Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Misery 2.2: chances to get good battle suit? (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Misery 2.2: chances to get good battle suit?) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 22 2018 Anchor

How do I get a good armored suit for combat in 2.2? Are there any quests/loot instances where I can get one like a Bulat/Duty armor suit?

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 22 2018 Anchor

Side with Duty once you get to Yanov. You get two Duty suits free, Not the Bulat IIRC. Freedom Armor has better camouflage.

Jan 22 2018 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

Side with Duty once you get to Yanov. You get two Duty suits free, Not the Bulat IIRC. Freedom Armor has better camouflage.

I know there's a duty suit you get when you raid the warehouse after giving the PDA to the Duty leader, but it's the low-level PS5-M Universal Protection, which is crap and in terrible condition (read: irreperable). What about the PSZ-9d Duty Armour? At what point do I get that? I don't see that or the Bulat for sale at Bonesetter. If I can't get either one until the end of the game, I may go with something else. What does Nible give you when you order an armored suit from him?

If I have to go to Pripyat to get the PSZ-9d, then I'll skip it and get something that's available at the start of Jupiter. I have no armor right now except for the red ecologist suit, which is impractical for anything but going into anomalies.

Edited by: misterkat

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Jan 22 2018 Anchor

I never buy either of those suits, so never paid any attention. The Exo becomes available upon return from Pripyat. The other probably right before you leave Jupiter for Pripyat or also after returning. I don't recall what the second free Duty suit was. Since the daytime camo on them is bad, they are not good choices for me. Nimble sells the CS3a IIRC. It also has poor camo. A plain coat with some attachments is plenty for me until the tunnels, except for scripted fire anomaly missions.

Jan 22 2018 Anchor
jasper34 wrote:

I never buy either of those suits, so never paid any attention. The Exo becomes available upon return from Pripyat. The other probably right before you leave Jupiter for Pripyat or also after returning. I don't recall what the second free Duty suit was. Since the daytime camo on them is bad, they are not good choices for me. Nimble sells the CS3a IIRC. It also has poor camo. A plain coat with some attachments is plenty for me until the tunnels, except for scripted fire anomaly missions.

I guess the CS3 is the best I can get at this point.

Though it has pretty bad camo day AND night!

I did the first mission in Yanov (take what's yours) and immediately bonesetter had the Bulat for sale! Good thing I skipped the CS3. Bulat has normal camo and great armor. Available early on, too (almost immediately at the start of Jupiter).

How much of an advantage does "high" camo provide compared to medium?

Edited by: misterkat

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.