starting with least effective.

Notes: after downloading and extracting, you should first check the tweak's folder, since some have been optimized for all 3 classes,
in which case you only need to copy over the folder of your respective class. Also, no new game starts are required. :)

Update: Since the developers really listened to the community feedback, many of my tweaks are now obsolete, and have been removed. The remaining ones are compatible with the latest patch (version 2.0.1 - 10.08.2013), you can go ahead and download them now. If the developers keep this up, i guess i am going to go out of business... :)

Changes at last update (total of 16 tweaks now, 6 removed):
-updated the caliber fix with something that should hopefully prevent the crashing of "Steppe Eagle" (Desert Eagle you buy from Nimble), thanks goes to Karpola for pointing this out.

Due to problems with my GPU and time restrictions, i've decided to leave Moddb.

Low-resolution texture pack (v2).
Changes: every modded texture in the game, at quarter the resolution (width/2 and height/2).
Increases the performance, at the expense of marginally more terrible visuals. Experimental, so if there are any faults or graphical glitches, feel free to let me know.
Unaffected elements: scopes, user interface, skyboxes, loading screens.
Notes: after downloading and copying the textures to your gamedata folder, go to gamedata/class_diversity, choose your class and copy that textures folder to the one in gamedata/. This will make you have correct loading screens etc.
Preview: an imgur gallery with side-by-side comparison and framerates (DX 9)
Additional info: a couple of people are having problems with this, so here, use this for extracting: www.7-zip.org (also remember, that this is a multi-part archive, you only need to start extracting the first file, the second will follow automatically).
Download:
PART - 1

PART - 2
PATCH (2.0.1) -

Stiivais' Russian Radio Revamp.
Changes: after being disappoint that there is so little variety in the songs being played by radios at skadovsk and yanov station, i decided to take the matters up to myself. After long and tedious tinkering, i present to you SRRR (closest you can get to CPPP without being a communist!), a mod which will bring you a better gameplay experience and improve your immersion. So. What does it do? Not much, just add more than 2 hours of more than 40 russian songs (no more "SOLDJAAAA...") by various artists that helped shape the very genres the songs belong to: folk, rock, hip-hop, rap, even those "bard" songs (basically 1 guy + 1 guitar). They have the nice radio tuning effects at beginning and end, so the switches are more immersive, they also have fine-tuned volume and distance values, so they will never be louder than a person speaking, but will give them a reason to speak as loudly as they often do. But wait, there's more! Certain songs are location specific - while everyone likes the light-hearted bard songs and the occasional rock song, you won't hear rap in skadovsk (as Beard is sick of those "clowns"), the same way as you won't hear folk songs in jupiter. Of course, the frequencies have been adjusted, so you are more likely to hear the specific songs, than the common ones (2:1), so you won't miss out on much.
Download:

Change language to default (english).
Changes:
if you delete the modified voice files, the game will revert to default language for character voices, radios, etc.
How to: navigate to gamedata/sounds and delete characters_voice folder. (not tested, but should work)
Alternatively, you might try to delete just the scenario folder inside gamedata/sounds/characters_voice, this might make all of the mission dialogue in english, while keeping everything else in russian (sounds better). Renaming folders instead of deleting also works.

Upgrade bugfix.
Changes:
fixes the "add hints for this upgrade" bug, allowing you to properly upgrade your equipment.
This was not made by me, you can thank trojanuch for this! (just hosting for visibility, since it was originally on page 40 of bug-fix thread)
Download:

Lag fix.
Changes: this tweak attempts to make the game stutter less by decreasing the distance at which AI processing takes place at in real time. Value changed from 350 (300 with patch) to 250. You can do this even further if you want to (by modifying the file), CoP vanilla was something like 150, but i would suggest no less than 200 (250 is perfectly fine too). Also, slightly modified the time AI stays at camps.
Download:

Caliber fix.
Changes: this tweak fixes the weapon caliber errors. So far only Desert eagle has been reported, however i will update if any other faults will be found.
Download:

Stealth fix + Accuracy fix (v3).
Changes:
this tweak contains the stealth fix, but also has adjusted AI accuracy parameters, making them fire slightly worse (they fire more often, to make up for this). Grenade skills are not tweaked.
Download:

Mutant speed fix.
Changes:
in vanilla Misery 2 some mutants moved way too fast for my liking, so i adjusted some of them to move slightly closer to vanilla speeds. They are still pretty fast and no other changes have been made.
Download:

Alternate starting gear.
Changes:
a slight rebalance of starting gear for the classes:
assaulter
- worn ak47 and tt-33
recon
- worn ppsh41 and pb
sniper
- mosin nagant (worn scope) and worn pm
Download:

Player endurance tweak + Collision fix. (v6)
Changes: i found that the amount you could carry seemed slightly too low for my liking, so i added a couple of kg to your characters inventory.
Furthermore, i slightly upped your character's resistance values to different hazards, so getting hit wouldn't mean instant death.
Your character should be able to sustain ~20%-25% more damage than before, radiation damage is nerfed slightly.
Also includes slightly increased stamina (drain is now 25% less than previously). Nothing else changed.
In the new version, different classes also have different sprint speeds, the recon being the fastest, and the sniper being the slowest. Also includes the collision fix (standalone is now obsolete, this has been changed to be balanced now).
Download:

Armor tweak. (v5)
Changes: a tweak that tries to make enemies to be less like bullet sponges, with the focus being on making headshots deadlier. ALL of the damage values for armored npcs have been adjusted, albeit slightly (up to 20%). The decrease in armor values depends on the armor type (i nerfed the heavy armor more than light, for balance purposes). To prevent this from messing with the game balance too badly, you also take more damage through your armor (however the difference between armor stats for various suits has been made smaller, so trench coats can stop buckshot (partially)). As of the latest versions, the durability of armors and most of the protection values have been changed, including helmets and their weight, furthermore, repair kits have been overhauled: while the prices still are the same, you will be able to repair items in worse condition now (~10-15%), also, the english description files have also been modified to show you the changes properly. There is a bug, however: although the armor stats still are relatively low, the bar in the inventory shows rather high values.
Download:

Scope zoom tweak.
Changes: slightly increases the zoom values of attachable scopes (use the modification menu for dedicated sniper rifles).
Download:

Marksman/sniper rifle damage tweak.
Changes: because of a recent discussion in the forums, i decided to do something about this. All marksman and sniper rifles now have slightly increased damage, however the increase depends on the type of weapon: automatic rifles get the least buff (10%), semi automatics get 15%, however bolt action rifles get a 25% increase in damage. Some weapons have been slightly rebalanced. You can read more about this here. While the damage values don't seem to be too drastically increased, keep in mind that these rifles are also used by some enemies (you could always get the npc armor fix too, if you want to).
Download:

nokte's upgrade tree fix (0.1) + rifle damage tweak.
Changes: a merge of nokte's upgrade tree fix (0.01 - found here), which adds proper upgrade trees to various weapons and my rifle damage tweak. How this differs from nokte's mod, is that i've restored the accuracy values of sniper class to the rifles (it was assault, i think?), however non-class changes are still present in the updated weapons (small changes in stats possible).
Download:

Grenade damage tweak.
Changes: while i search for a way to decrease grenade throw accuracy, here is a tweak that decreases the grenade damage.
Download:

Repair price tweak.
Changes: i disliked the fact, that repairing a fully damaged weapon was 4x more expensive than buying a new one (since Cardan could simply toss the old one and buy a new one, from Nimble, even), so i changed it to something more like 2.4x the price.
No other changes, however departs rather far from Misery default values.
Download:

Artifact price and weight tweak.
Changes: increases artifact prices to near-pre-patch values. Slightly imbalanced IMO, but done upon request by a couple of community members.
Download:

Edited by: Stiivais

--

Author of a bunch of tweaks and stuff:

• [Misery 2.0] Misc adjustments.
  • [Misery 2.0] Stealth fixes.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - Misc tweaks.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - New performance texture pack and radio songs addon.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - SweetFX shaders (poor man's ENB).

Lost all my files - goodbye... : /

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Cool nice job for a small fixs! Do you know if I can keep my saves if I install some of these?

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

MaDBuG wrote: Cool nice job for a small fixs! Do you know if I can keep my saves if I install some of these?

As i said previously, "no new game starts are required".
So yes, you should be fine as far as i know. If i am mistaken, however, let me know.

--

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Are you going to change NPCs damage resistance, player damage resistance and NPCs pin point accuracy/grenadeski soon?

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

nokte wrote: Are you going to change NPCs damage resistance, player damage resistance and NPCs pin point accuracy/grenadeski soon?

NPC damage resistance - for mutants: no, for other NPCs: possibly.
NPC accuracy - i'll look into modifying accuracy later (after the texture pack is done), however the stealth fix lowers the distance at which ai shoot each-other already.
Player damage resistance - already done, it's in the difficulty tweak, albeit somewhat small.

--

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Yo, there are some people trying to make Misery more playable through patches(Unfuck Misery patch). I like some of your tweaks, would it be alright to include some of them in the patch? (With credit of course)

Edited by: Tim_the_Wizard

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Nice work! Glad to see so many people stepping in to help out and fix the issues with the mod.

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Tim_the_Wizard wrote: Yo, there are some people trying to make Misery more playable through patches(Unfuck Misery patch). I like some of your tweaks, would it be alright to include some of them in the patch? (With credit of course)

Yes. I have nothing against that, have a blast! :)

--

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Awesome, eagerly awaiting the reduced texture pack.

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

I hope that ice cream was good.

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Bourbs wrote: I hope that ice cream was good.

GODDAMNIT! I forgot. I intended to eat it while modding, but totally got drawn in.
*grabs a spoon and runs off to kitchen in the middle of the night*

akkalat85 wrote: Awesome, eagerly awaiting the reduced texture pack.

1434/4026 (35%) textures done, current size: 256 MB, so far looks promising.
Unless the CPU melts, been going non stop converting for the last 4 hours
(not very well multi-threaded, 95% usage on core 1, ~50% on core 2).
But, then again, it's not that bad, already was almost half-way through with my last attempt,
until i discovered that alpha channel was lost. >_<

*remembers about the spoon in hands*
F**K!
*runs off... again.*

Edit: Can anyone check if the accuracy fix does anything?
I would still like to be up for a while, since i want to keep an eye on the temps (while derping around, e.g. i've already found how to add more songs to the radios, perhaps i'll also add a rather old ambient sound mod to the game)...

--

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

An anon from the unfuckery team has already made a descaled texture pack.
Mega.co.nz

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

DerHolt wrote: An anon from the unfuckery team has already made a descaled texture pack.
Mega.co.nz

The file is 1.64 GB (apparently with compression), mine will be around 800 MB (without, not sure about what the ratio will be).
Also, i am not sure about that file, but mine will affect every texture (except ui elements, perhaps other things that would severely damage the experience). Not saying that the anon has done a bad job (to be honest, i can't check :/), but i really want to complete my version and see how big the changes will be.

--

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

From my experience, all Butts has done is compress oversized textures to reaonable sizes. Nothing looks changed, and I've gone up from 20 to 30fps to a steady 40 to 50fps, regardless of location or npc clutter.

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Hey Stiivais, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I want to replace the radio music with some of my own music and I tried but when I started the game you can hear it everywhere you go and I just want to hear it when you get close to the radio. I converted all the music files to .ogg and named them 01_Radiomix etc. to replace the others, do you mind helping me out? The radio music is located in gamedata/sounds/music/radio

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

TropicalZZZ wrote: Hey Stiivais, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I want to replace the radio music with some of my own music and I tried but when I started the game you can hear it everywhere you go and I just want to hear it when you get close to the radio. I converted all the music files to .ogg and named them 01_Radiomix etc. to replace the others, do you mind helping me out? The radio music is located in gamedata/sounds/music/radio

That's a difficult one.
You probably didn't comment your sound: Moddb.com

Here's a link to the SDK Wiki, with working images: Sdk.stalker-game.com

Also, why are you overwriting the old sound files? >_<
From what i've learned, you can easily add new ones by opening sound_theme.script under gamedata/scripts/ and adding the filename of your sound in the array; you can even change where it's played!

--

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Can't download the stealth fix alone?

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

death544 wrote: Can't download the stealth fix alone?

Fixed.
Edit: Damn it, took me more than a minute. Need more coffee...

--

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Hell yeah. Thanks for your configs, It'll be handy since the Unfuckery Team doesn't have optional changes and I dislike more than one thing in their patch

Aug 6 2013 Anchor

Thanks for fixes mate :)
Any chance for spawn menu?

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

Hey Stiivasis, is it just me or does the player endurance tweak link button not work? the others seem to work fine.

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

Spawn menu? We have that too.
Mega.co.nz

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

DerHolt wrote: Spawn menu? We have that too.
Mega.co.nz

If it will work then I`m gone for like a week :P
Thanks a lot mate :)
BTW. Is there any easy way to make M14DMR/SIG550 accept silencer?

Edited by: m14kill

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

MaDBuG wrote: Hey Stiivasis, is it just me or does the player endurance tweak link button not work? the others seem to work fine.

Fixed.
I hate organising links... >_<

--

Aug 7 2013 Anchor

Stiivais wrote:

DerHolt wrote: An anon from the unfuckery team has already made a descaled texture pack.
Mega.co.nz

The file is 1.64 GB (apparently with compression), mine will be around 800 MB (without, not sure about what the ratio will be).
Also, i am not sure about that file, but mine will affect every texture (except ui elements, perhaps other things that would severely damage the experience). Not saying that the anon has done a bad job (to be honest, i can't check :/), but i really want to complete my version and see how big the changes will be.

It isn't a descaled texture pack, it's actually just Absolute Nature Lite. Since Misery uses a customized version of Absolute Nature so I will wait for your repackage.

Edited by: akkalat85

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.