SHTUP is the one mod you never want to be without. Increases the resolution of all the common (and quite a few of the not-so-common) object textures. A secondary objective of the mod is to correct all other graphical glitches. It's completely true to the original textures while making a huge difference. It has been named one of "50 essential mods" in PC Gamer UK (Nov 2009). Telling you to shtup up since 1999 and getting away with it.
New Information: Systemshock.org
SHTUP is a mod for System Shock 2 which aims to increase the resolution of all the common (and quite a few of the not-so-common) object textures. A secondary objective of the mod is to correct all other graphical glitches, such as typos, continuity errors, texture alignment errors, and so on. All of this is to be done while sticking as closely as possible to the original art style. Simply put, our goal is to make SS2 look like a higher-res version of itself.
SHTUP is completely compatible with the SS2 Rebirth mod. SHTUP upgrades objects, Rebirth upgrades the AI models.
WHAT'S NEW IN BETA 6
- Several dozen most excellently updated/retextured pipe models (IceNine)
- Updated "annelid goo" models (IceNine again)
- Updated plant models (Black Boe)
- Updated Earth skybox (Black Boe again)
- Redrawn Xerxes face (Eldron)
- Updated world model wrench textures (Ichu)
- Several fixed object models (the inimitable Esh)
- Updated "annelid goo" textures to complement IceNine's updated models.
- Updated basketball hoop, basketball court (same res, but should look a little more natural now), and basketball inventory icon
- Re-Updated the MedSci "VB" door texture. This was one of the first textures I updated back in 2003, so it was looking a little rough. Thanks to Esh tweaking the door model, it's now a full 256x512 texture. Also, finally updated the damaged version of this door.
- Made some tweaks to the HUD graphics so the edges don't change when switching between Use/Shoot mode anymore.
- Cleaned up all the square warning signs with the horizontal color stripes. They should all look much more consistent now, with the stripes always on the same side and no weird Z-fighting issues. Also, the signs that used to have a flashing white stripe will now have a flashing red stripe. Turns out it was always supposed to be red, but a palette mismatch caused it to appear white instead.
- Updated all the "big red letter" signs so that each letter is its own 256x256 texture. Super sharp!
- Updated most non-square signage to use TGA textures. This means that all edges will now have a smooth, anti-aliased appearance. This is especially noticeably on signs with text.
- Updated all blood splats and blood scrawls to use TGA textures as well. In addition to the edge-smoothing effect, variable transparency was used to give the blood a nice gory smeared appearance.
- Cleaned up the Rickenbacker logos on the Rickenbacker map screens.
- Trash cans now have actual trash in them.
- The snow-covered floors now actually look like snow.
- Wedge lights now have a texture that actually looks like something, instead of the old blank white texture.
- Rickenbacker deck A/B/C signs inverted to match the Rickenbacker's deck layout (A at the bottom, C at the top).
- Three out of four stim unit faces upgraded (still can't figure out who that second guy is).
- Recreation deck room signs height slightly increased so VB logo is round now.
- Piano console screen upgraded. Name that tune!