- update your version of Civilization to at least patch 22.214.171.1242 that's mandatory, the mod use some of the new game events
- delete all previous version of the core mod from the mod folder. Unless updated, the data mod don't need to be deleted/reinstalled.
- If updated, download the R.E.D. WWII Data Files (74 MB) from mediafire
- download the R.E.D. WWII Edition core mod file.
- extract the two .civ5mod files in sub folders of your MODS folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS) using 7zip or another archive manager.
- find the R.E.D. WWII Edition and R.E.D. WWII Data Files lines and activate them.
- deactivate all other mods
- from the mod section, go to single player and then to custom game
Note : The retreat feature won't work if you're using quick combat animation or strategic view.
danrell: all the WW2 units used in this mod
Hulfgar: civilopedia entries and unit icons
Putmalk: unit icons
T_KCommanderbly : unit icons, DoM presentation and text
NwabudikeMorgan: historical DoW list
FouR_Pharao : unit icons
NiRv4n4: the European Landmass map
mihaifx: the City States Leaders mod
pap1723: the WW2 civ flag & leaders icons
Whys: SaveUtils code
whoward69: route finding code
Erendir, Xienwolf, Kael and Thalassicus: Flag Promotions mod
v0.9 (Aug 29, 2011):
- Bugfix : "Fall of Poland" should now works as intended...
- Bugfix : "Fall of France" (some cities were not flipped correctly to Vichy France if already captured by axis power)
- Feature : add real date for DoW / Annexation / Alliance compiled by NwabudikeMorgan
- Feature : add naval counter-attack mod by Mylon
- Balance : change Destroyer Anti-Submarine promotion to +200% (was 100%)
- Balance : battleships range down to 1 (was 2)
- Balance : artillery get -50% combat against Naval units, -25% against Armor, +50% against cities and +25% against Gun
- Change : USSR won't become permanently allied with Uk/France (to prevent Poland liberation by USSR)
v0.8 (Aug 25, 2011):
- Bugfix : Captured territories was wrongly liberated in some cases when making a permanent alliance
- Feature : allied and friend CS give you a portion of their reinforcements in materiel and personnel
- Feature : "Fall of Poland" when Warsaw is captured by Germany or USSR with territory splitting if both are still at peace.
- Feature : add probability and more units available for calling reserve troops by the AI
- Feature : liberating a CS city give a diplo boost
- Balance : infantry start with city siege (+20% against cities)
- Balance : remove one movement point to a retreating unit.
- Balance : occupied cities produce less reinforcement than normal cities unless an Administrative Building is build
- Added: third (this one's even smaller, damn bugs, taking all my time !) batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs:
- Poland units: infantry, Vickers MkE Type A, 10TP, PZL P.11, PZL P.37
v0.7 (Aug 22, 2011):
- Bugfix: "Fall of France" script should not liberate all plot on the map
v0.6 (Aug 22, 2011):
- Bugfix: Attack Aircrafts were getting +20% combat against city instead of -25%.
- Balance: Attack Aircrafts get +100% combat against land unit and +150% against armor (was +50% and +100%)
- Balance: Submarines ranged attack divided by 2, but give x2 bonus against all other sea units (except other subs)
- Balance: remove the "No City Capture" from armor units, AI was too much penalized.
- Bugfix: this time really liberate allied/friend tiles after a city capture have given them to another civ.
- Bugfix: unit escaping a captured city was getting wrong damage value.
- Bugfix: in some conditions, the supply line function was trying to find the cities of a dead player...
- Bugfix: flag of major civilization now correctly showing in war notification icons.
- Feature: display information about reinforcement needed by a unit on city build screen mouseover tooltip.
- Feature: "Buy War Bonds" (product materiel reiforcement) and "Your country needs you" (product personnel reinforcement) processes to city production.
- Feature: restriction on type of units build by AI based on ratio
- Feature: limited number of special unit classes for all game (ex: only two battleships of the Bismarck class allowed, if the Tirpiz is build and one of them is lost, no other can be build)
- Feature: fall of France when Paris is captured by Axis power. If you play as France, you don't want to lose Paris, you really don't...
- Added: Dawn of Man layout and texts by T_KCommanderbly
- Added: second (this one's small) batch of units from danrell's WW2 packs:
- light tanks: AMR 35, FCM 36, Panzer 35(t), Vickers MKVIB, Tetrarch, Matilda I, T-26, L6/40