Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
[Misery 2.1] Misery Loves Company - Music Addon (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : Mod optimization : [Misery 2.1] Misery Loves Company - Music Addon) Post Reply
Thread Options
burguois
burguois MISERY Dev. Friend
Mar 27 2014 Anchor

This is part of a larger expansion I'm planning for Misery 2.1 in general. This focuses on music:

I've taken the time to create several new radio mixes that will play in the Skadovsk/Yanov Station. Each of them has been constructed to fit in as seamlessly as possible into Misery, so you will hear things like radio interference/distortion masking the song transitions, and distortion throughout certain songs.

As it changes the sound_theme.script it will not be compatible with Stivas' radio addon, unless you add the new tracks to it.

In addition, it also adds over 90 new guitar tracks into the game. Whenever you listen to a stalker playing the guitar, you may hear one of the new tracks.

Overall, this adds over 2 hours of new audio to the game.

Dl.dropboxusercontent.com

Mar 29 2014 Anchor

burguois wrote: As it changes the sound_theme.script it will not be compatible with Stiivais' radio addon, unless you add the new tracks to it.

Or, you know, download this compatibility patch i made (29.03.2014, release 1) and just apply it last, after copying both of the song addons to your game folder. Then you can enjoy both of the added song lists together. :)

As for the mod itself, i have to say that i'm liking the added guitar tracks, they really seem nice, although a bit short. As for the added music - well, it doesn't really fit the setting of the game, but it's the 21st century, no more soviets jamming the radio signals, so i guess the guys in the Zone would have access to more western music, probably their tastes also reach beyond melancholic songs so far present in Misery (and to an extent in my addon(s)). Also, i had flashbacks of playing GTA after listening to some of the mixes.

I have to say that the distortions are a nice touch, certainly a bit more varied than what i used for my transitions, something i couldn't afford to do for the inital release of my addon, as i simply had too many songs, however i have to say that some of the songs sound a bit dry, as if the bitrates were low or they hadn't been normalized. If i may ask, how did you export them (software, settings, additional processing?), also, what distances did you use for the engine sound parameters?

You know, 2 more things strike me after giving the topic of songs and stuff a bit more thought:
1.) There's a lot of possiblity for improvement in regards to distortions and some atmospheric/creepy transmissions, like, adding a short track of the number stations, some cryptic messages, an intercepted tranmission by soldiers or something of such nature.
2.) Who the hell needs this much music? Seriously, with both of the packs added there will be something insane like 4 to 6 hours (i have no idea of how long all 100 of my addon's songs are) of music in Misery now. o_0

Edited by: Stiivais

--

Author of a bunch of tweaks and stuff:

• [Misery 2.0] Misc adjustments.
  • [Misery 2.0] Stealth fixes.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - Misc tweaks.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - New performance texture pack and radio songs addon.
  • [Misery 2.1] - thread - SweetFX shaders (poor man's ENB).

Lost all my files - goodbye... : /

burguois
Mar 29 2014 Anchor

To be honest, I made this quite a while ago when Misery 2.0 was first released. Back then, I didn't have a reliable internet connection, was bored and decided to try and do something like this as a personal project. I only had access to a certain amount of CDs from my local library, which is why the music was very western themed.

As for genres, well there's quite a bit of western music already in Misery. Stuff like Massive Attack, Hendrix etc. Plus it kind of annoyed me how in virtually every mod I've played, it seems that the stalkers are content to listen to old soviet dirges (most radio mods in SoC go this route) or very insular stuff. Having several friends in areas around Ukraine, they pretty much listen to a lot of western music aswell (one of the "perks" of globalization, I suppose). Misery already makes several concessions to the "real world" as it stands now (i.e. vast economic recession around the world) so it's probably not a stretch to imagine that given the opportunity stalkers would listen to the Who or what have you.

The song choice probably wasn't the best, but it was interesting to try anyway.

As for the ogg commenting settings, I literally commented them exactly the same as Misery's standard audio tracks.

--

Author of the (now integrated into MISERY 2.1) MISERY 2.0.2.1 quickfix! The team congratulates you, Burguois, for this huge contribution! You've earned the Friend Of MISERY Dev. achievement!
- [TZP]LoNer1 
Mar 30 2014 Anchor

It would be nice to mention that the guitar music was made by Stalker Complete Developers.

Apr 8 2014 Anchor

Can you merge this with Stiivais music addon?

Apr 21 2014 Anchor

+1 for Metallica song reference

Edited by: Vancer2

radasil
radasil Loner
Apr 27 2014 Anchor

Need to add "Alcohol" by Gogol Bordello (off of their Taranta! album). It fits perfectly with the whole setting.

burguois
May 4 2014 Anchor

piotrburz wrote: Can you merge this with Stiivais music addon?

Unfortunately the machine I use to do everything blew up so I am out of the game for the moment. I believe he already made one, and it is simple to do yourself if you look at the sound theme script

--

Author of the (now integrated into MISERY 2.1) MISERY 2.0.2.1 quickfix! The team congratulates you, Burguois, for this huge contribution! You've earned the Friend Of MISERY Dev. achievement!
- [TZP]LoNer1 
Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.