Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Poll: Interested in this feature/mod? (12 votes)
[Misery 2.1.1.] - Realistic time passage (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : [Misery 2.1.1.] - Realistic time passage) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 23 2014 Anchor

Evening, everyone,

I have decided to postpone this mod due to the fact that creating this mod alone is too much for me (and I rather give the time to myself, my family/friends, work, etc.).

I am still interested in this mod (also for the Misery 2.2). As soon as someone from you, folks, or someone from the developers, will decide to help me actively, I will continue working on this mod.

Take care everyone, enjoy the Misery and keep up the good work devs :)!

Viktor

---

Hi folks,

first of all I want to say big thanks to everyone who has put their time and effort to create this very interesting, sophisticated, atmospheric and fun-to-play modification. Keep up this good work everyone :).

I am missing one thing, though, for quite a while since a have started to play MISERY - that is a realistic passage of time (which I very much enjoyed in the COMPLETE mod). There is no such a feature in MISERY, so I decided to create one.

Therefore, my intention is:

• stick to the original MISERY (2.1.1.) mechanics as close as possible (for instance being able to sprint only relatively small distance with heavy weight until stop from being exhausted);
  • only change those mechanics which are not consistent with the new world time setting (for instance very slow depletion of stamina while running with heavy weight).

I am working on this in my free time for a couple of hours a week (I rather enjoy the beauty of the real life :)). Although I am an experienced programmer I am new to the game core system mechanics (stats/variables/files/scripts/dependencies) and X-Ray engine. This modification will touch many time-related aspects of the MISERY mod (for example stamina, radiation, health, effects of anomalies/artefacts or consumables) and will not be easy, so any help will be much appreciated :).

Feel free to contribute, ask me something and/or post any (constructive) feedback.

If you want to contribute, just post here your intention so we can arrange the collaboration and I can update the mod status with other info appropriately.

The files and mod status info can be found here (I have created a DropBox shared folder with, I hope so :), a self-explanatory and minimal required folder structure): Dropbox.com

I have also created a basic poll to see how much interesting, or wanted, this feature is for the MISERY fan base (or other people).

Mod status...

In progress:

1. Linear weight system (Viktor_Kvašnica)

Need to be done:

1. Linear weight system
  2. Medkit
  3. Bandage
  4. Improvised stimpack (Zone-produced)
  5. Blowout
  6. Class diversity
  7. Prolonged bleeding system

Done:

1. World time (Viktor_Kvašnica)

Contributors: Viktor_Kvašnica, Trojanuch

Edited by: Viktor_Kvašnica

trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Dec 29 2014 Anchor

Nice idea here mate - please continue with it and we'll surely pin it for everyone to d/l and enjoy :)

--

Dec 29 2014 Anchor

trojanuch wrote: Nice idea here mate - please continue with it and we'll surely pin it for everyone to d/l and enjoy :)

Thanks man, i will do my best :). If only I knew which files/parameters control which aspect of the game (for instance stamina) and how, it would definitely speed the things up (i sent an e-mail request for some help with this to the MISERY development team)...

trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Dec 29 2014 Anchor

Hmm - sorry your mail has not reached me.

Can you please write specifically what you'd like to know (only stamina stuff or anything else)?

Also note that inevitable by-product of slowing down time is that the weather during blowout will out-of-sync with blowout events such as killing waves - so blowout itself will long gone, while the weather sequence will still have to finish. Beside that it should be all fine from technical stand-point.

--

Dec 29 2014 Anchor

trojanuch wrote: Hmm - sorry your mail has not reached me.

Can you please write specifically what you'd like to know (only stamina stuff or anything else)?

Also note that inevitable by-product of slowing down time is that the weather during blowout will out-of-sync with blowout events such as killing waves - so blowout itself will long gone, while the weather sequence will still have to finish. Beside that it should be all fine from technical stand-point.

I have sent the e-mail to "contact@miserymod.com".

For starters, i would like to know which files (and their sections/parameters) control the stamina stuff. I plan to do the other basic things like health recovery rate, medkits, bandages, stimpacks, antirads and other consumables (unhealthy food, water, etc.) later.

Hmm, I was asking myself why the cool sky effect still persists after the blowout (and enjoyed the spectacular view :)). I think the blowout can be synced too, technically. I will look into it later...

Thanks for your help, by the way :).

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.