Native gameplay, within the Calradia setting, with a strong emphasis for improving convenience, gameplay and adding new options (such as quests) to the overall M&B: Warband experience. Any version of M&B warband from 1.153 to 1.158 will work, but the mod requires the use of the Warband Script Enhancer v3.1.5 which is included in the download.
Silverstag is a native expansion/overhaul that delivers new key features, polish, graphics, and content, all while staying to true to the native feel of Warband.
Silverstag adds many new features but some of the most impressive ones are enhanced tournaments, sprinting (for player and AI), kingdom/fief management, and most importantly abilities and troop recruitment.
Even little things like combat hampering (soldiers fight worse when injured) dismounting damage, and spear bracing add a whole new layer of depth and attention to detail.
Player abilities, are essentially perks that add passive bonuses to players and troops. These perks can be chosen every 5 levels, and add another RPG element to Warband.
The recruitment system is a radical change from native and most other mods and has huge potential; it is slightly incomplete as of now, but the direction that the team is going in is very promising.
There really are too many features to explain here. If you have not tried Silverstag, you are truly missing out. There aren't many mods our there that add this much depth and gameplay refinement.
I highly recommend this mod. Be careful though-- once you try it, you might never want to go back to native or any other mod out there.
Simply the ideas involved here compared to most other Warband mods are revolutioanry - clearly lots of work had gone into this.
With economic micro-managing and the introduction of unique stats and units (NOT minor factions!), this game really outdoes most other mods.
Wonderful mode. I love it!
I have some proposal.
1. In a city's tavern, if there is a bard, both his music and background music are played at the same time. I think in this case, the BGM must be off.
2. When i get a quest to protect a caravan and arrive the destination, if i have never talk to him, i must tell him two times to finish it. It would be better just one time.
This is an incredible mod for the following reasons:
1. It incorporates revolutionary new gameplay through companion roles and a completely revamped recruitment system. If Warband has started to feel dull, you'll be amazed how new it feels when playing Silverstag - all without leaving Calradia.
2. This is not a collections mod where lots of great ideas are tacked on but not really integrated. Instead it's a fully developed concept where all the great ideas feel realistically integrated into the mod.
3. It's an active mod with a large and loyal following which makes for a great community in the forums.
4. The lead developer Windy Plains is very receptive to feedback and often incorporates others' ideas into new versions of the mod. No, not every idea you throw at him is going to show up in the next version, but your ideas will get a fair hearing. It's a pretty cool feeling when you see your idea incorporated - I speak from experience.