Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
by member
Bugs with "MISERY" + "Patch 2" installed (Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Bugs with "MISERY" + "Patch 2" installed) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Dec 24 2012, 2:34pm Anchor
  • SKS scope upgrade neither adds an integrated scope nor allows you to mount any scopes on the rifle.
  • MK14 DMR description states that it has been modified to accept a silencer, and the game contains a silencer in the appropriate caliber, but it cannot be attached to the M14 DMR. This an oversight either in the description text or in the coding.
  • IMI Galil uses a silencer of the wrong caliber.
  • The back room at the Checkpoint in Jupiter no longer provides shelter against an emission. It is fully enclosed with no windows and in fact has a closing door, and as I recall the bandits who populate the checkpoint normally take shelter there.

One other note that is not exactly a bug but perhaps a balance issue: aside from not taking a silencer the IMI Galil is superior to the FN FAL Paratrooper across the board in literally every stat.

Edited by: Lead_poisoning

Dec 28 2012, 9:40am Anchor

o_scientific_outfit_up.ltx is missing "health_restore_speed = 0.0006" causing the restore health upgrade to not work on the SEVA suit.

damjancd
damjancd Cornucopia
Jan 2 2013, 6:12am Anchor

A few I found rummaging around Misery 1.2 that I can remember right now

• Bombs are sold for excellent unbalanced prices to stalkers and bandits. Don't know if its unbalanced or prices should vary that much. In and around Skadovsk
  • You can kill bandits and stalkers while they are walking to and from the base in Skadovsk (evading an emission etc), then you can't buy or sell from anyone in the base because they are your enemies (the dot is red). (EDIT: While inside the boat of Skadovsk)
  • If you drop most of your weapons, you can run indefinitely, outrun any mutant etc. Not sure if its a bug.
  • When you walk over fire with your basic undroppable knife, it drops from your hand, and you still have it in inventory, but you can't use it. This might be the same problem people are having when a Buhrer takes their knife, same symptoms anyway.

Edited by: damjancd

Jan 7 2013, 12:33am Anchor

Not really a bug but rather a unbalanced part of gameplay.

There a tools located at the Sawmill. I went to get them and only killed a few zeds in the process before grabbing the tools and getting the hell out of dodge.
I guess in Vanilla if you get the tools without killing all the zeds at the sawmill, zombie spawn rate increases dramatically. This doesn't fit for MISERY. Ammunition is low and Zeds are very tough. No one in their right mind would try to take on the whole sawmill. But if you don't kill all the zeds they spawn all over the place.

Every time I go to Zaton, there are literally hordes of zeds all over nearly all the time. Packs of six or more aren't uncommon. Groups of 2 and three and very very common. NPC stalkers can't really fight them reliably either. While I like killing difficult enemies, the amount of them is dumb. I am not sure if you guys could change this, but please consider it.

Difficulty is good, but this is kind of frustrating and immersion breaking.

Jan 7 2013, 2:16pm Anchor

Don't know if it's a bug but the AKS-74 cobra has incridibly low dammage compared to my AKS-74U.
Fix: in the ltx file of the AKS-74U Cobra there are two values with the same name: hit_power.
In front of the one which say 0.31, type: silencer_ so it's named silencer_hit_power and that's all

Edited by: Bacab

Jan 9 2013, 1:43pm Anchor

I pretty sure this is a bug:

• Unloading a weapon, ammo disappears, save for a few bullets.

and if it's not a bug, well then that's just silly, why would my ammo disappear? Is the USS officer so hap-handed that he just drops the ammo when unloading?

Jan 20 2013, 7:50am Anchor

Its a really hard problem some of the scopes are impossible to aim because you can´t see the cors

Jan 21 2013, 11:18pm Anchor

I encountered the following glitches with Patch 2 installed:

1. Missing Stalker Mission

• When I went into the unlocked shack at the end of the mission, Grouse's body was missing from the table and was nowhere to be found.
  • Even though Grouse's body wasn't there, Tremor still stood over the table as if it were.

2. Transaction Mission

• When I met up with Spartacus and his squad outside the Ranger Station, he did not register as the leader of his squad. Instead, one of the generic Stalkers in his squad registered as the star icon on the minimap.
  • When moving to the shack that triggers the eavesdropping cutscene between Morgan and the bandits, Spartacus's squad frequently gets into a fight with the bandits guarding the door instead of remaining out of sight. This causes the cutscene between Morgan and the bandits to not trigger and the objective jumps directly to killing Morgan.
  • The cutscene between Morgan and the bandits is extremely buggy even if you reach the shack without alerting the bandits. Instead of everyone standing still during the cutscene, some of the bandits at the deal register the mercenaries as enemies and attack them. Other times, the bandits are able to detect Spartacus's squad during the cutscene and will leave to attack them.
  • As in the vanilla version, the game directs you to talk to the squad leader (Spartacus) for your reward. Although you properly receive the reward from Spartacus if he survived the raid, the earlier bug of him not being registered as the leader of the squad comes back. When you speak to Spartacus after receiving your reward, he starts behaving like a follower and simply directs you to talk to a generic Stalker in the squad that has been registered as the leader instead of him.

3. Crashes Associated with NPC Followers

• After saving Petruha, I had the ability to ask him and Awl to accompany me. To keep them from dying in the Zone, I led them to an empty room in the Ranger Station and ordered them to wait and guard the place. I made a save immediately afterwards and whenever I tried to load that save, the game would crash to the desktop when the load was complete and I was prompted to hit any key to continue. The same thing happened when I asked them to wait and guard an empty part of the Shevchenko.
  • The same problem occured when I loaded a save I made after asking the former Monolith members to accompany me.

4. Intermitten Psy-Emissions

• After killing the Controller, I was unable to talk to Topol or any of his squadmates because they began running around the tunnel with their weapons raised as if there were still enemies present when there clearly was not. Saving and reloading did not put them back into a passive state. Eventually, they left the tunnel and began fighting with the zombies in Kopachi where they were quickly killed.

Edited by: notmarksj

Jan 28 2013, 4:27pm Anchor

2 things i think that are broke:

- the M14 DMR (referred to as m21 in the config-files) can't use a silencer as mentioned in the desciption. tried to mod it in by myself, but as soon as i equip the rifle, game crashes.
colud you please provide a .ltx-file which makes correct use of the silencer?

- the TRG42, mentioned in the weapon appendix, seems not to be in the game. searched for it in the files, searched for the ammo it uses, to no effect.
was it simply forgotten? where is this sniper-rifle?

edit:
- i was accompanied by a bunch of freedom and stalker units (follow me). as i chose the option to dismiss them, the game crashed.
happened only once by now. perhaps if there is more than one group under your command something gets messy?

Edited by: punkerich75

Feb 2 2013, 12:58am Anchor

- Artifacts not showing up after extra scanners installed at sites.

Using the upgraded detector, artifacts no longer show up. The scanners on the PDA say something like "Artifact detected:" then nothing else - where as it used to show which artifacts were at the site. When you run around the site no artifacts show up on the detectors screen or in the water - they dont seem to be spawning.

I ran around the whole of the start area just after an emission and not one artifact was found in any of the sites.

I did find one artifact that showed up on the scanners as usual - I forget what it was - perhaps the +3 electricity one at the parking lot. Thats it.

I maaaaay have contributed to this bug by attempting to install the show headtorch/remove head torch script. However, I have uninstalled that script, and completely uninstalled Misery Mod and reinstalled it with no help. Rolling back to a previous save does not seem to change anything either.

I started a new game and he seems to be able to detect artifacts with the very basic scanner but not sure if it will work once I play through to get the advanced scanners.

Not using the steam version. No other mods.

Cheers,
Mick

Spetsnaz_Reaper
Spetsnaz_Reaper The Russian
Feb 2 2013, 9:23am Anchor

Guys before posting any more "bugs" about weapons please take a moment to read through the weapons appendix for Misery Version 2.0, before you complain about this or taht weapon damage being too low or not being able to add silencers, etc. The weapons appendix had a lot of work go into it so it would be good if you guys could read through it first to get an idea of how weapons will be and react in Misery 2.0.

Moddb.com

--

Any Mission, any Time, any Place!

Feb 2 2013, 9:30am Anchor

Well, that is exactly what i wrote. There are some differents to what the Appendix says and to what the wep's are capable of ingame.
And the .300 Magnum caliber Sniper Rifle seems not to be in the game at all, according to the config files...
one should take a silencer, which it doesn't. one should take a grenade launcher, which it doesn't.

- it is o.k. to cut the rewards on some quests by half, but it seems the text's weren't edited.
i always get half the money they promise to give (selling pda's for example)

Edited by: punkerich75

Feb 2 2013, 12:46pm Anchor

The appendix refers to the upcoming version 2.0, not 1.2

N.Aaroe
N.Aaroe MDT Lead
Feb 2 2013, 12:47pm Anchor

punkerich75 wrote:Well, that is exactly what i wrote. There are some differents to what the Appendix says and to what the wep's are capable of ingame.
And the .300 Magnum caliber Sniper Rifle seems not to be in the game at all, according to the config files...
one should take a silencer, which it doesn't. one should take a grenade launcher, which it doesn't.

- it is o.k. to cut the rewards on some quests by half, but it seems the text's weren't edited.
i always get half the money they promise to give (selling pda's for example)

The released Weapon Appendix refers to MISERY 2.0 and NOT MISERY 1.1.
This is stated several places. So, please don't compare the two like you are here.
I.e. the .300 Magnum rifle is only featured in MISERY 2.0.

Edited by: N.Aaroe

--

Feb 2 2013, 1:50pm Anchor

sorry, my fault.
somehow missed the fact that the appendix is referring to 2.0.
btw, you're doin' a great job here. this is what stalker was meant to be.
would be so f...... cool to get something like stalker 3.0, out of a mod.
i wish i had the knowledge to assist in some way...

Feb 3 2013, 7:12am Anchor

But I still didn´t manage to find a single AEK-973, even in version 1.2 :D it was certainly included in 1.0 and could be bought from hawaiian, but with the last patch it seems it can´t be aquired anywhere,not even in freeplay :/

Feb 9 2013, 10:47am Anchor

Sniper version (maybe the other versions too)
Crash:
w_famas3 : silencer addon
w_aug : can't use at all
w_gsh18 : silencer addon

general problem (no crash):
w_rpg7 : no addon
w_rg6 : no addon
w_k98 : no scope permanent addon , no live detector, no night vision
w_m1891 : no scope permanent addon , no live detector, no night vision
w_sks : no scope permanent addon , no live detector, no night vision
w_famas3 : no scope permanent addon, no hig contrast optic, can't aim or don't see anything
w_obrez : no scope permanent addon, no hig contrast optic, no live detector, no night vision
hope it is useful :D

Edited by: jkp690

Feb 18 2013, 1:03am Anchor

I encountered some more bugs as I was playing:

• The PSS-2x scope turns into an ordinary PSO-1 scope when placed in storage.

• The cutscene in which you speak with USS Command in Pripyat does not have English subtitles. Additionally, because the cutscene uses pre-rendered slides, Strelok has his original clean-shaven appearance which conflicts with the bearded look the mod gave him in-game.
  • The document "Notebook w/ Description of an Experiment" incorrectly has the Mossberg 500 as its icon on the inventory screen.
  • NPCs traveling with you will start attacking each other if they have incidents of friendly fire.

Apr 14 2013, 5:08pm Anchor
notmarksj wrote:

• The PSS-2x scope turns into an ordinary PSO-1 scope when placed in storage.

That's a vanilla bug it happens when you load a save game with a special scope still attached to a weapon.

notmarksj wrote:

• Additionally, because the cutscene uses pre-rendered slides, Strelok has his original clean-shaven appearance which conflicts with the bearded look the mod gave him in-game.
  • The document "Notebook w/ Description of an Experiment" incorrectly has the Mossberg 500 as its icon on the inventory screen.
  • NPCs traveling with you will start attacking each other if they have incidents of friendly fire.

I would get angry and homicidal if someone shot me too :P.

Apr 15 2013, 4:54pm Anchor

+1 for the unusual circumstances with the Strelok faction stashes, 2/3 are fine, then number 3 below the water towers is always empty.
Gsh supressor upgrade, just ignore it, it can be suppressed without the upgrade.
UMP 45 takes a 9mm suppressor
Galil takes 5.45x39mm suppressor
.45 calibre suppressor isn't labeled as such, it's something like 1134x25 or something crazy like that.
don't remember using high contrast optics with NVG's in vanilla, but i'm pretty sure you should still be able to see something downrange.
I won't mention reticule contrasts, because i'm waiting to see the new sight pictures with 2.0.
as far as ammunition goes, LURK did OK with addition of 7.62x25 rounds for TT-33 and PPsH.
I'm sure there's more, but most of the ones i think of have already been mentioned.

Apr 17 2013, 5:56am Anchor

gamebreaking bug! whenever i try to talk to sultan in skadovsk, the dialogue box wont open and it wont give me the option to even get the quests.the "press f to talk" tip wont even appear. when i first got to the skadovsk, i went straight to owl, beard, and other stalkers. if i have killed a bunch of bandits does that make it impossible to get the quests?

Apr 18 2013, 1:00am Anchor

@Lordofcaketown

The .45 suppression is named with Millimeters as the measurement, fits in with how the shotguns are done (or were done, I dont used Shotguns in MISERY, the last time i used them was with SoC)

So the .45 Cal suppressor is correct, its just that the suppressor is a 'Russian made' one so to say

loner85
loner85 Feedback Artist!
Apr 22 2013, 11:54am Anchor

Yea, like WolveNZ said, look up .45 on wikipedia or something :) The metric designation is 11.43x23 mm. Not every ammo is designated as you are used to it in STALKER...it is either the metric or american designation for it.

--

Due to continuing support for the MISERY mod, you've been granted this signature!

True Zone [PROJECTS]

Apr 23 2013, 2:11am Anchor

nah, had me puzzled for a moment, much like good old 7.62x63.

Apr 27 2013, 8:54pm Anchor

Tough it may have been reported, the Mitay bug (Hostage mission on bandit base) its just unfixable with save loading at least. The guy will gt to certain poit, stay in a corner, go back and forth.. He even took my gun from my hands lol.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.