A mod for Star Wars: Empire At War - Forces of Corruption, that introduces various new elements to the game including: Orbital Weapons Platforms above the shipyard planets, the return of some of your favorite GCs from EAW, retouched and edited skins of most vehicles, Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade return to Galactic Conquest mode, and much, much more.
Small update on what I've been doing; not as much as I would have liked, but it's progress
Posted by AUS_Doug on Mar 14th, 2013
Been a couple of weeks since my 'To-do list' was posted, so I thought I'd update you on progress so far.
1) I have finished (I think) the final tweaks on the two Venator cruisers that my mod is named for; If I think of something else that needs adding, it will be done.
2) Hangar spawn point on the 'Weapons Platform' is done. I just need to decide what type of fighters will spawn from there, and how many.
3) Fixed the Y-Wings; The thread detailing that little adventure can be found here:
4) Armed with the feedback provided by Geroenimo, I've re-re-restarted the texture editing process, and he was most definitely right on several points; A decent Bump Map makes a world of difference, Photoshop (Which I now have) is vital to making good textures, filters and a mouse are sufficient if you know how to use them, and making ships appear scratched is important.
5) By not relying on code to animate my 'Imperial Commando', I was able to safely edit it in 3ds Max without breaking the animations; His Rifle is now longer with a reduced muzzle flash, I've removed his backpack, and slightly altered the shape of the helmet so that he's more 'Commando-ish'.
That's all for now folks.
(And, assuming people read these news items, if anyone wants to volunteer their time to do a couple of things for me that would be great. I would like someone who has experience with story scripts, and someone who can animate a person using 3ds Max. The latter doesn't need experience with the Alamo utilities, they only need to be able to animate a model I send them.)