Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Questions to help me succeed in Misery 2.1? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Questions to help me succeed in Misery 2.1?) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6
Mar 12 2015 Anchor

Hey all. First off, I just wanted to let you all know that I have beaten Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and I have played both Shoc and Call of pripyat countless times to date, so I am familiar with the Stalker series. Anyways, I am new to Misery mod for Call of pripyat, and I'm in desperate need of a large sum of money, preferably around 50k RU, so I can afford a Sunrise suit and headlamp and all that jazz. I picked the Assaulter class. Currently my game time is about 4 hours, and so far I have around 25,000 RU, STG, GSH18, and around 50 bullets each. I have already looted the stashes on the gas station(the AKM) and the ones on Shevchenko or whatever(the boat near Skadovsk). Also I have a few broken guns, some which I have looted from killing bandit stalkers. These include Dragunov, Desert eagle(worn), USP compact, and I think 2 ak's. They all are pretty damaged, all are under 75% for sure. Also I have 50 hydroshock and 30 AP .45 ACP rounds. Anyways I actually have a few questions which Ill ask here. Sorry in advance for the long post.

1. Is it possible to make 50k RU in a time span of 2 hours or less? If so, how?
2. In one mission for Beard where you have to kill the people that are trading guns at the ranger station, I forgot to talk to Spartacus, and therefore the mission isn't complete. Where can I find him?
3. I really wanted a shotgun and a better assault rifle, which ones should I pick? I am looking for affordable, powerful but accurate guns. The Koz-66 double barreled(regular not sawed off) looked good but it might not be good for end game where ill be facing a lot of Monolith soldiers. For the assault rifle, as long as it is accurate enough to hit long range targets, and it is also powerful and the ammo isnt expensive, then it's good enough for me.
4. What armor should I get? Would a Sunrise suit be good enough for now?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 12 2015 Anchor

Cash rewards for missions are greatly reduced and stashes have much lower value items to make it harder to get that 50K. The best shotgun is probably either Trappers Wincheaster1300, or a Saiga 12K. Avoid spending money on intermediate suits. You have to get either a SEVA, red or green ecologist suit for the tunnels eventually. The Green is best for anomalies and has 5 slots and no upgrades. You're going to want to adjust your play style to minimize getting hit by bullets. I've played through all the way to Pripyat with just the green suit as my only purchase. With 5 slots you can add plates or artifacts to round the suits protections out. Sparticus' icon will be on map showing you where he is if he's alive.

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

1. It is highly possible specially given you already have starting weapons. You can either hunt mutants by following the other stalkers, so no ammo expanse. Or if you feel like fighting pick on mercs at substation, they always yield healthy amount of loots.
2. Spartacus should still be at ranger station, 2nd floor in the main building. If he's missing then it is possible your game is bugged. Easiest way to fix is go back to earlier save.
3. The most affordable (and available at trader) assault rifle for me is AK-74 cobra. It is very accurate and with AP ammo, it packs solid punch. I don't use any other shotguns, only Saiga for me. If you manage to find one don't let it go. It is the only shotgun you can use through the entire game with ease.
4. Sunrise would be good enough just for now if you can afford one. The truth is Misery offers serious fire fights so always pay attention to upgrade and attachment slot. You will need them. SEVA and EXO will offer more protection, but remember you will only able to take 2 or 3 more hits than usual, don't expect EXO will make you a robotcop in the zone. It only gives you more room to survive.

Edited by: DesertEagleV

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

jasper34 wrote: Cash rewards for missions are greatly reduced and stashes have much lower value items to make it harder to get that 50K. The best shotgun is probably either Trappers Wincheaster1300, or a Saiga 12K. Avoid spending money on intermediate suits. You have to get either a SEVA, red or green ecologist suit for the tunnels eventually. The Green is best for anomalies and has 5 slots and no upgrades. You're going to want to adjust your play style to minimize getting hit by bullets. I've played through all the way to Pripyat with just the green suit as my only purchase. With 5 slots you can add plates or artifacts to round the suits protections out. Sparticus' icon will be on map showing you where he is if he's alive.

How do I get the WInchester1300? Also I forgot to add that I'm still in Zaton. Also, the SEVA is INSANELY expensive, so how in the world would I get the funds to buy it? LOL

Flomlg2PrO wrote:

jasper34 wrote: Cash rewards for missions are greatly reduced and stashes have much lower value items to make it harder to get that 50K. The best shotgun is probably either Trappers Wincheaster1300, or a Saiga 12K. Avoid spending money on intermediate suits. You have to get either a SEVA, red or green ecologist suit for the tunnels eventually. The Green is best for anomalies and has 5 slots and no upgrades. You're going to want to adjust your play style to minimize getting hit by bullets. I've played through all the way to Pripyat with just the green suit as my only purchase. With 5 slots you can add plates or artifacts to round the suits protections out. Sparticus' icon will be on map showing you where he is if he's alive.

How do I get the WInchester1300? Also I forgot to add that I'm still in Zaton. Also, the SEVA is INSANELY expensive, so how in the world would I get the funds to buy it? LOL

Ak-47 Cobra looked like a serious downgrade from my current assault rifle, the STG-44, but I guess if the ammo's cheaper, I'll take it. I just wish I had more money lol it sucks living off of pennies basically. Also you said the Mercs had some good loot, however by the time the fight is over, if I win, wont their guns be damaged and therefore useless? Cause I can't repair guns under 75% at all right now and I wont get too much for them selling them to Beard right?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 12 2015 Anchor

You get Trappers shotgun after you kill swamp bloodsuckers in Jupiter, I think. You have slight chance of finding a Saiga 12K in loot from either bandits or bloodsucker lair. If you find one over 40% you can fix it up with kits your find. Avoid selling kits for any caliber weapon you use or aspire to use. It's way cheaper to repair a heavily worn weapon your self than pay to have it done.

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

I think Trappers shotgun is given after you kill Chimera in Jupiter area (not to be mistaken for quest at Zaton area) as a reward. You need to kill Bloodsuckers and Burers before getting Chimera quest.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 12 2015 Anchor

I think you're right ... easy peasy. Don't forget your M209's

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

jasper34 wrote: You get Trappers shotgun after you kill swamp bloodsuckers in Jupiter, I think. You have slight chance of finding a Saiga 12K in loot from either bandits or bloodsucker lair. If you find one over 40% you can fix it up with kits your find. Avoid selling kits for any caliber weapon you use or aspire to use. It's way cheaper to repair a heavily worn weapon your self than pay to have it done.

Where can I find kits that repair guns over 40%? They expensive?

ToothlessShark wrote: I think Trappers shotgun is given after you kill Chimera in Jupiter area (not to be mistaken for quest at Zaton area) as a reward. You need to kill Bloodsuckers and Burers before getting Chimera quest.

Actually that sounds slightly difficult lmao chimeras are probably harder to kill in Misery right?

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

Flomlg2PrO wrote:
Ak-47 Cobra looked like a serious downgrade from my current assault rifle, the STG-44, but I guess if the ammo's cheaper, I'll take it. I just wish I had more money lol it sucks living off of pennies basically. Also you said the Mercs had some good loot, however by the time the fight is over, if I win, wont their guns be damaged and therefore useless? Cause I can't repair guns under 75% at all right now and I wont get too much for them selling them to Beard right?

The stats displayed doesn't really mean much in the actual combat. I have tested them all, against every target there is. A silenced PB1s looks like inferior weapon against Beretta or UPD compact, in combat against humans silenced PB1 has almost no recoil, makes mid range head shot super easy.
Cobra's main advantage is clear red dot sight, use semi-auto it's recoil is on par with rest of the Ak family rifles. When firing while moving or on fully automatic, other Ak rifles tends to shift upward and covers the field of vision, makes it harder against target at distance specially moving ones. Cobra clear sight solves that problem in very early stage of the game at no additional cost. When fully upgraded Cobra is very suitable for any distance engagements, it's accuracy on semi-auto can easily compete with sniper rifle.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 12 2015 Anchor

One good shot with M209 or the other projectile grenade will do the trick, just don't miss unless you can really backpedal. Reload is painfully slow :D

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

DesertEagleV wrote:

Flomlg2PrO wrote:

The stats displayed doesn't really mean much in the actual combat. I have tested them all, against every target there is. A silenced PB1s looks like inferior weapon against Beretta or UPD compact, in combat against humans silenced PB1 has almost no recoil, makes mid range head shot super easy.
Cobra's main advantage is clear red dot sight, use semi-auto it's recoil is on par with rest of the Ak family rifles. When firing while moving or on fully automatic, other Ak rifles tends to shift upward and covers the field of vision, makes it harder against target at distance specially moving ones. Cobra clear sight solves that problem in very early stage of the game at no additional cost. When fully upgraded Cobra is very suitable for any distance engagements, it's accuracy on semi-auto can easily compete with sniper rifle.

Wow, looks like I know what gun I'm getting now. I'll sell my STG-44 and probably some other things so I can afford a cobra tho

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

I'd keep good old STG-44, very durable back up weapn in case things goes south.

I know for a fact once Saiga-12k is aquired, you can ditch rest of the shotguns. There is no other shotgun can compete with Saiga in actual combats.

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

jasper34 wrote: One good shot with M209 or the other projectile grenade will do the trick, just don't miss unless you can really backpedal. Reload is painfully slow :D

Hm interesting, Ill try and get a M203 then, as long as its not crazy expensive, actually i saw that Owl had one for 1,500 RU so I could get one today actually LOL

DesertEagleV wrote: I'd keep good old STG-44, very durable back up weapn in case things goes south.

I know for a fact once Saiga-12k is aquired, you can ditch rest of the shotguns. There is no other shotgun can compete with Saiga in actual combats.

Yeah its a good rifle but the ammo might be a bit expensive. I dont really want the Saiga tho cause its overpowered in my opinion, I was kinda leanin on a Spas 12, is there an easy and cheap way to get one?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 12 2015 Anchor

Get someone carrying one to surrender, it will be in mint condition. Otherwise find and fix one up ... if you use "found" kits it's cheap otherwise....

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

1. It is possible, but not that common to do so. There are two easyish missions early on where you can make a lot of money quickly, one is the Bloodsucker Lair and the other is the Transaction (where you disrupt the bandit deal). In the bloodsucker lair you can get a load of loot off the dead Stalkers in the basement, plus bloodsucker body parts, and from Danila, Tremor and Grouse. In the Transaction you can get a ton of loot off the dead bandits and mercs.

2. He should be at the Ranger station. I don't think he returns to the Skadovsk until after the mission is officially done. If he died, another stalker takes his spot as the leader of the group. They should be marked on your PDA. If they all died you might be kinda screwed for that. Don't worry too much though. In my current playthrough Spartacus died before I could even start that line of missions! The only way I could do the Transaction was via Owl, who hired me to protect the Duty trader. It's hard as fuck to complete successfully on that path, but I was only after the loot. Everyone died, I survived, I was able to collect 12 corpses worth of tasty gear, and easily made over 20000 RU.

3. For shotguns, anything from a SPAS upwards is good. Saiga and Protecta are ideal, but the SPAS is nice and cheap (should be around 15000-18000 RU). For assault rifles, I'm honestly not that picky as long as it can mount a grenade launcher and a scope. All modern rifles are decent and can be taken through the end game. I took an AN-94 all the way through the game once. It did fine. All the mid-tier rifles are good and affordable, so just pick the one you like the best.

4. As an Assaulter I prefer to save up for a Beryl. Beryls are nice. Another option is to side with Duty, and after you've done them a few favours they'll give you a free suit of heavy armour which is actually pretty good (and getting anything like that for free is a massive luxury in Misery).

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

jasper34 wrote: Get someone carrying one to surrender, it will be in mint condition. Otherwise find and fix one up ... if you use "found" kits it's cheap otherwise....

How would I get someone to surrender without damaging the weapon itself in the process? Cause you need to shoot the said person multiple times to get him to surrender.

Lomlom wrote: 1. It is possible, but not that common to do so. There are two easyish missions early on where you can make a lot of money quickly, one is the Bloodsucker Lair and the other is the Transaction (where you disrupt the bandit deal). In the bloodsucker lair you can get a load of loot off the dead Stalkers in the basement, plus bloodsucker body parts, and from Danila, Tremor and Grouse. In the Transaction you can get a ton of loot off the dead bandits and mercs.

2. He should be at the Ranger station. I don't think he returns to the Skadovsk until after the mission is officially done. If he died, another stalker takes his spot as the leader of the group. They should be marked on your PDA. If they all died you might be kinda screwed for that. Don't worry too much though. In my current playthrough Spartacus died before I could even start that line of missions! The only way I could do the Transaction was via Owl, who hired me to protect the Duty trader. It's hard as fuck to complete successfully on that path, but I was only after the loot. Everyone died, I survived, I was able to collect 12 corpses worth of tasty gear, and easily made over 20000 RU.

3. For shotguns, anything from a SPAS upwards is good. Saiga and Protecta are ideal, but the SPAS is nice and cheap (should be around 15000-18000 RU). For assault rifles, I'm honestly not that picky as long as it can mount a grenade launcher and a scope. All modern rifles are decent and can be taken through the end game. I took an AN-94 all the way through the game once. It did fine. All the mid-tier rifles are good and affordable, so just pick the one you like the best.

4. As an Assaulter I prefer to save up for a Beryl. Beryls are nice. Another option is to side with Duty, and after you've done them a few favours they'll give you a free suit of heavy armour which is actually pretty good (and getting anything like that for free is a massive luxury in Misery).

In the transaction mission, I looted everybody, but I only got mainly sidearms and ammo which wasnt that entirely valuable or worth it. Its kinda funny because I started looting right after the mission ended, but still didnt find a single primary weapon I could sell. I might consider giving myself like 10,000 RU(by cheating) just because of this fact, but thats a last resort option, if its that hard to make that much otherwise. As for the SPAS, Im keeping my eye out for one of those bad boys. Owl doesnt seem to sell it yet, but he's sold many other shotguns so he probably will eventually. Oh and that Duty heavy armor, its mine....lol

Edited by: ArteyFlow

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 12 2015 Anchor

I don't take prisoners, but my understanding is if you get an NPC to surrender their weapon is always in pristine condition. They don't take wear as they fight their last battle, the mod damages their weapons upon death to decrease your loot value and make economy more difficult. NPC's suck up loot without even bending over just by passing near corpses. They rush straight over and grab anything better than what they already have. The less survivors, the better, but it's hard to control without risking there being nobody left to give you credit. You have to hit one yourself to do your part. It's the odd random med or artifact you loot that often are worth the most and can save you the most money.

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

jasper34 wrote: I don't take prisoners, but my understanding is if you get an NPC to surrender their weapon is always in pristine condition. They don't take wear as they fight their last battle, the mod damages their weapons upon death to decrease your loot value and make economy more difficult. NPC's suck up loot without even bending over just by passing near corpses. They rush straight over and grab anything better than what they already have. The less survivors, the better, but it's hard to control without risking there being nobody left to give you credit. You have to hit one yourself to do your part. It's the odd random med or artifact you loot that often are worth the most and can save you the most money.

Cool, is there a way to make NPC's surrender while only using your knife?

Mar 12 2015 Anchor

Flom I see where you are now. Read this Moddb.com

Lomlom just make a massive update on mutants so it should help.

I can share how I got my first set of gears. When started black road I managed to hit couple of stash and arrived at ship. When everything is sold there were about 12k in hand. With a knife in hand and shirt on my back I started the mission "The hit", since I didn't have to do a thing until the fight almost done, just knife the last bandit once and I landed myself bunch of broken guns and few spare ammo, with reward from Stalker. When get back to ship I had about 18k in hand, with a rusty pistol loaded and 13 extra rounds. I went to the mission "The transaction", only had to fire 2 shots in total to get a healthy amount of loots. Picked up the tool, and few stashes in the building around ranger station. Plus the reward and loots, I already had close to 30k in hand.

Bought myself a drink and slept. The drink was for removing pesky minor radiation from eating raw meat. Gonna need some food next time. During day time I went out stalking a group of stalkers with the very same rusty pistol I got from last night and 11 rounds extra. Followed the group of 4 stalkers for about 2 mins before they started killing mutants, didn't have to fire a shot and 4 fleshes and 2 boards are dead in front of me. I picked up all the loots and they don't seemed too concerned. 10 mins later following the same group, stalkers started a fire fight with few poorly equipped bandits, bandits died quickly and again their loots are mine. One of the stalker wounded and dropped his AKM, I picked up the gun and left him (duh I don't have medkit). Went back to the ship, I can now afford a single use repair kit with extra ammo. 1 and half hour of playing later I got brand new AKM and and 6 extra mag go with it. Walk in the park from that point. I went on with the strange artifact mission, these 3 nice stalkers donated their weapons and a nice couple of medkit. Can't make money without asking these guys for their stuff.

Edited by: DesertEagleV

Mar 13 2015 Anchor

Best advice I can give is listen out for firefights. I made ~30kRu in a single loot, after letting a squad of Duty, Freedom and bandis all fight eachother at the same time. There were about 6 bodies to loot and they were minted. Letting mutties take out other NPCs is profitable too. You just sit on the sidelines, watch them get slaughtered and move in to profit.

Regarding your game time... 4 hours in MISERY is no time. It starts off very slow, but once you've done much of Zaton, you'll start rolling in the the cash. Don't even think about taking on the Merc base until you have good armour and a powerful, accurate weapon. if you must, use harassment techniques. Take very little gear and a Hercules, so when you kill one or two, run away and return again later - wipe them out through attrition. Risk here however, is that if you save or load a few times without looting their gear, their bodies will eventually get cleaned up.

Edited by: harrymarshalluk

Mar 13 2015 Anchor

I can add an advice not to wait too long to do that 'the hit' mission. I waited once too long and when passing close to 'schevenko' (spelling?) ship I heard large gunfight. When it ended there were lots of stalkers, bandits, mercs and one duty corpse. Apparently 2 patrols of mercs/bandits were passing by the ship and attacked those stalkers that participate in 'the hit' quest. In the end, duty squad arrived and helped stalkers to clear out attackers but all stalkers did eventually die and the mission 'the hit' automatically failed. I did get mission to help trader though so it wasn't complete loss. I was lucky enough to check out that gunfight right after it happened but I could have easily miss all that loot and not even do 'the hit' what would be another loot/reward loss.

Mar 13 2015 Anchor

ToothlessShark wrote: I can add an advice not to wait too long to do that 'the hit' mission. I waited once too long and when passing close to 'schevenko' (spelling?) ship I heard large gunfight. When it ended there were lots of stalkers, bandits, mercs and one duty corpse. Apparently 2 patrols of mercs/bandits were passing by the ship and attacked those stalkers that participate in 'the hit' quest. In the end, duty squad arrived and helped stalkers to clear out attackers but all stalkers did eventually die and the mission 'the hit' automatically failed. I did get mission to help trader though so it wasn't complete loss. I was lucky enough to check out that gunfight right after it happened but I could have easily miss all that loot and not even do 'the hit' what would be another loot/reward loss.

True that. Since I increased my Alife range, a lot of things can happen before I even realize. I have personally witness 4 heavily armored duty squad (all exo) clean out the entire iron forest. I followed them for a while and got bored. They kept marching on and left the entire swamp clean of life, couldn't find thing to kill after these guys path. The only thing left for me was pile of dead mutants, badly decomposed.

Mar 13 2015 Anchor

Speaking of decayed bodies, is there an easy way to increase it? I've had mutants die, then their bodies be badly decayed after only an hour or so game time...

Mar 13 2015 Anchor

Check out Jasper's post. I forgot where he mentioned it. But he did manage to increase the body decay time.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Mar 13 2015 Anchor

It's in the monsters config file. Change the stay after death and remove time to 2 hours. More will cause serious performance drop. You can use in-between values if you see performance drop at 2 hours, like 1.5. This also helps a lot when it takes you a while to beat the mercs at the processing plant so the bodies don't disappear before you can get the PDA's and all that loot. You still need to avoid loading and reloading too often as it will clear away bodies sooner. I make one save before starting battle and keep overwriting it until I'm done and then save a new save. Waiting to kill Hook and Ridge until nearer the end doesn't hurt either. I can't say often enough; do not use quick or auto saves to avoid corruption.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.