Enjoy the classic broodwar game with improved mechanics, new units, upgrades, abilities, and lot of changes that will improve the gameplay and open new strategies and compositions to fight with.

Forum Thread
my revo 2.0 twaddle :) (Games : StarCraft : Mods : SC Revolution Mod : Forum : General Discussion : my revo 2.0 twaddle :)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 6 2017 Anchor

Incinerator Gauntlets in 1.6 was a cool ultimate passive for firebats. That turn them into base demolisher, suicidal squads. If I concentrated at Firebats, thanks to Incinerator Gauntlets they not became obsolete in the late game. Now its a little dmg upgrade, not distinct enough to have influence on gameplay and allow new tactics (and upgrade giving new possibilities is a best virtue of starcraft).

Changing damage type for Firebats should be in a form C Explosive. YES, player will downgrade they damage against small unit, to be more viable against big units and buildings. Its rather no-brainer decision since mid game all meaningful armies consist of med/big units, rather doubt it would incline someone to revert army composition back into small units. Very important here is that Incinerator Gauntlets come into play in late game (science facility req).

1.5 Marines should has Burst damage type. To reduce they AA value and usability in late game (its first unit, shouldn't be that effective). Also reactor make you produce them in tons.

U-shell marine range upgrade is available too soon, it affect game way more than incinerator gauntles for firebats.

Increased range (also for Dragon and Hydralisk) shouldn't be early game upgrade. Very often I dont even send Marine into combat without it. After few play with zerg Hydra's and protoss Dragon's my feelings are similar.
Range increase fit as mid game upgrade, when you have too much unit under control. Early its magnifying disadvantage for melee units.

propose:
Hydras grooving spine req. Hive, terk Marine U-shell req. Fusion Core, protoss Dragon req. Robotic Sup Bay(?)

AI seems more demanding now, and use unit from 2.0 its a big +.

Medic upgrade Stabilized Medpack is also very mediocre. I see no reason to research it. Heal speed is currently high enough (too high for my taste).

I think medic could have some late game offensive/harassment ability upgrade instead. Melee bio weapon effective only against bio units with short irradiation like effect. Could work same as heal, automatic + energy drain with each attack. Medic should prioritize heal over poison. Would be good last resort.

why not just normal energy expensive irradiate spell?
because Medic is a cheap unit, that often ends alone (when rest of army is beat out) in close quarters with enemy. Giving her active spell would unnecessary increase the micro.

I never use Restoration.

Ghost tooltip bug (hint about Tech Lab skill, actually are in science facility)

Sniper round works nice. Being only terran unit that has shield is odd. I would remove it, for the sake of protoss technology singularity.

Scanner sweep is too cheap. After i have second expansion I see everything everywhere. Scan suppose to be instant, easy, emergency detection. There is no downside. I would increase cost to 100 energy, and maybe increase its energy regeneration. There is no energy management as you dont use ComSat station energy for anything else.

====
[i feel that I repeat myself :D]

====

start fog? great

dropship? OP, understood its for testing.

removing academy? ok. However stim are available ultra fast. Maybe its some way to delay appearance of junkie marines a little? on the other way one garbage building less

remov Ravens? good change imo

Diamond? good unit.

New Valkyrie is amazing unit. Very useful, fun to play, a great counter to tanks and marines. AoE is perfect not too big not too small. Has exploitable drawback in mode. upgrade is in spirit of the game.

I would decrease a little damage in Hunter mode because 30 is an overkill. 25 would be better. Also it feels to me that AA dmg is too low. Wrights are better as AA unit.

Dropship - cloak open a good counter vs bunker+tank+gholiats groups. BUT its TOO DAMN OVER POWERED. group of unassisted dropship flight right into the base. Some enemy fighters appear to intercept it? whatever cloak. So long losers. Even AI use this tactics. OH scan sweep? allright we have to wait few seconds (yes yes still under cloak). Take into the consideration the fact that drop need few second of time window to unload his cargo. And thats it, you can not prevent drops too happened.

Give Dropship cooldown bar, when Cloak activated it become invisible for short time (few sec). OR Increase Dropship cloak activation into 100 energy.

Blinding Nova is not so useful, because its energy expensive. And energy is better to keep for cloak. Air units have no problems with casting spells in whereever thay want, same is with blind. I can debuff opponents too easily, like Science Vessel - irrad and emp. And Vessel is OP with his skills too, I would remove this unit. New Blind is very nice skill (reduce enemy range is feel-able) that I would like to play, but with another unit.

Give Blind to Medic.

Medic has too high HP. 45 would be better. Often bunch of medics instead of heal combat infantry, heal themselves. If they has less HP, they would soon heal herselfs and start to taking care of wounded.

Diamondback GRP its rip off from Vulture, would appreciate if you could change the front double "tear drop shape" to something else, to avoid resemblance with vulture. Maybe take some plate from new Valkyrie grp?

Reactor and Tech Labs I never find it useful to reconfigure add-ons for another building. Its lots of effort that doesn't provide too much benefit to the gameplay. Extra micro with Barracks techlab to allow Factory faster reach siege tanks is hardly a fun feature. Must say I prefer the vanilla solution. Lack of reactor = less Marines (this unit is too good).

===== wish-listing Science Vessel - removing.

SV is ugly, has OP harassment spells. Has cool abilities, but they could be transferred to another units. Lack of fly detection, would not bother terk because of Omni-presence satellite scan. ALSO i would counted Detector change from air to ground, as a big pro for the Terran variety from other races.

Give Ghost Ocular upgrade that will grant them detection. Allow to create Ghost in Barrack earlier in game, no Science Facility req. (in would be in tact with current Revolution changes). Ghost without his abilities is just gas expensive infantry.

Irradiate give to Medic. Medic would have: heal, Restoration (default ?), Optic Flare (upgr., AoE, red sight and range), Irradiation (upgr. req. SF). Could change name to: "Biologic Infestation".

Defense Matrix give to Dropship instead Blinding Nova. Tweak: Matrix repair target, but prevent it from attacking. Useful use for both friendly and enemies. Lore: it could be nanobots that repair target, could be also limited use. Whats wrong with damage reduction? Its cheap tactic.

EMP - here I'm not sure. Diamondback seems as best choice, with limited use 2 per unit (i know Raven you dont like it, but limited use is functional).

=====

protoss sentry double the Dragoon role. its also AA.
I would change Sentry dmg to concussive. Its 18 dmg +2 anyway. Let Dragoon become mid game unit. Move it into Robotic Facility. Currently its too good as early unit (explosive dmg, good range, anti air).

Shield Battery - its useless. Extra micro is not worth the time and effort to click for regen shield, unless in very situational scenarios (base defense). Auto cast will help a lot. OR allow shield battery to heal/repair protoss.

====

Zerg is awesome, love all the changes so far (queen, new units, roach).

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.