Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
Absolute Nature 4 (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : Absolute Nature 4) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 14 2016 Anchor

Link to Absolute Nature 4 ---> Moddb.com

I'm probably very late to the party, but I've been playing Misery 2.1 with Absolute Nature 4 and am really enjoying it. For folks that are waiting for 2.2 it may give a new twist to the mod and be a taste of things to come.

For those that haven't tried it, it'll install over Misery 2.1 without requiring a new game. You can choose your preferred level of environmental damage from lush to Misery

I chose the default settings, which are much greener than Misery and it makes the game harder. My view is blocked more by vegetation. The first time I ventured out of Yanov station after installing I even had a bit of the fear factor again because things seemed unfamiliar. A minute later I was mauled to death by pseudodogs that I hadn't see coming for all the underbrush. Reloaded and 5 minutes later some well camouflaged bandits sniped me from a newly sprouted thicket of trees. A truly miserable experience.

I haven't explored enough to see how Pripyat or the Jupiter factories have changed but I'm sure I'll be more hesitant than usual when I get there.

Also, some of the additional trees have messed up my tried and trusted sight lines encouraging me to change my habits.

Eagerly awaiting 2.2, but in your own time fellas. It'll be worth the wait, and I'm still having a blast in 2.1.1.

Edited by: DogMagnet

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Nov 14 2016 Anchor

You may find some stashes are missing/misplaced/unreachable, some fixtures such as rocks are invisible when viewed from some angles, and kills which fall into water IIRC can cause CTD's or problems. There are still a few kinks we are finding during 2.2 beta testing, but it is a very welcome addition. Leaving grass turned up can have a very detrimental performance effect if you have sun shadows turned on, especially at higher resolutions. Even a SLI configuration using GTX 1080's suffers considerably at UHD 2160P.

Besides the extra vegetation, the biggest benefit IMO is the problematic trees in Zaton which killed performance in some locales are gone now.

Nov 14 2016 Anchor

I'll pay more attention to CTDs -- there have been a couple but I hadn't attributed it to AN4. And invisible rocks? I'll look(?) out for those.

Performance-wise, Misery has never been that great for me, but also never much of a problem either. I hadn't noticed a change.

When 2.2 comes out I'll probably at least try installing AN4 over it to have a greener zone. Maybe in Misery 3 we can have an option at install :-)

Thanks Jasper, swift and knowledgeable as always!

jasper34
jasper34 MISERY PR Lead
Nov 14 2016 Anchor

Once Cromm irons out the minor glitches, it should be possible for players to choose a non-Misery skin for the mod. The files are too big to include the whole lot in the 2.2 installer. It is big enough as it is ;)

If you notice any irregularities, why don't you post them here. I will keep tabs and can look for them in 2.2 as well.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.