Full concept MODIFICATION of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat that touches every game aspect including textures, sfx, music, weapons, A.I., items, weather, mutants, difficulty and much much more!

Forum Thread
10 suggestions or less. (Games : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat : Mods : MISERY : Forum : General subjects : 10 suggestions or less.) Locked
Thread Options
Aug 2 2015 Anchor

1. SKAT-9M armored suit, the Bulat suits successor.

2. Radsuit's without the exo-equipment.

3. Faster pseudogiants, for some odd reason they're quite slow and I've found myself able to outrun them.

4. 5.56 Black-tip ammo and 5.56 green-tip ammo. Screw American illegality, this is Ukraine.

5. Hollowpoints!

6. New additions of helmets and suits, like the strange ones you see other STALKER's wearing, with the Metro 2033 helmets. You guys know what I'm talking about, right?

7. More revolvers, more calibers. Not sure if it's impossible to add a .44 magnum or .454 casull revolver, but who doesn't love a hand-cannon?

8. Izloms and Karliks, not sure how possible the addition of cut content is unless the files exist to work off of, but there's always hope to have, right?

9. A .50 BMG rifle like the KSVK or the barret M107. Why not, right?

10. Updated third-person, that actually shows the sphere-08 or your gasmask when you're wearing something like the CS-3A armor.

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Aug 2 2015 Anchor

No. 2. - There already is red and green scientific suits for anomaly searching. Few helmets provides more than decent radioactive protection too and can be used with almost any other suit in combination. There is also infamous SEVA suit. Have you think on anything else that should be in zone ?

No.3. - Pseudogigants are heavy beasts, that is reason why they are slow, however, their stomps attack can damage you over large distances. You can outrun almost anything but dogs. I think it will be too much if you can't esceape from pseudogigant. Lot of things was made trough gamebalancing to encourage players to move, to not stay in one place and shoot until all enemies in sigts are dead. Slow pseudogigant is just one part of that feature.

No.4. - What are those black and green tip ammo ? Not everybody can have assault rifle in their home and can buy any ammo type for home protection in real life :) Are those special armour piercing round with hard tips and phosphorus rounds or filled with some other chemicals ?

No.5. There already is HP rounds for some weapons in game. Not for all weapons, though.

No.8. Izloms and Karliks - already in game, probably you haven't play long enough to encounter them. There were problems with CTD when those beasts are in area in combination with other NPCs around, but that should be fixed in upcoming update.

No.10. - Already included to good degree - mp5lng have put that for upcoming update.

For the rest, that i haven't mention, some of this will be included in The Armoured Zone addition or TAZ in short. It includes plenty of additional weapons that does not come with vanilla Misery mod. Possible some suits and helmets too. There will not be too many new items in game in upcoming patch. It is more bugfixes and game optimization/balance with some other new features that I'm not alowed to tell yet. At this point of development there will be no new items/weapons than those already anounced because you guys will be waiting for new release for way too long.

But your suggestions are motivations for further updates after 2.2 release.

--

Aug 2 2015 Anchor

First off I'd really like to thank you in advance for your input and clarification on some of my idea's, it's awesome how you guys are so interactive with the community. :)

Black tip 5.56 ammunition is essentially armor piercing ammo, it's made of tungsten and it won't expand/fragment so it's not good for tissue. While your standard m855 is considered armor piercing, it's actually just enhanced AP. Black Tip ammo is actually quite uncommon to get your hands on, and they're meant to penetrate vehicles, windshields, and most body armor, all-in-all, they're pretty nasty rounds. Also is illegal in some calibers like 7.62x51mm and such in America.

Green-tips are a whole other controversial story, which has led to them being illegal in most states, I believe. Green-tips are the aforementioned M855 ammunition, a result of a ton of american controversy on whether or not they're armor piercing, I'm not entirely sure, but either way, they can be pretty nasty, and again, either way, I'm pretty sure they have enhanced penetration on regular body armor.

As for any other suits that should be in the Zone? Maybe, perhaps there could be a use for body armor used in the modern military if you could find a way to make those into actual suits, such as the U.S. marines MTV vests or interceptor body armor. Or the infamous Russian 6b43 vests that the Russian spetsnaz and Russian troops flashed in their Ukrainian involvements, which are supposedly highly superior to American body armor

kcs123
kcs123 Just Kcs123
Aug 3 2015 Anchor

For 2.2, there will be no new armour, but there is new armour concept that will force you to try different suits until you find one that suits best your gameplay style. It is preparation for new suits/helmets that could be added in game in future.

What exatly will be added into game and what not it is too early to tell anything about it. In last released verions of mod, even in vanilla game, players mostly use suit that you got at begining until have enough money to buy exosceleton or SEVA. Maybe some helmets were bought between. Now, in 2.2 each existing suit will be somehow "unique" in their properties in terms of weight, bullet protection, enviroment protection and stealth. For some players it will still be best bullet protection suit, but others may found better suits that offer less bulet protection but with more probability that you will not be hit by bullet at all.

New bullet type is not planed for 2.2, but with some new features are planed for future releases, it is hard to tell what will or what not be included in future releases.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.