Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 2.2 - Iron Sights (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : PC setup : Misery 2.2 - Iron Sights) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 6 2017 Anchor

I'm playing Misery 2.2, and something has been REALLY bugging me. I don't recall having this happen in Misery 1.1

When I go into Iron Sights for most rifles and pistols, it shifts my FOV to 75 from the default 55 and seemingly zooms out as opposed to zooming in.

I should add that I installed the game at 75 FOV initially, and it seemed to the do the same thing, and then exchanged the xrGame.dll with the old 55 FOV .dll file to change back to default CoP FOV.

TL:DR my default FOV is 55 but ironsights bring me to 75 FOV. Is this intentional or did I mess something up?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Nov 6 2017 Anchor

Your installation is messed up. Changing the FOV by swapping the .dll only changes your personal FOV, not the factor programmed into all the weapons. It would be easier to backup your saves and reinstall fresh than walk you through correcting it. Make sure to follow the directions exactly Dropbox.com

Nov 6 2017 Anchor

That makes some sense. I'll just re-install at some point then if the manual method is really complex.

Jan 16 2018 Anchor

on a related topic, I notice that the LR300 and the new M4A1 have part of the stock cut off when in iron sight mode, is this a resolution issue or something? its not that bothersome anyway

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 17 2018 Anchor

Yes, the models were designed for 55 FOV. On this engine, we can't have separate FOV's for weapons and regular view. Some models just won't adapt perfectly to all FOV's.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.