Are you a fan of Dawn of War's single player, but find yourself bored by the repetitive grind of most of the Soulstorm campaign? Are you looking for a more narrative experience than endless skirmish missions when playing as one of the many race mods available? If the answer to either of the above questions is yes, then this mod will be of interest to you. The Soulstorm: Strongholds mod unlocks all sixteen Dark Crusade and Soulstorm stronghold maps, allowing you to play them directly from the skirmish menu - cutscenes, objectives and all. More than that, though, it allows you to play using one of the many race mods currently available, in addition to the nine included with Soulstorm. As an added treat, there are also three special bonus missions - "Mannheim Bay", "The Suratha Precinct" and "The Lands of Eternity". Download and enjoy. :)
Sorry about the long wait, but v1.11 of the Strongholds mod is finally here. As well as the usual raft of bugfixes and minor enhancements, this patch also includes two remixed Soulstorm missions featuring the Steel Legion and Black Templars as antagonists, and finally updates support for the Tyranids mod to v0.5b2.
To install Soulstorm: Strongholds v1.11, extract the contents of stronghold_missions_ss_v1_11.zip to your Soulstorm root directory, merging folders and overwriting files when prompted. Ensure that you already have v1.10 installed before you begin.
CHANGES IN V1.11
- Included full support for v0.5b2 (i.e. the most recent version) of the Tyranids mod.
- The Witch Hunters now use the dialogue box texture from the Sisters of Battle UI.
- Fixed a Fatal Scar Error on the Or'es Tash'n mission that occurs during the opening cutscene when playing as the Steel Legion.
- Fixed a Fatal Scar Error that occurred on Mannheim Bay and Victory Bay when the player builds a Thermo Plasma Generator.
- Fixed a parsing error with the UCS file that may have prevented text from displaying correctly.
- Fixed a bug on Mannheim Bay that sometimes prevented your units from moving when given certain orders, such as capturing, attacking and building.
- Added two new re-worked versions of existing Soulstorm missions: The Suratha Precinct and the Lands of Eternity.
- Once again, added more dialogue to various missions for some of those races that did not yet have it enabled.
- Made many changes to the Tau textures: (1) added a new team colour for Fal'shia to reflect the scheme in the latest Codex: Tau Empire, (2) changed the T'au Sept banner to reflect the new version of the symbol from the latest Codex: Tau Empire, (3) added the non-team colourable Kroot textures, (4) used badges to properly differentiate visually between loyalist and Farsight Enclave troops.
- Added new, more detailed character portraits for various races to be used with mission dialogue.
- Cleared the skirmish menu of unused scenarios, team colours and win conditions (although any custom ones that a player has downloaded/created may still be present).