Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
MISERY 2.1.x BUGS thread (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : MISERY 2.1.x BUGS thread) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 85
trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Mar 18 2014 Anchor

Please post your crash logs combined with your latest save (or even better a package of selected saves from your entire playthru) if you experience any crashes!

You can find info regarding how to locate and post the proper crash log here:
Miserymod.com
(open up the CRASHES / CTD'S section)

Aside from crashed, please additionally post the report of bugs here. Please do it in a form like the one shown below:

I found a bug, XXX, and its:

• list
  • list
  • list
  • list
  • etc..

and so on :) Please describe what you did, be exact.

Not: "My suit degrades fast" - please make it more detailed for us to be able to fix it
So, for example: "My suit degrades fast when NPC XXX (faction) shoots me with XXX weapon near XXX location or when i go trought a XXX anomaly."

Any feedback of any kind (suggestions etc.) are also very much welcome in this thread or in separete threads alike.

We always do our best to stay up to date with stuff which is brought up and consider every word someone has taken effort to write an added value.

Thank you for your patience and keeping your faith in us by letting us know stuff to fix or change :)

Edited by: trojanuch

--

Mar 18 2014 Anchor

already 10 minutes into the game and have gotten this crash 3 times.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CModelPool::Instance_Load
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\Layers\xrRender\ModelPool.cpp
[error]Line : 117
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : Can't find model file 'dynamics\repair\helmet_repair.ogf'.

stack trace:

0023:69737365 d3d10_1.dll

Nyayr
Nyayr Reconnaissance Beta
Mar 18 2014 Anchor

Moddb.com

--

Avoid using autosaves, use hard saves only.

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

Mar 18 2014 Anchor

I'm getting a weird bug which I've had since the 2.1 beta... I just did a fresh install of the whole game and it still persists. All of the campfires around the map have simply disappeared. There is still sound fx for the fire, but nothing is there. It's extremely immersion breaking and I hope it can be fixed.

Edited by:

Mar 18 2014 Anchor

im getting the same crash. Tried uninstalling misery completely and tried installing 2.0 > 2.02 QF > then 2.01 update with no luck as well. I even started a new game too.
playing assaulter regular game.
*edit* Ok, just tried 2.0 > 2.02 > 2.1 and seems to be working fine . Hmmmmm.

Edited by: Emmet.Otter

Nyayr
Mar 18 2014 Anchor

2.02qf still required 2.02 if I remembered correctly :) Though I dont think you need the qf when you got the 2.1 upgrade o.o

You are best of with 2.0+2,0.2+2.0.2qf then 2.1 upgrade :)
Are even beter just use the full data it isn't that much bigger :P

Edited by: Nyayr

--

Logs are located in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat\logs\xray_....log"

ponney68
ponney68 MISERY Dev Team
Mar 18 2014 Anchor

Here is the fixed Update 2.1 package includes missing files of 2.0.1 - 2.0.2 QF.
This will be able to update to 2.1 from 2.0.

Mega.co.nz

EDIT:
Moddb.com

Edited by: ponney68

Nyayr
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Not so much a bug but more an observational error:

North of the Volkhoff AA west of the scientist bunker you sometimes have a spawn of 2 pseudo giants (I even have fought 3 yesterday, as one staryed from the parking lot, everyone survived! yay). These pseudo giant often cause a: "xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::CDialogHolder()" when they go fight a group of in my case now 'duty' who use explosives. I do not know if much can be done about this, as this 'bug' happens often more when several groups clash, at once (I'd guess lowering alife to 10 could work or else reloading till it doesn't happen like in my case, when duty kills them quickly without much overdramatic show of fireworks :P). Maybe 2 pseudos together might be a little much for? Though by jove it is cool to see 2 or 3 pseudo shred a group of stalkers and mutties!

My two cents, NJ :)

--

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Hello, first thanks for all the hard work. I put the quick release item in the F4 slot and activated it but it seems to just activate my nightvision like my N key does.

trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

I would say its a key-binding thing. Please check if you don't have the same key applied to both functions in options.

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Hi first thank you for all the hard work i look up to this mod since the anounce of 2.0. i'm Getting this crash after the first 5 min Gameplay when it seems to load the skadovsk area
played 2.0 before and never had a crash then

xrEngine.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "G:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stalker Call of Pripyat\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:0058E12E, xrDebug::backend()+174 byte(s)

Edited by: Sargentkugel

K.E.V.L.A.R.
K.E.V.L.A.R. Сталкер
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Post the actual crashlog.

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Thank you for your quick response. sorry i had no patience Problem solved. I diddn't read the instructions correctly and overread that i need misery 2.1 beta before i can install 2.1
sorry i had to bother you

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Someone wrote: A creepy part is that you've a "bug" in ROOKIE mode for Misery 2.1 - ui_main_menu.script writes "MISERY ver. 2.1 BETA ROOKIE MODE" in the main menu, which made me shit brixx because I noticed "BETA" after few hours of gameplay. The mod itself contains game files edited in March, so it's not actually beta.

--

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Just loaded up with some ammo & that so I was off out of the main ship on map1 & I got this error =

! Cannot find saved game ~#i#:inventory_radiation.change_inv_arts_rad: inv_arts_rad= 0

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : CPHActivationShape::Create
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrPhysics\PHActivationShape.cpp
[error]Line : 177
[error]Description : _valid( start_pos )

stack trace:

( one oFf )

Edited by: subaruswift

trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

OK thx.

Is this repeatable?

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Downloaded the 2.1 full rar version, the Assaulter seems to be missing numerous ui and intro (loading screen) texture files.

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Hi! First i want to thank you for this great mod .
I have an issue whith anabiotics : it's not working .
I was hopping that was fixed so i can get "marked by the zone" achievement .
In changelog they say it's working : "- anabiotics now work properly, author: ddraig (Unoficial MISERY Patch)"
Please help! Thanks!

Edited by: raydenn26

Nyayr
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

subaruswift wrote: Just loaded up with some ammo & that so I was off out of the main ship on map1 & I got this error =

[error]Function : CPHActivationShape::Create
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrPhysics\PHActivationShape.cpp
[error]Line : 177
[error]Description : _valid( start_pos )

I've seen this bug happen when a stalker downed gets killed by a pseudo or grenade and he becomes a 'ghostly visage'. Standing with his arms and legs spread, you can walk through him, happens often with a freedom stalker (I had it about 4 times). Saving then leads to this bug, so you best go back a few saves as lowering alife does not work.

--

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

started game as sniper. gone to the vanilla start position from there, saw some dead mutants. when i tried to search them:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : xml_doc.NavigateToNode(path,index)
[error]Function      : CUIXmlInit::InitStatic
[error]File          : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\ui\UIXmlInit.cpp
[error]Line          : 156
[error]Description   : XML node not found
[error]Argument 0    : loot:form:image
[error]Argument 1    : ui\ui_itm_main.xml

misery 2.1 with russian translation instaled on the russian version of COP.

upd. well, seems russian trunslation is pretty fucked up. sad

Edited by: zussul

Alundaio
Alundaio Scripting God
Mar 19 2014 Anchor
	local con = get_console()
	if (Config.GetValue("settings","hardcore_ai_aim",1)) then
		con:execute("ai_aim_max_angle 25.0")
		con:execute("ai_aim_min_angle 20.0")
		con:execute("ai_aim_min_speed 2.50")
		con:execute("ai_aim_predict_time 0.28")
	else
		con:execute("ai_aim_max_angle 0.7854")
		con:execute("ai_aim_min_angle 0.19635")
		con:execute("ai_aim_min_speed 0.19635")
		con:execute("ai_aim_predict_time 0.44")
	end

Not sure if you guys fixed this but I looked in older beta of Misery 2.1 and found it doesn't reset to old AI Aim values if you disable hardcore AI aim. -- And why are code blocks so blurry?!

Edited by: Alundaio

--

MDT's ex-scripting god. Now deserving the title "Scripting god". Forum title given by LoNer1
trojanuch
trojanuch Gameplay lead
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

First of all - hi there alun :)

Thanks for bringing this up - we'll look into it. Question is whether we still need this selection when there is 'an easy mod' selectable on the installation (has some base AI settings tweaked on config level - mainly reaction times as they have much greater bearing than accuracy imho and do not break immersion as badly as squinting enemies). Also 'hardcore aim' has always only affected ability to compensate for the target's movement rather than anything else.

We'll thing about it. Still - gr8 thanks again.

btw - the 'Call of Chernobyl' stuff looks pretty epic :)

Alundaio
Alundaio Scripting God
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

Yes, mainly target's movement but it also their own movement. It controls how fast a stalker adjusts their sights on the target. The higher ai_aim_predict_time is, the slower stalkers move the actual gun into firing position. From there accuracy is calculated by weapon params and difficulty setting.

Edited by: Alundaio

--

MDT's ex-scripting god. Now deserving the title "Scripting god". Forum title given by LoNer1
Mar 19 2014 Anchor

I've just got a reproducable CTD after buying that metal artifactcontainer from beard and drag'n drop it on the F1 Hotkey just to see what happens.

Log:

"FATAL ERROR

[error]Function : CUICellContainer::GetCellAt
[error]File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrGame\ui\UIDragDropListEx.cpp
[error]Line : 754
[error]Description : ValidCell(pos)

stack trace:
"
(there was no stack trace , the log ends there)

Mar 19 2014 Anchor

i don't think you can hotkey things if the icon is bigger than 1x1 square (if i understood what you did correctly)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.