Are you a fan of Dawn of War's single player, but find yourself bored by the repetitive grind of most of the Soulstorm campaign? Are you looking for a more narrative experience than endless skirmish missions when playing as one of the many race mods available? If the answer to either of the above questions is yes, then this mod will be of interest to you. The Soulstorm: Strongholds mod unlocks all sixteen Dark Crusade and Soulstorm stronghold maps, allowing you to play them directly from the skirmish menu - cutscenes, objectives and all. More than that, though, it allows you to play using one of the many race mods currently available, in addition to the nine included with Soulstorm. As an added treat, there are also three special bonus missions - "Mannheim Bay", "The Suratha Precinct" and "The Lands of Eternity". Download and enjoy. :)
Version 1.10 sees the Salamanders mod added to Soulstorm: Strongholds, plus a host of other bugfixes and general improvements. Ensure you remove any previous versions of Soulstorm: Strongholds before installing v1.10.
To install Soulstorm: Strongholds v1.10, extract the contents of stronghold_missions_ss_v1_10.zip to your Soulstorm root directory.
Ensure that any previous versions have been removed before installing v1.10, by deleting the "stronghold_missions_ss" folder and "stronghold_missions_ss.module" file from your computer.
CHANGES IN V1.10
- Added the Salamanders race to the list of playable factions.
- Added support for the Witch Hunters race (be warned that as I can't get Witch Hunters working in Soulstorm I've not been able to test this. Attempting to use this race is only advised for those with modding experience).
- Fixed a Fatal Scar Error that occurred during the closing cutscene in the Or'es Tash'n mission.
- Fixed a Fatal Scar Error that occurred at the start of the closing cutscene in the North Vandea mission.
- Fixed a Fatal Scar Error that occurred early on in the Tyrea mission.
- Fixed an error on the Peninsula of Iseult and North Vandea missions that resulted in you beginning with a Necron Monolith regardless of what race you played as.
- Added a new team colour file for the Kabal of the Black Heart that better matches the colours in the Codex.
- Added improved minimaps for all the Soulstorm missions.
- Added yet more dialogue to various missions for some of those races that do not yet have it enabled.
- Changed the dialogue events for the Chaos Marines and Black Templars, so that the portrait used will reflect whether or not you have upgraded your Chaos Lord to a Daemon Prince or your Castellan to wear Terminator armour.
- Changed the Black Templars' starting squads to prevent problems with missions that begin with a drop pod deployment.