Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much more!

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Killing blood suckers (Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Killing blood suckers) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Aug 15 2013, 12:03pm Anchor

How am I supposed to kill them? I killed them nicely and silently in Vanilla with the shootgun or at far distance with a sniper rifle, but in Misery 2 they are:
- INIVISIBLE (not "barely visible", actually INVISIBLE, appear only if shot)
- SUPERFAST

When some of that motherf... appears I just have the time to shoot one of my shotgun bullet (for narrow distance), then I die.
I have heavy overcoat, no helmet (just the scarf).

Aug 15 2013, 12:06pm Anchor

You shoot them in the.. back.. (You know what I mean) And if you can, their eyes. Eyeshots do more damage. If there is an anomaly field nearby, run around it. And use Nightvision, it helps.

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Aug 15 2013, 12:42pm Anchor

most areas of the map have downed trees there still rooted to the ground but bent like the letter C!! you can climb atop of them! climb atop and wait! works every time for me those invisible bastards come running usually in groups of 2 or 3 they cant touch you in the trees!!!! :ninja:

Aug 15 2013, 1:02pm Anchor

You need one of 2 weapons: A shotgun (preferably with more than 2 shots. The custom spas 12 from nimble has amazing fire rate and can take out bloodsuckers and other mutants with ease) or a .45 caliber pistol with Hydroshock rounds. The custom SIG P220 "Alpine" again, from nimble, is a beast at killing any mutants after getting the 3 round burst upgrade for it. UMP45 also works wonders.

Always, ALWAYS have one of these weapons with you to defend against mutants. Also always have about 2 grenades with you.

Now, when you run into bloodsuckers you can do one of two things:
First - If there are only 1 or 2 of them just keep strafing to the left or right while they are invisible then when they appear to attack you they will miss most of the time. Turn around and shoot the shit outta them!
Second - If there are more than 2, find a rock or a car or a small tree or anything to climb on and try to take out as many as you can with grenades. Climb off to lure them into becoming visible, then jump back on when they come near and shoot them before they go invisible again.

Bonus tips:
Watch where they are when they go invisible and try to imagine where they will be running to and where they will become visible. If one went invisible in front of you he will always circle around and attack from the left or right. You have to check which direction he was going. Also, like mrmohamed2001 said, if there is an anomaly field you can lure them into it, but don't get caught in the anomalies yourself! Never try to engage them from long range as they are quick and you will probably be dead before you can even switch to a close range weapon.

Aug 15 2013, 2:16pm Anchor

OK, thank you! However my gun is the shotgun  alternate, if I remember well, unfortunately it is badly damaged (found on a dead NPC) so it often doesn't shoot and I've to reload. I guess this don't help Killing those bastards...

Aug 15 2013, 6:25pm Anchor
sergiopappalardo78 wrote:OK, thank you! However my gun is the shotgun  alternate, if I remember well, unfortunately it is badly damaged (found on a dead NPC) so it often doesn't shoot and I've to reload. I guess this don't help Killing those bastards...

Nope that will definitely be a disadvantage if it jams at a critical moment... Trust me if you save up and eventually get the spas 12 from nimble you won't be disappointed!

Aug 15 2013, 6:30pm Anchor

I kill them with the grenade launcher (rgd6 or attachment weapon) as soon as they reappears after an attack that i evaded. It works very well. The rgd6 is mandatory in Misery against enemy groups.

Aug 15 2013, 9:05pm Anchor

I killed them both in situation where I had only generic cheap shotgun available and in situation where I had nothing but couple of grenades and Desert Eagle with 10 bullets. And there was a 3rd situation too, but both idiots killed themselves by jumping into acid anomaly. So if you are with a shotgun, just keep going backwards. They will follow you and most likely try to hit from sides, but it's not every time they manage to do it. Once they appear and run after you just shoot your shotgun, very simple. If you try to go zig zag or run around they will kill you. Only backwarding and tracking their appearance.
When I had only desert eagle available, I loaded several times, first threw a grenade where the 1st bloodsucker appeared, killed him and deal with the 2nd one doing the same backwards running and shooting.

Aug 15 2013, 9:28pm Anchor
muradnabiev wrote:I killed them both in situation where I had only generic cheap shotgun available and in situation where I had nothing but couple of grenades and Desert Eagle with 10 bullets. And there was a 3rd situation too, but both idiots killed themselves by jumping into acid anomaly. So if you are with a shotgun, just keep going backwards. They will follow you and most likely try to hit from sides, but it's not every time they manage to do it. Once they appear and run after you just shoot your shotgun, very simple. If you try to go zig zag or run around they will kill you. Only backwarding and tracking their appearance.
When I had only desert eagle available, I loaded several times, first threw a grenade where the 1st bloodsucker appeared, killed him and deal with the 2nd one doing the same backwards running and shooting.

We know it can be done with weaker weapons, I was just recommending the best ones for the job. And your tactic most definitely is not the best. If you only go backwards while waiting for them to appear then yes, they will appear in front of you most of the time, but if you miss your shot in that small window then there is a bunch of bloodsuckers right in front of you while you are fumbling with your weapon. This will result in you dying and having to quicksave after killing each one until there is none left and thats no fun, is it? This tactic is good if there is only one bloodsucker and you know your weapon won't jam on you and can one or two shot kill a bloodsucker. With more than one bloodsucker you are better off strafing to the side.

Aug 15 2013, 9:44pm Anchor

move backwards and circle around slowly so that the bloodsuckers are chasing you but you can see them appear and blow them away. once you master this they're pretty easy even in confined spaces.

Aug 16 2013, 2:47am Anchor

Donwload Stiivas fix for Mutant speed. Those dogs were just too fast. Even with the fix Bloodsuckers are still fast, I don't know how fast they were without fix, because I installed it immediately after my first encounter with them dogs. That was before I saw my first Bloodsucker.
I can only tell you, that with the fix, I can easily kill them under the right circumstances: DON'T FIGHT THEM IN THE OPEN! You are dead meat from the beginning (unless you have very high armor rating).
Find a nice enclosed corridor, and you can even shoot them if you can't actually see them. Doorways can also help.

Best example: the corridor before you come into the sleeping area in the bloodsucker lair, after Grouse picked the lock. Just lob two grenades over Grouses head into the lair, take the Maveric 88 shotgun you just found on a corpse and voilà! Who needs poisonous gas?

Attention: Don't leave the little corridor after the picked lock and before the sleeping area itself. DON'T! Unless there is only one, or none of those suckers (hehe) remaining.

Hint: Grouse won't fire a single shot, he will just attempt to run away, resulting in him cuddeling the bloodsuckers. And they will also attack him before you, since he walks in front of you. However he is invincible, so you can shoot them when they are all clumped up around him.

Good hunt, Stalker!

Aug 16 2013, 6:23am Anchor
Freak_at_war wrote:Donwload Stiivas fix for Mutant speed. Those dogs were just too fast. Even with the fix Bloodsuckers are still fast, I don't know how fast they were without fix, because I installed it immediately after my first encounter with them dogs.

You pansy! This is terrible advice telling someone to mod a mod. It also disqualifies you from being able to give advice, because your slower bloodsuckers will require a different tactic from normal Misery bloodsuckers.

Freak_at_war wrote:the corridor before you come into the sleeping area in the bloodsucker lair, after Grouse picked the lock. Just lob two grenades over Grouses head into the lair, take the Maveric 88 shotgun you just found on a corpse and voilà! Who needs poisonous gas?

Using exploits like this is not really in the spirit of the mod and it breaks the immersion. If you want to take on that many bloodsuckers, would you do it if you didn't have invincible Grouse as a meat shield? Try walking through them first then killing them from the other side without any exploit. Bet you couldn't. (but I know its possible from both sides, I just don't like skipping half the quest like that.)

I do have a tip for you about the bloodsucker lair though. (Only for pansies) When you first arrive there and Grouse is waiting for you in the doorway, wait until he is done talking. After he turns around and sneaks in, go in the door and immediately to your left. Look for a rectangular shaped hole in the ground. There are 2 bloodsuckers in the room below. If you throw a grenade down there you can kill them both, making the whole quest a lot easier.

Edited by: TheSmokeyBloke

Aug 16 2013, 7:13am Anchor
TheSmokeyBloke wrote:
Freak_at_war wrote:Donwload Stiivas fix for Mutant speed. Those dogs were just too fast. Even with the fix Bloodsuckers are still fast, I don't know how fast they were without fix, because I installed it immediately after my first encounter with them dogs.

You pansy! This is terrible advice telling someone to mod a mod. It also disqualifies you from being able to give advice, because your slower bloodsuckers will require a different tactic from normal Misery bloodsuckers.

Freak_at_war wrote:the corridor before you come into the sleeping area in the bloodsucker lair, after Grouse picked the lock. Just lob two grenades over Grouses head into the lair, take the Maveric 88 shotgun you just found on a corpse and voilà! Who needs poisonous gas?

Using exploits like this is not really in the spirit of the mod and it breaks the immersion. If you want to take on that many bloodsuckers, would you do it if you didn't have invincible Grouse as a meat shield? Try walking through them first then killing them from the other side without any exploit. Bet you couldn't. (but I know its possible from both sides, I just don't like skipping half the quest like that.)

I do have a tip for you about the bloodsucker lair though. (Only for pansies) When you first arrive there and Grouse is waiting for you in the doorway, wait until he is done talking. After he turns around and sneaks in, go in the door and immediately to your left. Look for a rectangular shaped hole in the ground. There are 2 bloodsuckers in the room below. If you throw a grenade down there you can kill them both, making the whole quest a lot easier.


MISERY has a bug in which the bloodsuckers wake up just as Grouse walks through the corridor for me. So, using that tip does not make me a "pansy".

--

Thanks & Best Regards,

-Мохамед

Aug 16 2013, 1:05pm Anchor
mrmohamed2001 wrote:
TheSmokeyBloke wrote:
Freak_at_war wrote:Donwload Stiivas fix for Mutant speed. Those dogs were just too fast. Even with the fix Bloodsuckers are still fast, I don't know how fast they were without fix, because I installed it immediately after my first encounter with them dogs.

You pansy! This is terrible advice telling someone to mod a mod. It also disqualifies you from being able to give advice, because your slower bloodsuckers will require a different tactic from normal Misery bloodsuckers.

Freak_at_war wrote:the corridor before you come into the sleeping area in the bloodsucker lair, after Grouse picked the lock. Just lob two grenades over Grouses head into the lair, take the Maveric 88 shotgun you just found on a corpse and voilà! Who needs poisonous gas?

Using exploits like this is not really in the spirit of the mod and it breaks the immersion. If you want to take on that many bloodsuckers, would you do it if you didn't have invincible Grouse as a meat shield? Try walking through them first then killing them from the other side without any exploit. Bet you couldn't. (but I know its possible from both sides, I just don't like skipping half the quest like that.)

I do have a tip for you about the bloodsucker lair though. (Only for pansies) When you first arrive there and Grouse is waiting for you in the doorway, wait until he is done talking. After he turns around and sneaks in, go in the door and immediately to your left. Look for a rectangular shaped hole in the ground. There are 2 bloodsuckers in the room below. If you throw a grenade down there you can kill them both, making the whole quest a lot easier.


MISERY has a bug in which the bloodsuckers wake up just as Grouse walks through the corridor for me. So, using that tip does not make me a "pansy".


Well no obviously not if its bugged and you have no other choice... But when you do it just because its the easy way to complete the quest.

Aug 29 2013, 1:03am Anchor
TheSmokeyBloke wrote:
Freak_at_war wrote:Donwload Stiivas fix for Mutant speed. Those dogs were just too fast. Even with the fix Bloodsuckers are still fast, I don't know how fast they were without fix, because I installed it immediately after my first encounter with them dogs.

You pansy! This is terrible advice telling someone to mod a mod. It also disqualifies you from being able to give advice, because your slower bloodsuckers will require a different tactic from normal Misery bloodsuckers.


I hope that's sarcasm. 
Oh and a good way to take out the bloodsucker lair is to plant a string of ieds that go off upon being shot, and then a proximity based one on the top of the stairs. Then you fire your gun into the air. Then collect dozens of bloodsucker faces as you marvel at the carnage.

Aug 29 2013, 4:19am Anchor
tarlzthe14th wrote:I hope that's sarcasm. 
Oh and a good way to take out the bloodsucker lair is to plant a string of ieds that go off upon being shot, and then a proximity based one on the top of the stairs. Then you fire your gun into the air. Then collect dozens of bloodsucker faces as you marvel at the carnage.

You're joking, right?

First of all, if you can't handle Misery without modding it to be easier, you most certainly are a pansy. Misery is not hard. Look around on the forum and you will find a bunch of "Is Misery too easy?" posts. Why? Because some of us have been playing STALKER for years and we are not noobs who have just heard of the Misery mod and we are doing our very first playthrough of STALKER with Misery installed. So no, I wasn't being sarcastic.

And secondly, reeeeally? A STRING of IEDs? How much do you suppose that would cost? I'm assuming a string to be at least 3 to 5 of them, which is just ridiculous. You could buy a whole new gun or suit for the money you would get if you sold the IEDs instead. Also, if you destroy the bloodsuckers early, you don't get a quest reward for telling beard about the lair. You only get a reward for destroying it, so again you are making less money just for some mutant parts. (which you could collect anyway after gassing the place, like you should. You just need some toxicity protection to go down there.)

If you still want to destroy it early the easiest way is to place a proximity IED at the top of the stairs, then throw 2 grenades down. Then greet whatever survives those with a shotgun to the face. Should only be 1 or 2 of them left. Even that method is barely profitable because 1 IED and 2 grenades is still pretty expensive. You could get those mutant parts for free AND get more quest reward for actually telling beard about the lair first AND save some money on IED costs by doing the quest like you should.

Aug 30 2013, 12:01am Anchor

Just because you have "been playing STALKER for years" doesn't mean you have to be smug about it. Everyone can play this mod in anyway they want, and can mod it to anyway they want, no need for judgement. Everyone on here has every right to advice on here just as you are, so step off that high horse please.

So the guy suggested a mod tweak? Big fucking whoop, no need to resort to name calling here.

Edited by: Duffman3005

Aug 30 2013, 12:50am Anchor

I always found that saiga and the rocks are your best friends, run to the nearest one and unloado n him, if he doesnt seem to bait, step down from the rock till you hear panting and so on, time it right, get up back on itand unload on him the shooter you have, aim for the head or the spine, should be easy enough cuz blooders bump into rocks and become visible for a moment

As for the bloodsucker lair, again - saiga, if you want to kill them all individually, when you go through the narrow coridor with the locksmith guy, throw a grenade in the midst of blooders, you will probably kill 2 or os, then take out saiga and wait in the coridor, they get stuck trying to pass you, and dont seem to attack or do it rarely, just shoot them blank in the face while theyre stuck trying to pass you and youre done, you can take their parts sell them, tell beard u destroyed the lair and reveice rubles

Aug 30 2013, 9:00am Anchor
Duffman3005 wrote:Just because you have "been playing STALKER for years" doesn't mean you have to be smug about it. Everyone can play this mod in anyway they want, and can mod it to anyway they want, no need for judgement. Everyone on here has every right to advice on here just as you are, so step off that high horse please.

So the guy suggested a mod tweak? Big fucking whoop, no need to resort to name calling here.


Suggesting the tweak isn't the problem. He told the OP to deal with bloodsuckers the same way he does while using the tweak. Obviously if OP isn't using the pansy tweak then the same strategy won't work for him. I was just explaining some strategies on how to deal with bloodsuckers that are functioning like intended.

Aug 30 2013, 11:00am Anchor
Str8Z wrote:I kill them with the grenade launcher (rgd6 or attachment weapon) as soon as they reappears after an attack that i evaded. It works very well. The rgd6 is mandatory in Misery against enemy groups.


Lol, so you admit that you noobtube your way through Misery? No wonder people complain this mod is too easy...

Aug 31 2013, 5:36am Anchor

What's the problem with the intended weapons against their intended targets, bro ??? If you're not using them, you're going yourself into trouble ! They serve a PURPOSE in the mod. Chimeras can be killed by rpg like intented, swarm with rg, etc. 

Please keep your "noobtube" words for others, ok ? It's not COD here.

Edited by: Str8Z

Aug 31 2013, 7:26am Anchor

I found that the protecta work wonder against them as a sniper. I found a saiga early on in my short 2.0 run as an assaulter, and they did short work of them, too. move, keep moving, look everywhere, srafe when they come near, and shoot them in the face with an high caliber weapon. End of problem.

Aug 31 2013, 12:30pm Anchor

Are you guys honestly criticizing how people are playing a fucking single player game? It's their copy of the game on their computer, and has literally zero bearing on you or the mod's creators. If you can't handle that, go outside.

Aug 31 2013, 1:11pm Anchor

Yes, because today's gamers need to man the fuck up when something challenging is thrown their way. I'm tired of the watered down hand holding  bullshit in today's games. Nut up or shut up! :P

Edited by: Whargoul85

Aug 31 2013, 2:36pm Anchor

If it´s just one or two bloodsuckers...chase them. They´ll try to run away from you, won´t attack and when you get close enough, they´re not invisible anymore. If you´re suit can take 1 or 2 hits, you can even knife them this way.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.