This is the first WIP release of the Hellenic UI mod. A more complete version will be eventually released. Creator: KickingJoub Installation: Place the...
Designed for 64 bit OS
32 bit OS owners should use the low resolution texture pack
Rome at War is a Third Century B.C. themed Multiplayer Mod (with SP in alpha stage) developed for Mount and Blade Warband V. 1.154
- 8 Historically accurate factions, Romani (Romans), Gallia (Gauls), Koinon Hellenon (Greek League), Makedonia (Macedonians), Safinim (Samnites), Megálê Hellás (Greek colonies of south Italy), Basileion Syrakosion (Greek colonies of Sicily), Epeiros (Epirus, between Illyria and Greece)
- Unknown number of Custom Maps
- Dozens of ancient Weapons/armors/shields
- New animations
- Custom Banners
- Custom options (Extra encumbrance, Class-limits)
- Early stage Singleplayer+ many more small gameplay changes
some info about the mod:
The mod is not yet completed, it is a work in progress.
Releases are fully playable and expected to be stable if your computer meets the requirements.
Want more information?
- RGCotL - Modeling/Texturing/Team leader
- Gothic Knight - Modeling/Texturing/Historical Advice
- Seek n Destroy - Coding/Research/Historical Advice/ReTexturing
- Theretor - Music Composer
- DarthTaco - Research/Historical Advice/Modeling
- KickingJoub - Scener
If I forgot someone please tell me, and the name will be added to the list.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will you add faction X ?
A: We're not making any promises concerning upcoming factions, we follow our planning and eventually new factions are done.
Q: Will you add X item ?
A: If it fits our time frame then we will most likely add it as long as it is relevant, if it doesn't then we won't.
Items we won't do:
- Square Scutums
- Corinthian Helmet
Stop requesting these please.
Q: Faction X is so OP/UP (overpowered/underpowered)!!!
A: That's not a question. Also we tested everything against everything in multiplayer a dozen times already and as far as I'm concerned it's relatively balanced. It seems to work decently in SP too so if all you have is one random empiric occurrence where you got your ass handed to you that won't be convincing of a faulty balance.
Q: Is the mod dead?
Other things worth mentioning:
We do our own research so please be so kind to not point towards Rome II as a historical reference, we appreciate actual history books and physical evidence over movies/videogames. We do have a planning for what we are doing (most of the time) so there is no point in suggesting to us what our next move shall be. Thank you for reading the F.A.Q. and twice the thanks for reading the F.A.Q. before posting a question already answered in it.
- Rome at War Team.
After taking a break for the summer we're starting weekly shieldbattle events once more! You can find all relevant information here: Forums.taleworlds.com
In short: No signing up is required, the event will always be hosted on the latest mod version, using officer, cavalry, skirmisher or elite classes is frowned upon and don't act stupid. Everyone is welcome to join!