The long-awaited TPOF v2.4 has finally been released on March 13, 2009. There are many new features, and many bug fixes. This is probably the best TPOF compile I have ever done. There are many new & Updated features. There is a change list so long I don't think it would fit in this space. This build is both highly Experimental, and very stable. It all depends on the system your running, and whether Homeworld 2 runs correctly, or not. After this release I will be on a two to three week hiatus from TPOF development. I will hopefully be able to produce some actual backstory to Slipstream in that time. Until then, enjoy v2.4!
New & Updated Features:
- The user interface has been cleaned-up to include button borders and transparency.
- A few new weapons have been added, such as the super-beam used by the UNCG battleship.
- TPOF Physics v1.4, which allows the ships to move around like they are actual ships in space.
- The removal of the ability to directly target certain subsystems on ships. In real-space physics, ships would be moving too fast for turrets in TPOF to track and fire in time, but they will take splash damage from a weapon hitting near, or on it.
- Skybox v2.0 is included, and can be found on "The Badlands" series of maps.
- Myself – Programming, Compiling, Graphics, Writer.
- NSWMaps – Maping & Mac OS X Testing.
- HisDivineShadow – Advisor, Tester, Conceptor.
- DoubleForte – Assistant Photoshop, Testing.
- Coldstar – Secondary Programmer, DOL Helios, Tester.
- Navck - Conceptor, Canon Assistant, Testing.
- Thundax - Modelling, Testing.
- Axel - Ship & Turret Models, Initial Weapon files.
- Cannonjack - Bishop Carrier mod.
- Modernization team - Models, Weapons.
- Eviljedi - Rehash mod.
- Mikail - Gameplay scripts, UI Scripts.
- Ent-E - Taiidan Cruisers mod.
- Nutritious - Ancient Enemies Music.