After three days of work, the new version comes shining in a much improved and polished release.
A small but smart mutator that changes the way damage is handled in Team Gametypes, sharing a fraction of suffered damage between teammates.
It's very configurable, and aims to bring a greater team feeling to the game, to whatever gametypes you want.
- Shared Amount: you can choose the amount of damage that is going to be shared between the teammates, ranging from 1% to 100%. Default value is 50%, so half the damage goes to the "victim", and 50% is shared between his teammates.
- Damage Screen Flash: when shared damage is dealt, you can choose how it'll make your screen flash. Values are: Default UT screen flash (red all the time), Teamcolor Flash (so, if you're in blue team, your screen will flash in blue for this kind of damage) and No flash at all.
- Trail Effect: when you receive shared damage, you'll be able to see a trail coming to your direction from your teammate that suffered damage. It's only visible by the person that receives shared damage, and not only helps you to identify that you took this kind of damage, but also to locate your teammate and provide some help.
- Sound Effect: when you receive shared damage, you'll be able to hear a sound to indicate it.
- Custom death message: when checked, deaths from shared damage will have its own deathmessages. It'll also indicate when a damage you share with your teammate kills one of them.
- Exclude victim from shared damage's calculation: if enabled, the victim will "only" take the amount of nonshared damage. If disabled, the victim will also take a fraction of the shared damage as if he was a teammate.
- Share friendly-fire damage: When enabled, friendly-fire damage will also be shared between the team. Discouraged since people can abuse it.
- Share self-damage: When enabled, self-damage damage will also be shared between the team. Discouraged since people can abuse it.
- Debug Mode: Logs all damage calculations into the UT log file.
- Setting Shared Amount to values higher than 50% is not recommended, since it'll make it too hard to kill a person alone. It's ok for Team Deathmatch, but for modes like Capture the Flag it does hurt the gameplay.
- In small teams (less than 5 players), a great setting is to disable exclude victim from shared calculation if and set shared amount to 100%. This setting would make everyone on the team take the same amount of damage! But the more players, the longer it would take to kill a single person.
No news has been posted here. If you have relevant news to share you should post it now.