Final release of RoZo v0.5, no more big updates on this.
A list of server running the RoZo 0.5 can be found here
Return of Zombie Ops is a zombie modification for Call of Duty 4, it features content from Black Ops Zombie mode as well as from Modern Warfare 3 Survival mode and Ghosts Extinction mode. It's set slightly in the future with weapons from Ghosts, Black Ops and Modern Warfare series.
In RoZo a military special force tries to get control over the zombies outbreak that started by accident in a testing laboratory. You take over the role of one of the field soldiers, you have to face the zombies armed with anything that's available. The HQ will send you objectives and support during the mission.
Light Machine Guns
Italic weapons are a Signature weapon, they are specially unlocked and have attachments equipped.
You'll get three killstreaks, which you can select. Also you can buy certain support from the Support Armory in some gamemodes. The streaks are still subject to be changed. The current names are likely to be placeholders and to identify the streaks.
There will be a lot of different skills you can utilize. They will be split into four different skill trees, while the first one is free after ranking up to rank 2 you will have to pay for another skill tree. Also you can take only one skill tree into battle.
Focused on weapon handling and damage.
Focused on melee combat and protection.
Focused on technical support, such as killstreaks.
Focused on keeping the team alive.
You will be able to customize your character in several different ways. For example you'll be able to choose your gender, uniform and headgear.
# ParadoX - Main 3D Artist - Weapons
# ElTitoPricus - Main 3D Artist - Characters
# Sanya - Help with playermodels
# Susel - Help with Effects
# NNJ - Help with the CODX core
# IZaRTaX - Helping out with mapping and cooperating for creating RoZo maps
For help and support on the mod please visit our forum rather then using the ModDB comments section, as that has proven to be very confusing.
If you are following RoZo for a certain amount of time now you have sure seen a lot of features being announced and later disappear again. Of course we'd like to keep as much as possible in the mod but that's just not fitting.
One of the options if that a feature/item is not fitting the concept of the mod or interfering with other things.
Another, and probably the one we encounter most of the time, option is that COD4 has certain engine limitations, that we can not work around nor influence in any way. So we have to create a mod within those engine limitations. To do so we have to abandon certain things to make room for new or just to be within the limits. If a thing you absolutely loved is among the abandoned stuff we're sorry but please keep in mind that there are also other people who want to enjoy the mod, so not everyone can have his favorite stuff.
Hey everyone I'm here today to bring you some news, regarding RoZo and our official server.
Let's start with the server.
Currently we have some issues with our root, so our website, game and TS3 servers are down for the time being. I hope that we can sort out the issues as soon as possible and bring everything back up.
Since we had some issues with our server the game servers are still down and we also set up a totally new website. We are sorry for the inconvenience, all three game server should be back up during the next weeks.
Now let's get to the more interesting news. You might ask yourself how the next update is comming along and I'll be honest, a little slower then I wish for. However, as you probably seen, I could show off a little bit here and there in the last few days again and hope that I can keep stuff coming for the next days.
Since the last news I wrote we changed some things considerably and even though those changes are making some stuff easier and hopefully the final mod more fun, they threw us back quite a bit in development.
Now let me just post the current (15th July 2014 6PM) changelog.
- Level: Changed the way the mod handles map objects
- Gamemode: Survival now usually features only weapon, equipment and air support armory (how much depends on the map)
- Gamemode: Arena got a complete rework (still not fully done)
- Gamemode: Classic now features the Treasure Chest, Perk Machines, and if possible weapon pick-ups similar to COD:Ghosts Extinction Mode/COD:Zombies (map dependant)
- Game: Reworked the way loadout is kept track off
- Game: Changed the way weapons are dealt with in every aspect
- Loadout: A new way weapons are handled allows for multiple attachment choices and makes Pack a Punch a viable option
- Level: Added some basic motion to the barricades
- Player: Various 3rd Person animations
- Weapon: R5 RGP, animations and models from Ghosts
- Weapon: TAC .45, animations, models and sounds from BO2
- Weapon: Skorpion, empty reload animation from Single Player
- Weapon: .44 Magnum, animations, models and sounds from Ghosts
- Weapon: Glock 18, animations, models and sounds from MW2
- Weapon: MP5, animations and model from BO2, sounds mixed
- Weapon: Vepr, animations, models and sounds from Ghosts
- Weapon: CBJ-MS, animations, models and sounds from Ghosts
- Weapon: PP-19 Bizon, animations, models and sounds from Ghosts
- Weapon: FN P90, animations, models and fire sounds from MW3
- General: Pretty much all contents have been removed, this is pretty much a restart
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.