An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
by member
Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder (Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Technical Issues/Bug Reporting : Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
g.a
g.a
Dec 11 2010, 7:52pm Anchor
Jason_Zombolt wrote:I was playing para, then the next day(Today) I changed up my mod, and ran it. I could not get skirmish to work, and had no saves in the single player.

~Edit~
I can not go to skirmish on Vanilla RA3 either? What is this?

R3ven wrote:Delete Skirmish.ini

Alternatively, you can make a new profile, preferably one for each mod.

Also, another bug: When picked up the carryall, apoc tanks shrink.

Edited by: g.a

Dec 12 2010, 1:51pm Anchor

yay huge mecha bay
and while playing the confeds the marks man would not shoot for some reason:rolleyes:

Protroid
O
N
L
I
N
E
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Dec 12 2010, 2:06pm Anchor
Magmafusion wrote:yay huge mecha bay
and while playing the confeds the marks man would not shoot for some reason:rolleyes:

Which rifle was he using, or it didn't work for both?

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Dec 12 2010, 4:42pm Anchor

and was he stealthed at the time? (they won't attack when stealthed unless in agressive stance)

--

blah

Jason_Zombolt
Jason_Zombolt Sword that Cleaves Evil
Dec 12 2010, 5:38pm Anchor
R3ven wrote:Delete Skirmish.ini

Where's that?

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Dec 12 2010, 5:42pm Anchor

C:/Users/UsernameHere/Appdata/Roaming/Red Alert 3/Profiles/ProfileNameHere/Skirmish.ini

Jason_Zombolt
Jason_Zombolt Sword that Cleaves Evil
Dec 12 2010, 5:43pm Anchor

Thanks

Dec 13 2010, 10:18am Anchor

GUYS! the MASS tank and the cryo copter make a very easy shrink bug abuse.

In case you don't know it it's where you are able to shrink a vehicle twice, now this bug exists in vin ra3 as well.

How does it work? shrink once with cryo, shrink once with MASS tank. then shrink with cryo from there on out.

Your vehicle will come back to the normal small version of itself from the extremely small version, and when it does it regains it's ability to crush like a normal size mcv! so you have a super small fast mcv able to crush your opponents tanks at very fast speeds.

Essentially you could make mcv's your late game weapon lol.
Although this is hard to achieve during a real match, it should be fixed or banned.

I just thought of this a few seconds ago when playing with the tank hehe. and it worked :)

Dec 13 2010, 11:44am Anchor
Protroid wrote:

tried it for both! types both garrisoned and not

norm0616 wrote:and was he stealthed at the time? (they won't attack when stealthed unless in agressive stance)

idk if stealthed but i ordered it to fire so i suppose it should be firing :warning:

Protroid
O
N
L
I
N
E
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Dec 13 2010, 12:49pm Anchor
Magmafusion wrote:
Protroid wrote:

tried it for both! types both garrisoned and not

norm0616 wrote:and was he stealthed at the time? (they won't attack when stealthed unless in agressive stance)

idk if stealthed but i ordered it to fire so i suppose it should be firing :warning:

Then I will look into this when I'm out of School and can play Paradox.

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

SоrataZ
SоrataZ 49 63 6f 6e 20 41 72 74 69 73 74
Dec 14 2010, 4:52am Anchor
JonnyKnows wrote:...Post about dual-shrinking tactic...

Multi-shrinking is an intended, valid tactic as it's hard to do in competitive MP and should be rewarded for actually being pulled off.

Edit - clearance by GriffinZ next post, in this case that IS a bug.

Edited by: SоrataZ

--

4d 61 70 70 65 72 20 69 6e 20 74 72 61 69 6e 69 6e 67

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Dec 14 2010, 9:34am Anchor

but he says the problem is that when a unit deshrinks once, it have the crush capabilities of the unshrinked unit, meaning a MCV is fast like the auto-go and crush just about everything but apocs

g.a
g.a
Dec 14 2010, 2:57pm Anchor
GriffinZ wrote:but he says the problem is that when a unit deshrinks once, it have the crush capabilities of the unshrinked unit, meaning a MCV is fast like the auto-go and crush just about everything but apocs

Or a super deshrinked assault striker, which would just be funny. *wishes shrink beam could shrink infantry, same with the masses beam*

Anyway, is that considered abuse?

Dec 14 2010, 6:56pm Anchor
KamuiK wrote:
JonnyKnows wrote:...Post about dual-shrinking tactic...

Multi-shrinking is an intended, valid tactic as it's hard to do in competitive MP and should be rewarded for actually being pulled off.

Edit - clearance by GriffinZ next post, in this case that IS a bug.

I don't think its intended or particularly valid, really.

In its form in normal RA3, its used for quite questionable Cryo/ Turret push rushes, from what I know.

They need to remove multi-shrinking.

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Dec 14 2010, 7:07pm Anchor

I don't think it can be done, because the MASS and the Cryocopter have different coding methods of shrinking.

--

-------------------------------------

g.a
g.a
Dec 14 2010, 7:50pm Anchor

I think that the cryocopter secondary should be changed to something similar to the shrink beam, but different, to keep it's uniqueness, and stop the double shrinking. I was thinking a goop bomb, but there probably is something better.

Dec 14 2010, 9:52pm Anchor

That might ruin a classic unit.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Dec 14 2010, 9:53pm Anchor

Indeed.

g.a
g.a
Dec 14 2010, 10:26pm Anchor
Galgus wrote:That might ruin a classic unit.

It could create a new one. Even so, gameplay> everything else.

Going to make a new discussion about now.

Phoenix^^
Phoenix^^ Ra3 killer636
Dec 15 2010, 10:20am Anchor

or you could make it so the effect doesnt stack?

--

galgus wrote:The topic is an off-topic of another topic.The topic had no meaningful topic to begin with.

jason_zombolt wrote: lol epic pink dozer 
Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Dec 15 2010, 2:58pm Anchor

Heh, I finally got a screen of the firing bone bug on the Lee:

--

g.a
g.a
Dec 15 2010, 3:01pm Anchor
Phoenix^^ wrote:or you could make it so the effect doesnt stack?

I'm guessing that they would have to have the same weapon (though I am not sure.), and I'm pretty sure that the cryocopter shrinks less than the mass tank. Also, you want to preserve the uniqueness of units, along with keeping all mass and shrink tech on the experimental side.

Anyway, discuss this on the appropriate thread.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Dec 15 2010, 3:13pm Anchor
Joshh wrote:Heh, I finally got a screen of the firing bone bug on the Lee:

We already knew that happened, it's an obvious graphical thing. It has to do with the firefx being a model(it's complicated, don't ask).

g.a
g.a
Dec 15 2010, 3:24pm Anchor
Joshh wrote:Heh, I finally got a screen of the firing bone bug on the Lee:

(offtopic)
I love the maze of walls you have.
(/offtopic)

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Dec 15 2010, 3:41pm Anchor
g.a wrote:
I love the maze of walls you have.

You should have seen the final base. I tried to do a Chinese-style Tower Defense with Camo Pillboxes and Pumpjack Towers, and I think it worked.

--

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.