Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
[Misery 2.2] Radio music (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : [Misery 2.2] Radio music) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2
Sep 30 2017 Anchor
jasper34
jasper34 Misery PR Lead
Sep 30 2017 Anchor

Is this music all DRM free and safe for streamers and youtube to prevent being flagged by the music police?

Sep 30 2017 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

Is this music all DRM free... ?

Umm... It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect.

jasper34
jasper34 Misery PR Lead
Sep 30 2017 Anchor

It would only be fair to warn people considering your add-on if you have NOT verified the music is DRM free. " I can't swear all music is DRM free, but I have made my best effort to" would be adequate if you are simply uncertain.

Sep 30 2017 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

It would only be fair to warn people...

Beat you to it. Changed description.

Edited by: Colorcode

jasper34
jasper34 Misery PR Lead
Sep 30 2017 Anchor

:) I wouldn't normally do that, but only asked to minimize weeping and gnashing of teeth for the unsuspecting ;)

Sep 30 2017 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

:) I wouldn't normally do that, but only asked to minimize weeping and gnashing of teeth for the unsuspecting ;)

That's understandable, seeing you work your fingers to the bone for this mod. I coulda made this addon the proper way, but reasons.

jasper34
jasper34 Misery PR Lead
Sep 30 2017 Anchor

I'm sure there will be plenty happy to see it - thanks on their behalf ;)

I like the tenuous time capsules of radio broadcasts sort of thing better than music myself.

Maybe someone will come up with a decent app to just play your own playlists in the bars randomly. It would turn every bar into your favorite dive with music you always like :) I mean, sure you could always play it outside the game, but that's nothing like hearing from the speakers inside the game.

Sep 30 2017 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

I'm sure there will be plenty happy to see it - thanks on their behalf ;)

My pleasure.

jasper34 wrote:

Maybe someone will come up with a decent app...

I think it's possible to write commands in "command prompt" to replace all manual labor that comes with adding music to the game. Wild guessing here.

jasper34
jasper34 Misery PR Lead
Sep 30 2017 Anchor

Probably not. It's the conversion and naming of the files that is a pain. Need something that could just take your playlist on your PC and play it but with the effect of coming from the in-game speakers dynamically fading as your proximity did. Not my skill set, but I would use it :)

Edited by: jasper34

Sep 30 2017 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

Probably not.

Correct. Search revealed that one must be a programmer to make things happen. Takes time to learn, not worth the hassle. I think we're done here. Heheh

Oct 4 2017 Anchor

Would probably be possible using a custom tool that implements some open source mp3 or whatever lib.

Read a playlist, chain and fade music + add the custom sounds for ingame.

Output that as a file that overwrites the original soundtrack. Would be quite a project though.

Oct 7 2017 Anchor
in54n3 wrote:

Would be quite a project...

Indeed it would. In the meantime we use this Guide To Adding Your Own Radio Songs

Nov 5 2017 Anchor
ColorCode wrote:
in54n3 wrote:

Would be quite a project...

Indeed it would. In the meantime we use this Guide To Adding Your Own Radio Songs

Great! Thank you for the addon and for the link to the guide, I didn't know it.

Can I add as many tracks as I want? Can they be as long as I want?

OK, I tried the new tracks and they are very cool, they give some new fresh air at the bases. The only flaws are that 1) they are a little bit too loud and 2) they fade out almost abruptly when going away from the base. Could you make something for this? At least n. 1. Or tell me how I could fix them by myself.

Really awesome job, though!

Nov 8 2017 Anchor
sergiopappalardo78 wrote:

Can I add as many tracks as I want?

Yes. I tried adding 94 tracks and it caused stutters no matter where I was.

Can they be as long as I want?

Single file should not exceed 10 mb or something. SavandT will tell you if it is no good.

sergiopappalardo78 wrote:

...new tracks... fade out almost abruptly

Fade out fix I've made the same mistake with this addon. Sorry.

Nov 8 2017 Anchor

Ok, so I'll have to re-edit the tracks with the default bit rate and reapply them. I think I can make them a little less loud too.

However if you update your addon let us know!

Nov 9 2017 Anchor

Just a heads up there is an SDK you can download for CoP for free which will do the audio metadata(if that's what it's called) in a way that CoP will understand. You will get proper fading and distance settings that way.

From what I can tell misery does not do it properly. The audio just cuts off suddenly. But maybe xray just sucks for audio, it certainly does for directional stuff but then again pretty much every game sucks hard for that.

Also as a warning the SDK is not the friendliest program to use...took me a bit to figure out how to do audio correctly with it but if you're looking to really do it properly that's the way to go. I don't remember how to do it anymore though as I did it for my own sound mod for not misery many years ago.

Nov 9 2017 Anchor

Too complex for me, I'd rather follow this guide:
convert songs to .ogg format, put them in radio folder, fix them with SAVandT, and add their names properly into sound_theme script with Notepad++.

Dec 9 2017 Anchor

Is there a track list for this mod? I can't figure out one of the songs and I really like it

Dec 16 2017 Anchor
HATARI-wildman wrote:

Is there a track list..

No. But if you tell me which file is it and the time of the song, I'll find it.

Dec 30 2017 Anchor

I love your mod. Coming back after a long day of hunting mutants to cook some meat and drink some vodka, it's nice to sit in Skadovsk and listen to the radio, but Misery's tracks wear thin after only a short time. You did a great job picking some atmospheric tunes for this mod. My question is this: would you ever release a version with the default bit-rate applied and the volume reduced so that it better matches the other tracks? Thanks again for making Misery a little less miserable.

Dec 30 2017 Anchor

I think too that volume is definetly too high, that's the only issue for me, don't care about the bitrate and abrupting fading.

Jan 3 2018 Anchor
ubertimmy wrote:

I love your mod.

Thanks, pal!

ubertimmy wrote:

...would you ever release...

But I won't be testing it, since I quit playing.

Update. Toned down volume, plus fixed bitrate.

Jan 3 2018 Anchor

Great!!!

Jan 3 2018 Anchor

Wow, thank you! It does appear to crash misery upon installation, though.

Edited by: ubertimmy

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.