That's right, it's finally here: Situation Outbreak v1.52. Visit www.situationoutbreak.info for download links and much, much more.
v1.52 brings many new features to the table, along with plenty of bug fixes and two brand-new maps. Here's just some of what's new:
- Improved textures for the M4, AK47, deagle, and chainsaw
- More health, points, and ability to deal more damage for the zombie overlord in the Overlord gamemode
- More blood, gore and a simple gib system
- Damage hikes for the MAC-10, M4, AK47, and chainsaw
- Point requirement reductions for all melee weapons
- New boss system for Survival, Objective, and Holdout gamemodes, including the first new boss NPC: the cloud
- New weapon: pump-action shotgun
- Drastically improved point system that rewards players points based on damage, not kills
- Improved 9mm, M4, and AK47 animations
- New map for the Overlord gamemode: so_ovr_lumberyard
- New map for the Survival gamemode: so_sv_forest
Dedicated server files will be made available by the end of the today today (US EST, GMT -5). Sorry for the delay, but they are awfully large files! If you already have an SO v1.51 Dedicated Server installed though, you can obtain the patch from our website.
All of our official ARP servers and Cherry's servers have been updated and are ready to go. It is recommended you only play on these servers until all other unofficial SO servers have updated to v1.52. You wouldn't want to be playing v1.51 after waiting for that v1.52 installer to finish, now would you?