An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Bug Reporting Thread 3: With a Vengeance (Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Technical Issues/Bug Reporting : Bug Reporting Thread 3: With a Vengeance) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Jan 8 2013, 5:11am Anchor

The change to make the Multigunner Turret non-tracking IS intentional. Did you think that shells fired from a gun would track aircraft like a missile? Also, I already answered point 17. The Vindicator is a tank hunter, and you should use it for that, not attacking structures.

A note on Vindicators being effective against vehicles but not buildings; the developers have actually rebuilt the damage and armour types from scratch (you can take a look at the new system on the wiki). As such, most damage types are highly effective against a few armour types, while being rather less effective against everything else. There are some exceptions (Blast, which is effective against everything), but the gist of it is that something that is effective against vehicles isn't necessarily going to be effective against buildings.

Edited by: Arcus2611

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Jan 8 2013, 1:12pm Anchor

If you compare the mod to regular Red Alert 3 or Red Alert 3: Uprising, units in Paradox have a more specific niche. The Vindicator is a superb tank hunter. It is weak against infantry, but it will suppress(in a medium-sized radius) them for a few seconds. It's terrible against structures though.

Century Bombers on the other hand, -would- be good against almost anything(units that are flying excluded for obvious reasons) if it could hit it. Even the slow MCVs can dodge a Century. Therefore it's main use is for base razing, and it does a damn good job of it. The Allies have a lot of new strategies in Paradox, and if you're in a tight bind, a Century(or three) can really help, as long as your opponent(s) didn't get an Airfield of Apollos. :P

Edited by: R3ven

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Jan 8 2013, 8:16pm Anchor
R3ven wrote:ICentury Bombers on the other hand, -would- be good against almost anything(units that are flying excluded for obvious reasons) if it could hit it. Even the slow MCVs can dodge a Century. Therefore it's main use is for base razing, and it does a damn good job of it. The Allies have a lot of new strategies in Paradox, and if you're in a tight bind, a Century(or three) can really help, as long as your opponent(s) didn't get an Airfield of Apollos. :P

Well that brings up bad memories...

To finish that list of yours off;

2: Bug, to be fixed.
4-6: Glitch, to be fixed
10: Glitch
12: The Icarus now increases the range of nearby units when its gun is not in use, so no speed change.
15: Wierd Bug
17: Mixed up strings
18: Glitch
20: The GAP, unlike PAWI, only conceals units. No structures are hidden.
21: Wait, WHAT
22: The Multigunner is now a light tank.

As stated by R3ven above, Paradox has change a bit from Vanilla RA3, and takes some time getting used to.

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Jan 9 2013, 10:18pm Anchor

Ok, I always used a group of vindicators against base defenses (I find they take less flak), but I used a vindicator AND a century against the civilian structures both did terrible damage, maybe its just that particular structure?
Also let me further clairify on the multi-gunner turret, when attacking aircraft, the turret itself does not track aircraft (the shell comes out of the side of the turret, while it twitches, searching for targets, despite the fact that I ordered it to attack the Cryocopter, curiously though it turns to track land units)

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Jan 10 2013, 12:22am Anchor
deathtropper wrote:Ok, I always used a group of vindicators against base defenses (I find they take less flak), but I used a vindicator AND a century against the civilian structures both did terrible damage, maybe its just that particular structure?
Also let me further clairify on the multi-gunner turret, when attacking aircraft, the turret itself does not track aircraft (the shell comes out of the side of the turret, while it twitches, searching for targets, despite the fact that I ordered it to attack the Cryocopter, curiously though it turns to track land units)

Ah, yes. Civilian structures. They are a unique case with the Armour System right now. You see, there are hundreds(AKA a lot) of civilian structures in RA3. When I first tried to edit all of them with NotePad++'s "Find and Replace in Files" function, my SDK was crashing, so I removed them from the mod so that I could release the Alpha. As such, they currently lack any of the balance we have included in Paradox. It is frustrating to fight them, I know, but for now they are a pretty good defense. :P

The Multi-Turret is being re-done from the code EALA did(although it's being done in the same manner), so there are some little things that I missed when doing it. We've been busy with an actual game that we are creating, BLOODCRUSHER II: THE KILLIFICATION, that we haven't had very much progress on Paradox lately. I've been wanting to do some work on Paradox, but I have a couple of exams coming up, and between studying and any work I've squeezed in on BLOODCRUSHER II: CD-ROM EDITION I haven't done anything with Paradox.

I've been wanting to do one of our ParadoxCasts soon hopefully, though, to show people that we aren't dead yet. I also would like to do an open lobby on the new Alpha sometime if some people are interested. On that note, SighNapse, one of the people working on both projects, has made a leaderboard that is not automatically updated, but is used to record games that have been done with the mod.

Jan 10 2013, 1:56pm Anchor
R3ven wrote:

I've been wanting to do one of our ParadoxCasts soon hopefully, though, to show people that we aren't dead yet. I also would like to do an open lobby on the new Alpha sometime if some people are interested. On that note, SighNapse, one of the people working on both projects, has made a leaderboard that is not automatically updated, but is used to record games that have been done with the mod.


I'm definitely interested in playin' in an open lobby for the alpha

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Jan 10 2013, 4:28pm Anchor
Drunken_Soviet wrote:
R3ven wrote:

I've been wanting to do one of our ParadoxCasts soon hopefully, though, to show people that we aren't dead yet. I also would like to do an open lobby on the new Alpha sometime if some people are interested. On that note, SighNapse, one of the people working on both projects, has made a leaderboard that is not automatically updated, but is used to record games that have been done with the mod.


I'm definitely interested in playin' in an open lobby for the alpha


Perhaps then, we do something similar to first big Para release. All gather round the Livestream/Whatever and play games, have fun

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Mar 12 2013, 8:01pm Anchor

Okay, so I have RA3 on Origin, but I am using Desura to get around that. The title screen opens up as paradox, and everything seems to be in order, except when I go into Versus->Skirmish to test it out, I can't select a team, my whole line that I'm supposed to be in for faction, team, color, handicap, etc. is blank, and it doesn't let me change anything. I'll add a screenshot in a minute. Scratch that, turns out C&C doesn't let me take screenshots for some reason or another...

Edited by: Madkids23

Mar 13 2013, 6:46am Anchor

Make a new profile, and see if you can play skirmish with it.

May 23 2013, 6:28pm Anchor

I found a lethal bug.

So I decided to set, in my infinite wisdom, all the graphics on my copy of RA3:Paradox to ultra, on my dinosaur, to see wht the mod had done.

It was all good, and i was content building units in slow-mo.

Then I built a GAP Tower.

Five seconds later, my computer died.
I started it up again, and got to my home screen. Then my computer died again, after delivering an error message. For the next three days it preformed horribly. I haven't touched my copy of Paradox since.
TL;DR Spawning GAP Towers on ultra graphics will utterly murder and break lower-end computers. This needs fixing ASAP; I may love the mod, but I am not going to go as far as to sacrifice my computer over it.

May 24 2013, 8:10am Anchor

Clearly, your computer lacked the processing power to accurately simulate the full glory of the GAP Tower. I mean, it tears a hole in reality, it has to look awesome.

But does it really count as a bug? I mean, if the GAP Tower doesn't break your computer on lower graphics settings it shouldn't be a problem.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
May 24 2013, 3:01pm Anchor

I've been using the GAP Tower on max settings, since I made the particles for the thing. Get a better computer, that is not a bug report.

Jan 11 2014, 5:30am Anchor

So.. this is the first time i installed a mod. and when i try to launch it with desura it says,

<<< DID YOU REMEMBER TO BUILD DATA??? >>>
Type hash mismatch for type 0xe99cb etc. etc

(0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) (0): (unknown mod) (unknown) .

Jan 11 2014, 9:03am Anchor

The files on Desura are hopelessly outdated, man. The latest files what work are on moddb.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.