Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) The Ultimate Supreme Commander 2 Experience (New Scale, New Units, New Ability's, New Game)

Forum Thread
by member
Version 1.05 05/05/11 (Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Revamp Expansion Mod : Version 1.05 05/05/11) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Oct 7 2012, 1:00pm Anchor

Hello, i recently discovered your mod and i must say: it's awesome! But now, since the last update was in 2011 i have to ask: will there be any further updates? I am playing now with 1.05 (it's the version one can download here) and the 1.1 patch (nevertheless it shows version 1.05 ingame and i don't know if it is a bug, or if i did something wrong, but nevermind) and enjoy it really much but i wish there came more. The screens on your projekt page look neat and thatswhy i am wondering if the units will ever be released in the mod.

Maybe i am stupid, but your mod is named "Revamp Expansion Mod 1.2 (RVE)" and the latest version i have is 1.1 (or 1.05). I can't find any link to 1.2... Is it just a name, or a legitimate version number?

Thank you for your work so far :)

Oct 7 2012, 9:31pm Anchor

the version they're working on now is 1.2, there will be another release (they would never stop now. since they're so far in). thus far 1.1/1.05 is the most recent version that is playable by the general public. and yes the mod is pretty sweet and we are all looking forward to it!

Jan 17 2013, 4:48am Anchor

I have downloaded the Mod Manager, Downloaded the Mystic Mod Support and even tried adding the balanced 1.01 for good measure (it crashed the game and I know it is not up to date I just tried it out). Is there a proper up to date way on how to install this modification? It has sparked my interest ever since I saw the Renders on Deviantart and I would like to try it out. I dld the mod manager and placed the mods in the Supreme commander directory (before I just had the manager and the files in their own separate folder) I ass and enable the mods with the manager both Version 1.05 and the Mod Support. Then I launch the game. On the menu screen it has no notification of the patch number and mod name, just the regular 1.25. I go into a normal skirmish turning on instant tech and check the tiers and my building units and no new information has appeared and it plays just like normal. I can see there hasn't been a direct reply in awhile but I am hoping to know how I can properly install this or if I might of missed something easily findable.

Thank you and hope to experience your work in the future <3

Mar 5 2013, 1:22pm Anchor

Pretty sure this project is dead, its been atleast a year since the latest changes, its genuinely like they decided to make a new game entirely and intend to realise the whole thing at once, but its taking so long that ive just lost interest now.

Really why wasnt it just small patch after small patch, when this comes out in 2 years time no one will know anything about it and it will share nothing in common with the game we are playing now.

Mar 6 2013, 2:51am Anchor
Barfupalot wrote:Pretty sure this project is dead, its been atleast a year since the latest changes, its genuinely like they decided to make a new game entirely and intend to realise the whole thing at once, but its taking so long that ive just lost interest now.

Really why wasnt it just small patch after small patch, when this comes out in 2 years time no one will know anything about it and it will share nothing in common with the game we are playing now.

Its not dead at all the alpha isn't to far away after the alpha is out there will be updates every month or two also people still play SC/FA so people will still play SC2, Why 1.2 wasn't released in patches after 1.05 was because the whole mod was rewritten from scratch to allow for easier patching and updates, I thank every one that supports the mod the mod has come this far and isn't just going to die off!

Edited by: OverRated

Mar 7 2013, 10:58pm Anchor

I love the progress on this mod. I loved supreme commander from the very start. And seeing this mod from a dying series because of SOME company (Square Enix) is just a breathe of relief and a gleaming light of hope. Most of the units here are even better than most vanilla units in supcom. I hope you guys keep up the excellent progress :)

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.