Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much more!

Forum Thread
by member
Bugs with "MISERY" + "Patch 2" installed (Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Bugs with "MISERY" + "Patch 2" installed) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Apr 28 2013, 8:23am Anchor
TheLoneStalker wrote:Tough it may have been reported, the Mitay bug (Hostage mission on bandit base) its just unfixable with save loading at least. The guy will gt to certain poit, stay in a corner, go back and forth.. He even took my gun from my hands lol.

Have you tried just going back to the station and finishing the quest, during an episode of OCedmytoaster's playtrough one of the commentators mentioned that if you finish the quest by talking to Grizzly, Mitay will show up in the station.

May 4 2013, 8:31pm Anchor

I don't really know if this is patch 2 but Garry turns unfriendly when we travel to yanov station and I cant get back to pripyat because I cant talk to him.

Jul 31 2013, 3:18pm Anchor

I have numerous bugs to report:

-When attempting to switch class, the screen is a buggy purple color with discolorations on the page, and options are displayed strangely.

-Using the crouch stance indicator doesn't work after enabling it in the options (I don't think there is one but there is some option about crouching and standing in the options, and if it is in fact what I think it is, it doesn't work).
-The flashlight only stays on for a fraction of a second, then immediately turns off. I tried holding down the button, remapping it, checking to see if my keys were stuck, and ended up having to spam the button to see anything because both ways of entering the zone have you in pitch blackness.
-The gasmask on the recon soldier cannot be seen out of and emits an overlay of complete purple, atleast it does this in the darkness, example the beginning of the game, Enter the Zone.
-The trees are "crystallized" in shape and are purple.
-The recon weapon "Scorpion V6z" that you start with is invisible in the inventory screen.
-USS rations are also invisible, and well as the USS identification card.

This all happened within 5 minutes of starting the game. I can't get any further than that. I don't know if it's my game or what, but I will say that I uninstalled STALKER on July 8th, waiting for this. I hunted down all the files Steam leaves behind and removed them, letting for a clean install that happened today. I selected the Steam option for installing, and it appeared to do so successfully. My STALKER version is up-to-date.

Watching the gameplay teaser all the way back from last freaking year, I just don't know where it could have went to get to this point. I appreciate all the work the mod team did, I do, but with all the work they did I did not expect a release with these kinds of bugs, and would have liked a warning. Usually things that have this much hype around them don't turn out to need this much testing, with the constant purple screens, invisible items, messed up models and mechanics... and I don't even know if it's something I'M doing wrong or not, and would have no idea how to fix if it was. Looking on this page it seems either everyone either doesn't use Steam, or isn't getting these bugs. I don't know how you got past the first part of the game. Pitch black without a working flashlight (tried upping the brightness, btw), no direction at the waste-processing plant where they all KOS you before you can even see them.

WTF is going on??? 

Jul 31 2013, 6:03pm Anchor

Justaboredgamer - this thread is old and is for the Version 1.2 :P

For the flashlight it's doing that because you don't have a headlamp, to use a flashlight you need to put it in your artefact detector slot and then pull it out via the detector key.

For a lot of the other things, the mod seems to be having some sort of issues with your PC, or that you installed it incorrectly as I have no real sort of issue with textures beyond some item in Beard's room with an item that turns pink at a certain distance.

Edited by: bwc153

Jul 31 2013, 8:48pm Anchor

After I installed patch 2, I get the xray engine crash every time I start the game.

Aug 1 2013, 5:14am Anchor

[edit]
sorry, wrong thread
[/edit]

Edited by: doctrine

Aug 2 2013, 11:22am Anchor

Has anyone else had issues with military medkits? I've just tried to buy some from Beard and Owl and they just disappeared.

justaboredgamer wrote:I have numerous bugs to report:

-When attempting to switch class, the screen is a buggy purple color with discolorations on the page, and options are displayed strangely.

-Using the crouch stance indicator doesn't work after enabling it in the options (I don't think there is one but there is some option about crouching and standing in the options, and if it is in fact what I think it is, it doesn't work).
-The flashlight only stays on for a fraction of a second, then immediately turns off. I tried holding down the button, remapping it, checking to see if my keys were stuck, and ended up having to spam the button to see anything because both ways of entering the zone have you in pitch blackness.
-The gasmask on the recon soldier cannot be seen out of and emits an overlay of complete purple, atleast it does this in the darkness, example the beginning of the game, Enter the Zone.
-The trees are "crystallized" in shape and are purple.
-The recon weapon "Scorpion V6z" that you start with is invisible in the inventory screen.
-USS rations are also invisible, and well as the USS identification card.

This all happened within 5 minutes of starting the game. I can't get any further than that. I don't know if it's my game or what, but I will say that I uninstalled STALKER on July 8th, waiting for this. I hunted down all the files Steam leaves behind and removed them, letting for a clean install that happened today. I selected the Steam option for installing, and it appeared to do so successfully. My STALKER version is up-to-date.

Watching the gameplay teaser all the way back from last freaking year, I just don't know where it could have went to get to this point. I appreciate all the work the mod team did, I do, but with all the work they did I did not expect a release with these kinds of bugs, and would have liked a warning. Usually things that have this much hype around them don't turn out to need this much testing, with the constant purple screens, invisible items, messed up models and mechanics... and I don't even know if it's something I'M doing wrong or not, and would have no idea how to fix if it was. Looking on this page it seems either everyone either doesn't use Steam, or isn't getting these bugs. I don't know how you got past the first part of the game. Pitch black without a working flashlight (tried upping the brightness, btw), no direction at the waste-processing plant where they all KOS you before you can even see them.

WTF is going on??? 

You need to install the textures from the 2nd folder.

loner85
loner85 Feedback Artist!
Aug 2 2013, 11:28am Anchor

That is the solution of 95 percent of the things "justaboredgamer" wrote. For the not working flashlight: You have to buy the headlamp first, during that time you have to stay with the wind-up flashlight.

--

Due to continuing support for the MISERY mod, you've been granted this signature!

True Zone [PROJECTS]

Aug 2 2013, 8:48pm Anchor

JustaboredYou don't have the textures....Drag and drop the textures folder into your gamedata folder.

Edited by: gansch

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.