A conversion for 'Empire at War: Forces of Corruption', Return of the Clones is based on a what-if senario - what if parts of the old Republic had survived Order 66, leading to a civil war not between the Empire and Rebellion, but between the Empire and Republic. In order to make things a little more realistic, the Zann Consortium is also now equipped with old, abandoned Confederacy equipment.
Okay no this isn't an installer, though that will be something I'll look at, simply instructions on how to get RotC to work on Steam.
1. Copy the 'Mods/RotC' folder to your EaW/FoC steam directory, ending in '"\Steam\steamApps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption". There should now be four folders - Data, MSS32, Recordings, and Mods. If this isn't accurate, you've pasted the folder in the wrong place.
2. Open Steam, find your EaW/FoC copy.
- Right-click on 'Empire at War: Gold Edition'
- click on 'Properties'
- click on 'Set Launch Options'
- paste this into the field: swfoc MODPATH=Mods\RotC
Now whenever you play FoC on Steam, RotC will start. Yes this is somewhat of an annoying process, and yes it would be great if another method existed. It is more difficult than with the retail version but as far as I'm aware this is the best available at present.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post download and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers.
Highest Rated (6 agree) 9/10
This is a very cool mod
It definitely deserves a nine. It is great if you are looking to play as the republic. It has a lot of changes in the rebellion and many of the rebellion heroes are now republic heroes. Although this mod doesnt have the CIS, it still keeps the other three Factions from FOC.
Overall really fun game if you are looking to play as the Republic!
Nov 20 2010 by Obi-1-Kenobi