SMOD: Zenith is a modification of Super Mod by The Author (http://accept.hopto.org/smod/).
The plan is to make the mod more accessible to english players, and provide a balanced setting for new features and LUA gamemodes/custom maps.
NOTE: YOU NEED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING SOURCE ENGINE GAMES INSTALLED AND RUN AT LEAST ONCE TO RUN SMOD:Z PROPERLY:
-> Half-Life 2
-> Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
-> Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
-> Counter-Strike Source
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THESE GAMES INSTALLED OR DO NOT OWN THEM, YOU CANNOT PLAY THIS MOD.
-> Includes and runs on SMOD v40
-> Runs modified SMOD configs which include the following features as default:
-> Call-of-Duty style health system (no health displayed, regenerate out of combat)
-> Bind Keys in options for many common SMOD commands
-> Bullets can penetrate objects
-> "Red Orchestra" Style aiming system - the crosshair moves around the screen
-> Dynamic Crosshair
-> Bullet Time mode (default in SMOD:Z is "Adrenal Style", can be changed)
-> Third Person Camera
-> Super Jump
-> Increased Particle Effects, Artificial Bloom, Screen Blur, and many more additional screen effects
-> Increased Gore (default is high gore, levels can be changed to None, Default, High and Extreme)
-> Some combine use energy shields for protection
-> "Mighty Boot" style kick command
-> Lean left/right
-> Night-vision with variable amplification
-> 29 Custom weapons, based on Counter-Strike Source custom models, including
-> 6 Pistol weapons
-> 2 Shotguns
-> 5 Sub-machineguns
-> 6 Assault Rifles, one with an underslung grenade launcher
-> 4 Sniper Rifles
-> 1 Heavy-machinegun
-> Remote-detonated C4 Explosive
-> Frag Grenade
-> Custom replacement scripts to insert these new weapons into the HL2 campaign, and supports all standard HL2 custom maps
-> Toggleable Weapon Limits in place to restrict carrying them all at once
-> Most, if not all of the custom weapons are simple Counter-Strike Source weapon model replacements,
with some work done to make them work in SMOD.
-> I plan in a future release to have a rolling credits list in game,
but for now there is an individual credits file for each custom model used.
These files can be found in your SourceMods\smod\credits folder.
-> If you believe I have improperly credited someone, or have left out someone's well-deserved credit,
or don't want your model included in this mod, please contact me on my ModDB profile,
or send me an email at email@example.com
Currently the single biggest and most obvious problem with the mod is that most of the game's world models are broken. If anyone is experienced with source engine compiling and decompiling, qc editing and all that, please send me a PM. I have need of your services, as you can see from the mod's little thumbnail image, lol.
V1 of SMOD: Zenith is available for download. Please be sure to read the following before downloading:
- You need to have HL2, HL2DM, and CS:S installed to run this mod. I know, pretty serious requirements. This is because SMOD allows me to plug content into the game from other mods. I've used CS:S and HL2DM models.
- This is not a complete or final version. In fact, it's likely that this mod will change drastically at a point in the future. For now, please take note of the known bugs section and be prepared for some wierd happenings.
- Read the readme! This one should be obvious. It explains installation and also details a large amount of features.
You will notice two new lines in the main menu, called "ENABLE MAPADD SYSTEM" and "DISABLE MAPADD SYSTEM". The mapadd system uses LUA scripting to add in enemies at random points. This means that for a considerable amount of the HL2 single-player, you'll be getting some unexpected enemy placement. This is very cool as it adds a new dimension to the normally fairly bland HL2 campaign. Please note that you may come across enemies armed with some of the standard SMOD weapons (stuff like the Grease Gun or Kar98), but you will not be able to pick them up because I have disabled their pickupableness (this is a real word, i swear). You can use weapon_limitcategory 0 to change this but it's not recommended - there are some bugs involved, and you will end up with like 50 guns in your inventory.
- Most noticeable one: You will see enemies with guns sticking out of their guts. This is due to the world models I've used being built on CS:S bones instead of HL2 ones. This will be fixed in a future release. For now it's good for a chuckle and not really noticeable at range.
- FN F2000's grenades don't explode. This will be fixed in the next release, definitely.
- "Route Kanal" Chapter start actually starts in the "Red Letter day" chapter. Fixed in next release.
- Mapadded enemies are sometimes armed with Grease Gun, AK47, etc. These guns are not pickup-able. New override script will make enemies use proper weapons.
- Menu Backgrounds do not exist for widescreen resolutions, which can cause problems for the lucky sods with huge screens.
This list will be updated as I recieve user-reports on errors or bugs.
I hope you all enjoy the mod. Be sure to check out the credits.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.