Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 2.2 crash (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Misery 2.2 crash) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 28 2018 Anchor

Hey, I'm using the latest version of Misery and have started to experience crashes in the last day or so. Turning my alife.ltx switch_distance to 10 does stop me from crashing, but it makes it unplayable too. The two locations that make me crash so far are the cement factory and the container warehouse, both in Jupiter. I am using a near vanilla install, with the only mod being all weapon upgrades that has caused no crashes until now.

I've uploaded the XRayEngine error log here if you think you can help.

Cheers

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 28 2018 Anchor

So, you are having a stack trace crash:

* End of synchronization A[1] R[1]
intro_delete ::update_game_loaded
compiling shader model_distort_1
stack trace:

0023:064DF4EB xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::CDialogHolder()

When you lower your switch_distance, it is only long enough to save the game with no zombies withing the radius. Then you are supposed to exit and restore to your normal distance. You are not supposed to actually play that way.

If that does not correct your problem, there are no weapons mods I am aware of which are MISERY 2.2 compatible yet. TAZ has been delayed do to equipment failure.

Regardless of the weapons mod, A new game is required. You will virtually always have crashes otherwise.

Feb 28 2018 Anchor

Hmm, there should be no zombies in the radius anyway, and I've had no problems fighting zombies before, even with grenades. Editing my alife down to 10 radius stops the crash, and I can move closer to the area that does crash me too. If I save at alife 10 and exit to change it back the second I reload my save the game crashes again.

The mod I talked about is this, and I started a new save before using it.

I hope I do not have to start again as I have been really taking my time this playthrough (30 hours or so) and I'm not sure I have the will to start again. If I were to completely uninstall and reinstall both STALKER and Misery would the saves be compatible or not?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 28 2018 Anchor

AFAIK, Vancers is not 100% compatible with 2.2. If it were, it would say so. You have to start a new game AFTER installing any other mod, unless it specifically says it is not required. It takes very little change to make a save incompatible. IF ANY NPC within your alife switch_distance has any weapon whose upgrade tree differs from MISERY's, and has upgrades pre-installed, it would cause a crash.

Saves made after installing the mod will not be compatible with straight-up MISERY 2.2, saves made before the mod will not work with it. If they have been saved over since installing the mod, they will no longer work with plain MISERY 2.2.

Feb 28 2018 Anchor

I did start a new game after installing it, oh well.

Thanks for your help anyway, guess that's enough Misery for a while!

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Feb 28 2018 Anchor

The problem is it's not compatible yet. Starting a new game with a compatible mod is problem free, even the best practices won't help if it's not quite right.

Keep an eye out for TAZ or an update to this or other weapons mods ...

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.