The mod you are trying to view has ceased development and consequently been archived. If you are a member of this mod, can demonstrate that it is being actively developed and will be able to keep this profile up to date with the latest news, images, videos and downloads, please contact us with all details and we will consider its re-activation.
Sims-Life² is a new mod for the Source Orange Box engine. We plan to recreate a lot of the features found in the The Sims as well as the DarkRP mod for Garry's Mod. Since the mod will be based around these themes, we will be able to achieve a high level of realism as well as put the features we, and the community, would like to see Here is a quick list of some of the things you will find in Sims-Life²:
* Up to 64 players in a server! The more the merrier!
* Large maps to accommodate for the vast amount of players. Each map will include a residential and urban area, as well as a lowly ghetto.
* Jobs & Salary, both of which are saved by the server so you can continue your adventures!
* Drivable vehicles! This includes taxis, buses, and subways! The vehicle code is being rewritten to better compensate for the multiplayer lag & prediction.
* Security & fire alarms! Protect your house and keep the thieves out!
* Thieves! Short circuit the security alarms and go for the good stuff!
* Property & houses! Purchase some property and put a mortgage on your new house! Customize the house however you would like with a huge selection of appliances and furniture!
* Dynamic time of day! As you play, the game will change the time of day. One realtime hour is equal to 12 game hours, so every 2 hours is a new day.
* Much, much more!
With all the awesome features, we need a lot of awesome people! Sims-Life² is on the lookout for:
Mappers(Level Designers)! Sims-Life² needs great and enthusiastic mappers! There is a lot of realistic maps to create. (We already have four, so no more will be accepted for the time being.)
Modelers(3D Environment Artist)! We have a TON of props that need to be made, from kitchen appliances and furniture to taxis and buses! (We have one modeler, so plenty more will be accepted.)
Texture artists! Some of the available textures are to dull for our lively cities. We need some great texture artists who can redo and make new textures for models and geometry. Creating textures for player models will also be a huge plus! (We have none, so please sign up.)
There are just a few things we are looking for in the developers that apply.
1. You can work well in a team. None of the current developers want people that argue, it slows down development and makes you look like an @%*#!
2. You are determined and willing to stay with us until the end, through the good and the bad. The last thing we want are people who give up half way and quit.
3. You are skilled at what you do. We aren't necessarily looking for professionals, but if you can create quality content, that would be great. If you are new to whatever you are applying for, chances are you should wait a little bit. This mod is all about realism, and we would prefer having people who know what they are doing.
Our goal is to make Sims-Life² as community-based as possible. No one wants to play a game if it doesn't have any of their favorite stuff in it, do they? So do us all a favor and post feedback and suggestions in the comment box.
Email GhettoGarden1@gmail.com for applications, inquiries, or suggestions.
Okay, this is the last call, I am giving the mod 48 hours, if nobody takes it in that time, I archive the mod. I've moved on to bigger and better things, much more important than this mod, and I really don't want it. If somebody would like to take the mod, by all means, just email me at GhettoGarden1@gmail.com, or PM me, hell, even PM me on Funnyjunk for gods sake. GhettoGaiden is my funnyjunk username. Just take it. I don't want this mod to die.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.