The mod has progressed from me modifying vanilla texture files only, to adding brand new equipment and textures. After almost 3 years in development, in April, the first version of the Regiments of American Revolution mod has been released!
Here is how the quality of the units improved over time:
After more thorough research and modding Version 2 of the mod is on the way. Here are the highlights of the level of uniform and equipment detail you can expect from this mod:
- Regimental laces: appearance, number and placement (facings, pockets, back and collar);
- Regimental emblems on backpacks (where applicable);
- Regimental badges on cartridge boxes( where applicable);
- Accurate headwear;
What else is planned:
- Expanding the British and Continental rosters;
- Adding Hessian, French and Spanish units;
- Making the mod compatible with Road to Independence campaign;
- Making the mod compatible with other ETW mods (DarthMod etc.).
Modding is my hobby. I spent hours to learn 3D modelling and texturing from scratch, as well as on researching the uniforms I create.
Become a patron if you like what I am doing and want to see Version 2 of the mod released faster.
Finally, I'd like to thank Flikitos and wangrin. Both worked on the Imperial Splendour Mod for ETW. They kindly helped me solve the problems with modelling that I encountered during the development. wangrin's tutorials on using Milkshape 3d were particularly helpful. In addition, used the modified version of some of the assets made by them in my mod.