Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Poll: What to reveal next? (389 votes)
MISERY 2.2 Feature Reveal (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : MISERY 2.2 Feature Reveal) Locked
Thread Options
N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Aug 19 2015 Anchor

MDT decided to not only polish and enhance a couple of core aspects for the upcoming MISERY 2.2.
But also to add in a few new and very creative features!

Did you miss the result from the last feature poll?
See it right [HERE].

We have some interesting secrets hidden up our sleeves, and would like to present these, depending on YOUR interest.

As always we would like YOU to decide which aspect that should be published next:
- Something about REALISM?
- Something about WEAPONS?
- Something about IMMERSION?
- Something about ARMOR/REPAIR?

The poll will close within days and dictate us what to reveal next.

:::::::
MISERY 2.1.2 Update has been canceled and changed working title to MISERY 2.2
CLICK HERE to read more and see the current changelog of MISERY 2.2
:::::::

Looking forward to seeing your pick.
Misery Development Ltd.

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Even though Misery is really well put together, and masterfully designed, it's major flaw is the wrong assumption. Had Zone ever existed, it would have been flooded with all sorts of stuff from the black market. I know since my grandfather has been through wars along with my father and during those times, everything is flooded but simple rations (food). You could have bought a weapon cheaper then your everyday bread. Do something about the "realism" part which is IMHO lacking. Furthermore. return the compass (or at least optional) cause this is still a game and hopefully not real thing.

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

Are Artifacts goin to be worth hunting for?

Aug 19 2015 Anchor

what about bug fixes?
1. saves are still corrupting
2. game still freezes after talking to Lieutenant Rogovets in Radio interference mission
3. bodies of killed enemies still dissapear

After so many patches, there are still major unsolved problems from the beginning

Aug 19 2015 Anchor
zetroxos wrote:

what about bug fixes?

That's a feature, they decay.

Edited by: GamerRoman

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 19 2015 Anchor
zetroxos wrote:

what about bug fixes?
1. saves are still corrupting
2. game still freezes after talking to Lieutenant Rogovets in Radio interference mission

After so many patches, there are still major unsolved problems from the beginning

Save games only get corrupted when the quick and autosave features are used. Don't use them and no corruption will occur. Fixes are both mentioned on my profile page. The Medic bug is GONE :D Bodies are supposed to disappear after time. Those instances where it affects the storyline, the critical items remain behind now. Virtually every existing bug has been rectified. Smart hunting of artifacts has always been profitable. If your equipment isn't up to it, stay out of anomalies to avoid costly damage to your gear.
Aug 19 2015 Anchor

feature is that bodies decay in 30 minutes in game till firefight is finished?

in 2.1.1 the medic bug was still there

Edited by: zetroxos

Aug 19 2015 Anchor
Protos.Angelus wrote:

Even though Misery is really well put together, and masterfully designed, it's major flaw is the wrong assumption. Had Zone ever existed, it would have been flooded with all sorts of stuff from the black market. I know since my grandfather has been through wars along with my father and during those times, everything is flooded but simple rations (food). You could have bought a weapon cheaper then your everyday bread. Do something about the "realism" part which is IMHO lacking. Furthermore. return the compass (or at least optional) cause this is still a game and hopefully not real thing.

So, make Misery easy?

No thanks.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 19 2015 Anchor

@Zetroxos Bodies currently decay and disappear after 1 hour of game time has elapsed. This occurs usually when you reload. The time has been extended to 2 hours for 2.2. Extensive tests have indicated that very few systems can handle the load of remembering so many objects that after 2 hours you lose at least 10 FPS per hour. Avoiding reloading during a battle will preserve the most loot. One hour of game time is about 6 minutes IRL.
The medic bug has an easy workaround (lowering alife switch_distance to 50 before talking to him) for 2.1.1. It has been fixed for 2.2.

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

New version of Misery adds any new items? Weapon maybe or mutants parts?

Aug 20 2015 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

Avoiding reloading during a battle will preserve the most loot.

That's harsh, the vanilla game is already notorious for slamming the F5 and F9 Keys.

zalewa211 wrote:

New version of Misery adds any new items? Weapon maybe or mutants parts?

New weapons:
- SVD Ghillie
- NEW: AK-47 with several variants
- NEW: AKM-S with several variants
- NEW: MP-412 Rex
- NEW: Freedom AKM
- NEW: Duty AKM

- Taken from the changelog page for MISERY MOD: Miserymod.com

Edited by: GamerRoman

PzKd
PzKd X-Ray redneck
Aug 20 2015 Anchor
GamerRoman wrote: That's harsh, the vanilla game is already notorious for slamming the F5 and F9 Keys.

Hard save (from the ESC menu) preserve loot. Tested and approved at Zaton Mercenary Camp.

--

S.T.A.L.K.E.R WORMWOOD Team - Game Engine Programmer

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

I would personally like to see more weapon costumization. Right now there is grenade launcher, scope and silencer. I would like to see more of these attachments like flashlight, muzzlebreak and perhaps a handle. A laser would be kind of cool for the recon class.

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 20 2015 Anchor

There are two recommended methods for hard saves using the F5 and F9 keys, links to both are on my profile page. You don't even have to break the F5 habit, but you will enjoy the game more if you play the battles through instead of constantly saving :D

Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Looks like Devs are going to have a hard time deciding what to reveal next nevertheless after all :) Poll is very balanced.

PzKd
PzKd X-Ray redneck
Aug 20 2015 Anchor
PringelZ wrote:

I would personally like to see more weapon costumization. Right now there is grenade launcher, scope and silencer. I would like to see more of these attachments like flashlight, muzzlebreak and perhaps a handle. A laser would be kind of cool for the recon class.

Attachments slots are defined on engine side. Technically is not hard to add slot for weapons. I saw that this morning while coding a engine feature.

--

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 20 2015 Anchor

Lights of any kind could draw unwanted attention giving away your position. Nightvision scopes use no UPD power. Would you really want to take on extra battery drain and give away your position just to have a gadget on your weapon? ;-)

PzKd
PzKd X-Ray redneck
Aug 20 2015 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

Lights of any kind could draw unwanted attention giving away your position. Nightvision scopes use no UPD power. Would you really want to take on extra battery drain and give away your position just to have a gadget on your weapon? ;-)

InfraRed Laser Pointer ?

--

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Aug 20 2015 Anchor

That might be a neat gadget early on against enemies without nightvision, but even those with infrared scopes would see that and obtain your position, No?

PzKd
PzKd X-Ray redneck
Aug 20 2015 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

That might be a neat gadget early on against enemies without nightvision, but even those with infrared scopes would see that and obtain your position, No?

And vice versa ;)

--

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Aug 25 2015 Anchor

The poll results are in. Majority of MISERY followers voted more reveal on REALISM.
Here is your feature reveal
This poll will now be closed - thanks for voting - this was a close and exciting one!

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.