Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) A Supreme Commander 2 Complete Overhaul / Total Conversion Mod

Forum Thread
Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.2 (Games : Supreme Commander 2 : Mods : Revamp Expansion Mod (RVE) : Forum : Revamp Expansion Mod : Revamp Expansion Mod 2.0 Alpha 1.2) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Sep 2 2015 Anchor

Please Use this thread to post any bugs or suggestions about RVE 2.0 A1.2

Please only report bugs and balance suggestions mentioning missing features and abilities doesn't help us the mod is a Alpha so these are bound to be there.

BUG LIST AND THERE CURRENT STATE FOR NEXT RELEASE

CHANGES MADE IN ALPHA 1.3

FACTION CHANGES/FIXES

UEF

• Fixed black build texture on T2/T3 Mass extractors
  • Added Air Experimental Tera Fortress
  • Jack Hammer build cost and time rebalanced
  • Pause ability on Energy Generators replaced with “Enable/Disable Engineering Tower” ability
  • Enable/Disable Engineering Tower ability now clears commands and now can be doubled clicked to disable all

CYBRAN

• Fixed missing jump jets on 3 land units
  • Shredder Assault Drone build time and energy cost have been increased
  • The T2 Wanger Tank has been replaced with older updated RVE model
  • Fixed Skiadrum AA targeting problem
  • Skiadrum new walk animation added and model adjustments
  • Fixed nuke not being unlocked when researched
  • Fixed Jump Range on Loyalist Reborn
  • Fixed ACU firing problem
  • Corrected Adaptors shield size
  • AI can now use the PD unpack ability on the Brick
  • AI can now use the Replicate ability on the Loyalist
  • Changed Adaptors health

ILLUMINATE

• AI can now use the Rapid Fire ability on the Emissary
  • Fixed Fortified Artillery not firing
  • Fixed Nuke strategic icons
  • Fixed black build texture on T2/T3 Mass extractors
  • Fixed ACU firing problem
  • Added T2 Assault Bot (Colossus)

BALANCE CHANGES

• Carriers can no longer build Air Transports
  • Carriers build rates increased from 3.5 to 4.5
  • Research Rate Upgrade has been removed from the research tree
  • Research Stations now gain Experience every 15min increasing your income rate by 20% each time for an hour, Experience timer starts at the start of the match.
  • Fixed upgraded units not matching to health of a prebuild unit of the same Tier level
  • AI Handicaps reduced
  • Some AI emery threat levels balanced
  • Nuke research cost increased by 10
  • Mobile unit personal shields balanced off unit’s health

NON FACTION SPECIFIC CHANGES/FIXES

• Enable/Disable Toggles on Mass Converters and Research stations have been updated for better functionality, Icons have also been updated.
  • Adjacency code improvements and refinements
  • Adjacency added for Radar Stations
  • Adjacency added for SCU Capsule’s
  • Mass converters adjacency for gantries now reduces build times as well as mass costs
  • Fixed Adjacency beams effects being left behind when a unit dies
  • Fixed Adjacency not applying when placing down the applying unit 1st
  • Fixed Adjacency Buffs not being removed on Reclaiming/Death
  • Fixed Adjacency affecting build scaffolding from being removed
  • Fixed Adjacency not being removed when the applying unit has been captured
  • Fixed Cybran and Illuminate Nukes Structure Anti-Nuke shot down requirement not being 2

Edited by: OverRated

Sep 2 2015 This post has been deleted.
Sep 2 2015 Anchor

I wasn't quick enough to post my bugs at the Alpha 1.1 thread. So I'll post them here
Great work by the way to push out the third test already :)

Here're some bugs and suggestions:
-UEF ACU can build T3 structures when the T3 building tech had been researched, but
T3 tech had not been unlocked on the ACU research tree
-If you open the resource sharing screen and send some resources to an ally(in multiplayer).
Close it, and than open a new one the recource sharing screen won't close

Suggestions:
-The Harvog assault bot is ridiculous fast in a straigh line, but the turningspeed
is pretty low. Maybe make it slower, but turn faster?
-Is there a possibility to implement T1 dropships? They would make the gameplay at
tier 1 a lot more fun and opens up many possibilities

Edited by: xFlowGrattix

Sep 3 2015 Anchor
xFlowGrattix wrote:

I wasn't quick enough to post my bugs at the Alpha 1.1 thread. So I'll post them here
Great work by the way to push out the third test already :)

Here're some bugs and suggestions:
-UEF ACU can build T3 structures when the T3 building tech had been researched, but
T3 tech had not been unlocked on the ACU research tree
-If you open the resource sharing screen and send some resources to an ally(in multiplayer).
Close it, and than open a new one the recource sharing screen won't close

Suggestions:
-The Harvog assault bot is ridiculous fast in a straigh line, but the turningspeed
is pretty low. Maybe make it slower, but turn faster?
-Is there a possibility to implement T1 dropships? They would make the gameplay at
tier 1 a lot more fun and opens up many possibilities

Yes T1 transports are on the list to be made and added.

The ACU unlocks Tier build levels from the structure tree its stated in the upgrades.

Resource sharing seems to work fine opening and closing but there does seem to be a problem with the amount being sent and it sending all instead of just one, Ill have to let albino know as this is his UI i don't touch it lol.

Edited by: OverRated

--

Sep 3 2015 Anchor

A net set of bug reports is here:

The mods I used were the main mod (RVE 2.0) and Experimental Warp Pillars Beta 2.

- I cannot build nukes (there is no build button or launch button) even if I research the Nuke Attack and Defense Silo (both techs). No restrictions were enabled.

no nukes bug

- Sometimes the Mass Converter adjacency bonus for shields doesn't work (shield health does not increase)

- When using the Warp Pillars, sometimes a unit will float in the air for some time before coming down to the ground and appearing as normal.

Other Questions:

- Why are the SCUs shielded?

- Why is the Scoraxs (a cheap land XP and ACU killer) better at breaking shields than the Raptor?

- Why is it hard for T3 mobile artillery to break even T2 shields?

- Why does my sim speed start to drop when a bomber/gunship swarm attacks a large army?

Sep 3 2015 Anchor

I'll look over these and probably released a patch over the weekend I'm guessing because the nuke subs run off the same research its creating that problem. Beam weapons are always going to be better at pin point damage .

SCU always had shields as there a land unit , Your sim speed will always slow down from large numbers of projectiles, effects and units as the game has to render all of these.

--

Sep 3 2015 Anchor

No comms spawned on volcano dlc map. Infact i couldnt even tab out of the game and the time stayed at 0.

Sep 3 2015 Anchor
evilbobman wrote:

No comms spawned on volcano dlc map. Infact i couldnt even tab out of the game and the time stayed at 0.

I would be checking your mod install.

--

Sep 3 2015 Anchor

There's a few more bugs and questions for the day:

- SCUs, after initially assisting a factory, will not reassist when the next unit in the queue is being built.

- Sometimes, when I kill an enemy commander, it doesn't explode; it just dies like a normal unit and leaves behind wreckage.

- Aeon AI continuously spams upgraded T1 assault bots even into late game. Same with the UEF AI.

- The Hoplite has no jump jets.

Questions:

- When are the Cybrans going to get new T2/T3 shield models?

- Will the Hoplite and the Wagner be replaced?

- When will the other XPs (not God level) appear?

Edited by: malurok97

Sep 3 2015 Anchor

Downloaded and installed both RVE and Warp pillar, so far no problems, good work as allways. Anyway, I did some testing with veterancy bonuses and found some intresting results, I will sum up the biggest bits of info I have found, review it for balance if you want, or just learn how to be better at the game :D. When testing, I coverd every single part of the relivant structures with t3 ajacency buildings, filling any empty space with t1.

T3 shield gens can be boosted up to 250% capacity (40k -> 100k) with mass fabs. However this is impractical in real game play, its easier to just boost them up to 100k each by layering a line of shields sandwedged between two lines of masss fabs.

Warp pillars can have the build time reduced to only 56.2% (nearly half build time!) of normal build time with energy gens.

Warp pillars surounded by mass fabs have the mass cost of units reduced to 92.3%, but the energy cots goes up to 104.6%. I dont think this is a bug, but either way, its very silly considering building exp units nearly twice as fast far outweighs saveing a little under 8% of mass costs.

I have not tested combineing the effects of energy gens and mass fabs on one building, but I assume the results will be pretty streight forward.

Sep 4 2015 Anchor
malurok97 wrote:

There's a few more bugs and questions for the day:

- SCUs, after initially assisting a factory, will not reassist when the next unit in the queue is being built.

- Sometimes, when I kill an enemy commander, it doesn't explode; it just dies like a normal unit and leaves behind wreckage.

- Aeon AI continuously spams upgraded T1 assault bots even into late game. Same with the UEF AI.

- The Hoplite has no jump jets.

Questions:

- When are the Cybrans going to get new T2/T3 shield models?

- Will the Hoplite and the Wagner be replaced?

- When will the other XPs (not God level) appear?

Yeah will look into that SCU problem i know of it.

That would be coredump a research item in the tree lol?

what AI settings did you use?

Wanger yes the Hoplite probably will be replaced yes.

New XPs will be added next week.

ElusiveDelight wrote:

Downloaded and installed both RVE and Warp pillar, so far no problems, good work as allways. Anyway, I did some testing with veterancy bonuses and found some intresting results, I will sum up the biggest bits of info I have found, review it for balance if you want, or just learn how to be better at the game :D. When testing, I coverd every single part of the relivant structures with t3 ajacency buildings, filling any empty space with t1.

T3 shield gens can be boosted up to 250% capacity (40k -> 100k) with mass fabs. However this is impractical in real game play, its easier to just boost them up to 100k each by layering a line of shields sandwedged between two lines of masss fabs.

Warp pillars can have the build time reduced to only 56.2% (nearly half build time!) of normal build time with energy gens.

Warp pillars surounded by mass fabs have the mass cost of units reduced to 92.3%, but the energy cots goes up to 104.6%. I dont think this is a bug, but either way, its very silly considering building exp units nearly twice as fast far outweighs saveing a little under 8% of mass costs.

I have not tested combineing the effects of energy gens and mass fabs on one building, but I assume the results will be pretty streight forward.

Some adjacency bonuses do need to be look over its on my to do list.

--

Sep 4 2015 Anchor

I noticed this since 2.0 a1. UEF T3 gunship acting little bit odd. While other faction's gunship and even UEF's T1,T2 gunships are initiationg moving shot or circling around & firing at enemy head, UEF T3 gunship doesn't. They only fire at enemy when they're facing each other. Feels like they have angle limitaion. Other gunships may have angle limitation too, but they move around to face them while UEF T3 just flying and shoot them if they enter to their firing angle. I don't know this is what you expected but if not, please try to fix it. It's making me hard to control gunships.

Plus, Shiled doens't work (no shiled health, still have construction motion even after construction completed) if it has adjacency bonuses. ( as fas as I know, mass extractor)

by the way, the mod is fantastic like always.

Edited by: Ooopsy

Sep 4 2015 Anchor
Ooopsy wrote:

I noticed this since 2.0 a1. UEF T3 gunship acting little bit odd. While other faction's gunship and even UEF's T1,T2 gunships are initiationg moving shot or circling around & firing at enemy head, UEF T3 gunship doesn't. They only fire at enemy when they're facing each other. Feels like they have angle limitaion. Other gunships may have angle limitation too, but they move around to face them while UEF T3 just flying and shoot them if they enter to their firing angle. I don't know this is what you expected but if not, please try to fix it. It's making me hard to control gunships.

Plus, Shiled doens't work (no shiled health, still have construction motion even after construction completed) if it has adjacency bonuses. ( as fas as I know, mass extractor)

by the way, the mod is fantastic like always.

post a screen shot of the shield bug as I have never seen it happen?

--

Sep 4 2015 Anchor

Like here, T1 shield is completed ( full health ) but no shield has been deployed,still in building motion. And as you can see it's connected with mass extractor.SupremeCommander2 2015 09 04 22

Edited by: Ooopsy

Sep 4 2015 Anchor
Ooopsy wrote:

Like here, T1 shield is completed ( full health ) but no shield has been deployed,still in building motion. And as you can see it's connected with mass extractor.SupremeCommander2 2015 09 04 22

That seems more like a bad install try reinstalling the mod and checking your gamedata to make sure you don't have any old files left there.

--

Sep 4 2015 Anchor

ill look into that SCU problem i know of it.

OverRated wrote:

Wagner yes the Hoplite probably will be replaced yes.

The AI settings were:

- Custom Balanced Aeon AI set to "Engage Strongest"

-50% build speed bonus (negative bonus)

-50% resource bonus (negative bonus)

What about missing jump jets for certain Cybran units? Will the Chimera Siege Bot appear as one of the new XPs?

Image of Chimera Siege bot: Moddb.com

Edited by: malurok97

Sep 4 2015 Anchor

W

malurok97 wrote:

ill look into that SCU problem i know of it.

OverRated wrote:

Wagner yes the Hoplite probably will be replaced yes.

The AI settings were:

- Custom Balanced Aeon AI set to "Engage Strongest"

-50% build speed bonus (negative bonus)

-50% resource bonus (negative bonus)

What about missing jump jets for certain Cybran units? Will the Chimera Siege Bot appear as one of the new XPs?

Image of Chimera Siege bot: Moddb.com

-50% resource bonus (negative bonus) thats probably why you limited the AI so they never had enough mass to go higher.

ill be added the missing jump jets for those units.

yeah probably.

--

Sep 4 2015 Anchor

A couple more bugs from my latest match:

- Skiadrum has the AA sounds of the UEF AA towers and walks extremely slow compared to other T5 XPs.

- The Dragon AA is EXTREMELY inaccurate (It can't even hit a scout).

(Suggesting a small buff to the Skiadrum land speed and increase in AA accuracy)

- The Skiadrum only opens its wings when it walks. Also, its feet slide as it walks and the mouth is constantly open (from Alpha 1.1 onward).

- The Aeon bombs "home" in on their target, no matter how fast the target is moving.

- I can't see the veterancy bar for the Soul Storm. Perhaps it is because it is a factory?

soul storm no veterancy

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.