...or the holy night in Ste. Mere Eglise.
We've been delaying that patch for way too long, so as a Christmas present to you and us, we decided to finally get it out. With this patch you will get two new maps and two new weapons; one MG per team. This is the last Alpha Patch build on the old EP1 code base.
Release Notes & Known Issues:
- MG42 Skin is a placeholder. We finally found a new texture artist, but there's no reason to hold this release back for a single texture.
- MG Sounds are about to be redone aswell.
- We are aware, that the bullet chains do not reflect the actual bullets left and do stay, even if you're out of ammo.
- Ardennes is a small map suitable for lower player numbers made by our new Mapper Til "Albatros" Sichel, who's already working on his next map for RnL.
- Ste. Mere Eglise is the oldest and biggest RnL map incorporating all the problems it brings. Due to it's size and open layout it might fail big time, but with all the work and effort it took, we feel it's worth the risk.
- St. Come Du Mont and Ste. Marie Du Mont were both updated according to your comments and suggestions.
From all our maps this is the one with the highest grade of realism, without teamwork on both sides it just wont work and we are just as excited as you are to finally see it in action.
- Autobolting is now optional
- Bayonet sounds and impacts
- Mortars now do damage
- NCO map tweaked
- Smoke nade exploit fixed
- Black screen bug fixed
- Default ticket count increased from 100 to 150
- Ragdoll count decreased
- Early fading of static props removed
- A lot of minor fixes
We also encourage you to download the custom map rnl_adenau, a very nice looking urban style map made by Huri. With Eglise, Ardennes and Adenau you'll have three new urban style maps for some intense fire fights with the MGs.
Adenau is 1 file only with all resources zipped up, so the server owners among you won't have any issues distributing it.