An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
by member
ParadoxCast Questions 2 : Question Harder (Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Paradox Discussion : ParadoxCast Questions 2 : Question Harder) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jul 3 2010, 12:02pm Anchor

(Deleted)

Edited by: Graven_Image

Drashgorth
Drashgorth Submarine Sniper
Jul 8 2010, 3:23pm Anchor

will the Talon Lazarus retain it's veterency when killed?

--

honor demands I fight to the end

Jul 8 2010, 3:53pm This post has been deleted.
Jul 8 2010, 7:44pm This post has been deleted.
Jul 8 2010, 7:54pm Anchor

Are steady Confederate upgrades still planned if it can be coded?

Jul 9 2010, 4:21am Anchor

where do we suggest voices for now since the page on the wiki is gone? DO you check the 'fun with unit quotes' thread?

i have a nice script which can be subject to change for either an experimental vehcile/the mesofortress/the skyfortress on the voices thread ATM.

--

The enemy is battlehardened, experienced and are fanatics.

They believe the gods are on their side, but let them believe what they want. We have tanks on our side.

Jul 9 2010, 6:15am Anchor

How do Mingxia and the Jiang Shi attack while garrisonned?

Can the Immune repair structures?

Do we get a special stolen tech unit if we could infiltrate every other race? If so, will it be ridiculously cool?

What are the planned stealth detectors?

And finally, are the talon just really uptight because they don't have enough pet cats?

Jul 12 2010, 10:25pm Anchor

Since the voice suggestions page on the wiki apparently got wiped when the wiki was having problems, could you make a list of units that still need a script so that we know what to re-post?

New Question:

If it can be coded, what Infantry will the Subterranean Ambush protocol produce?

Would it make some slower Infantry instead of just Minutemen?

I feel like that would be more helpful to have as an use-anywhere ability, since Minutemen run to the front much faster than other Infantry.

Edited by: Galgus

go123452
go123452 You don't wanna know
Jul 25 2010, 6:48am Anchor

Are you using my voice suggestions for the cruiser? =P

--

>.<

Jul 25 2010, 10:09am Anchor

The exterminators are based on Daleks. Will there be any Protectorate units based of Cybermen?

How are modules planned to work, is a 'box' generated that can be picked up, units targeted directly, etc.

How does the immune's computer-brain steal the Talon's clockwork computers?

Can engineers and infiltrators be teleported through the teleport hub? If not, wouldn't this create a balance issue?

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Jul 25 2010, 10:48am Anchor

Out of the Syndicate, Protectorate, China, and Talon, which do you think will be the easiest to impliment into the game?

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Jul 25 2010, 10:53am Anchor

How much does the lore on the wiki affect things that will actually be in-game somehow?

Jul 29 2010, 5:07am Anchor

How do you repair bluejays and sparrows?

(without using the glitched repair drone)

--

The enemy is battlehardened, experienced and are fanatics.

They believe the gods are on their side, but let them believe what they want. We have tanks on our side.

go123452
Aug 1 2010, 3:25am Anchor

What is a Heavy Defender in an IFV?

--

>.<

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Aug 1 2010, 3:47pm Anchor

Will Protectorate infantry be trained in squads? I remember reading that somewhere. If yes, is the coding viable? I know squads are possible in RA3, but it might be a global value, so all infantry would be in squads.

What unit(s) is/are going to be the largest coding headaches? I'm guessing the Crawler, the Mobile Fortress Tatsu, and the Syndicate Battlesuits.

Speak of the devil, have you thought of a workaround for the Crawler coding yet?

What is the Syndicate commander unit? The Classics Limo? and when will Assassination and other gameplay modes become available?

Will animations on the new Imperial mecha take as long as infantry animations to do?

--

-------------------------------------

go123452
Aug 3 2010, 10:52am Anchor

Which is harder to animate, mecha, battlesuits or just plain infantry?

--

>.<

GearsGoAwryMan
GearsGoAwryMan bizzare mastermind
Aug 4 2010, 5:10am Anchor

what will you do about the soviets lacking decent anti tank garison? you understandably nerfed the flak gun against vechiles, but what are garrisoned flak troopers going to use against tanks, throw mines from greater distance?

Edited by: GearsGoAwryMan

go123452
Aug 9 2010, 9:46pm Anchor

When will ParadoxCast start again? XD

--

>.<

Aug 19 2010, 7:43pm Anchor

Is there any chance that the Minutemen will get a cowboy hat when heroic?

Aug 25 2010, 8:57am Anchor

How do you pronounce PAWI? is it P A W I, Pah-wee or Powie?

Will Talon be able to use protocols with their crawler packed up?

What are the planned MCV replacement techniques for Assasination? (eg, is the Allied MCV chronoed in, etc)

open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Aug 25 2010, 9:12am Anchor

technically it's P.A.W.I. (projected alt-world imager) but I say pah-wee and I think Ferriswheel says powie.

Yes.

I've not given it much thought.

go123452
Aug 27 2010, 9:43am Anchor

Will Talon units have resistance to Insta kill weapons (like mag sat?)

Can you make the SAP have delta wings (that are wider than the plane itself) and look absolutely ridiculous (see Wiki)

--

>.<

GearsGoAwryMan
GearsGoAwryMan bizzare mastermind
Aug 27 2010, 9:45am Anchor

why do you give the talon no assault lander? too risky? it's still needed, even with the talon crawler functioning as a crusher crane.

(because you'd be mad to sel divine units.)

--

Medic wrote:I have no idea!

I don't drink coffee, but this guy creeps me into doing it. 

go123452
Aug 27 2010, 9:46am Anchor

I think the Crawler is a transport....

Anyway, are you planning to give any aerial vehicle transport for the Talon?

Edited by: go123452

Sep 6 2010, 1:38am Anchor

New questions start now.

... no new questions? Intolerable! Fine, here's some of my own I scraped together.

1. Since the Heisenberg can't be invincible while moving, what are some other effects proposed for it?

2. Is it actually posssible to have victory or defeat cards for different factions, or are they set?

3. Does the "Call of the Icon" section of Tyranny of Numbers (the Protectorate lore) contradict your vision?

4. Will Rifleman stand at attention and salute the camera as an idle animation, like Snipers did for RA2?

5. What program is used to animate and rig infantry?

Edited by: PsychoticLoner

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.