An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
by member
Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder (Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Technical Issues/Bug Reporting : Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Dec 3 2010, 11:16pm Anchor

All known bugs for the 9.22 version so far are here:

Moddb.com

PLEASE only post new ones, or I will hire Syndicate Mercinaries to kill you.

Edited by: Protroid

go123452
go123452 You don't wanna know
Dec 4 2010, 2:04am Anchor

Isnt that a tad bit extreme?

Correction: Pions do nothing except crush infantry.

--

>.<

Dec 4 2010, 2:33am Anchor

Game keeps crashing whenever I use 3 Anvils filled with troops. (1 Flak Trooper and 1 Tesla Trooper per Anvil).

Game also crashes if I try to make a control group with Anvils.

Dec 4 2010, 6:31am Anchor

Some tiny tidbits regarding the Take and Hold maps:

*I'm sorry for forgetting to report this earlier, but Altstadt Assault is missing a T. Totally not fix-worthy.
*On the new Geneva map, there are scattered infantry left from the mission. A Flak Trooper by the land base (belonging to the player!), some dogs, and some Peacekeepers are what I've found. Nothing major.
*And International Inc is Geneva-based, so there should be room for another Warehouse showoff somewhere later. ;)

Dec 4 2010, 10:50am Anchor

I am thinking this will be one of the best mods when bugs are exterminated! :D
I tried to play a skirmish first w/ 0.9.2 and had issues a few of which appear to be fixt (some not) after I got the patch 0.9.21

Skirmish against AI Giles, playing as Confederate
1. enemy soldiers corpses sometimes float across terrain (I had a few killed and they floated from one side of my base to the other, very distracting) and they never *sink into the ground*, they remain laying about your base...
2. when using the camo tower to shield units from enemy visibility, my units/defense structures dont engage, enemies walk right in the middle of dogs/snipers etc and start shooting my base, my units ignore.. Same w/ enemy aircraft, I've found at most I had maybe 1 or 2 (out of 10+) lee half track vehs engage aircraft, even quad cannon AA structure will not engage lest I manually select and then target enemy. Removing the camo towers fixes this but then defeats the purpose of having the ability.
3. infantry NOT firing from bunker that says "infantry may shoot from bunker" .. I've had the gunner and sniper in there, they wont fire ..
4. I fired super weapon, dive bombs etc and destroyed many structures in the enemy base w/out issue BUT it wasnt until I destroyed their command center, immediately my game crashed to desktop! In the error it said the default module was " StackHash_0a9e ", is that a model error ?

Campaign tried Soviet/Ally
1. soon as I get to the part where I hit "play" the game crashes to desktop

Protroid
Dec 4 2010, 11:43am Anchor

Campaigns cannot be played anymore because of all the edits made to the game. No onto the others!

1: Already noted, listed as a Death Animation glitch on my list.
2: Erm, do you mean PAWI Tower? You sometimes have to put turrets and units on aggresive stance to fire under that.
3: Thats a placeholder and uses the description from the Battle Bunker the Soviets have. In the future it will:
A) Only garrison 1 infantry unit.
B) Structures will be able to be built on them.
C) Stealthed.
D) Units can drive over them without detecting them.
4: No idea about that last one.

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Dec 4 2010, 3:39pm Anchor

Bolt holes seem a bit overpriced if they are meant to only garrison one Infantry unit- the costs of that would add up quickly.

g.a
g.a
Dec 4 2010, 3:51pm Anchor

And the wiki description of bolt hole is:

Wiki wrote:The Bolt Hole is a cheap, quickly constructed structure that can hold a single unit. Bolt Holes can be run straight over by enemy troops and vehicles without being detected or destroyed. Bolt Holes are also extremely tough. They are perfect for stashing away forces until you need them.

So, it needs to be cheap.

Also, can someone tell me how to upload .bmp screenshots?

Along with Blitzkrieg and Rebel Yell having visible effect placeholders, can clockstop have one too?

Upgrade protocols like advance aeronautics do not take effect.

Longbow Liberators cannot attack base defenses.

The circle that appears around units slows the units down, and the circle appears when one of your units enters an enemies' build radius.

Javelin Soldier's secondary still does not work.

Remember the building scale glitch I reported? I saw it again, except it happened right before my eyes, one minute, the building is regular size, the next minute, it's huge.

Edited by: g.a

Dec 4 2010, 6:51pm Anchor

I think the circle is cover, or a beta version of cover. That's just my impression, though.

Protroid
Dec 4 2010, 8:26pm Anchor
crj400 wrote:I think the circle is cover, or a beta version of cover. That's just my impression, though.

I'll have to ask R3ven about that, but I think it is. It does show the colors of negative and positive cover.

--

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Dec 4 2010, 8:29pm Anchor

Yeah it is, not sure why it's showing, but the circle is cover.

Protroid
Dec 4 2010, 8:32pm Anchor
g.a wrote:Along with Blitzkrieg and Rebel Yell having visible effect placeholders, can clockstop have one too?

Upgrade protocols like advance aeronautics do not take effect.

Longbow Liberators cannot attack base defenses.

The circle that appears around units slows the units down, and the circle appears when one of your units enters an enemies' build radius.

Javelin Soldier's secondary still does not work.

Remember the building scale glitch I reported? I saw it again, except it happened right before my eyes, one minute, the building is regular size, the next minute, it's huge.

Can you provide a screenshot for that building glitch? I'll have to test the one with Javalins, and the one with Longbows as well. The rest seem to be balancing/asthetics. Upgrades shouldn't be there, AA should be built into your units as far as I'm aware of.

--

g.a
g.a
Dec 4 2010, 8:37pm Anchor

I have the picture of the building glitch, I just need to know how to upload it. You can test Advance Aeronautics by looking at the Century Bomber, which only has five bombs.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Dec 4 2010, 8:41pm Anchor

Advanced Aero doesn't work in Paradox because we use a different protocol system, we don't even want Advanced Aero anymore.

You can't upload bmps to ModDB, it's a site restriction because BMPs are huge files. Convert it to PNG or JPEG, then upload it.

Dec 4 2010, 9:00pm Anchor

Protroid I think I figured out whats going on w/ game crash (StackHash...). It appears that when I choose a map, for some reason the "highlight selection" jumps back to a map named " The Geneva Contention (T&H) ", I am guessing its a map included w/ the mod. I selected "Death Aquatic" then when I clicked on things like opponent, color etc the highlight would jump back to that other map, not the image, just the "highlight selection" ..
So when I played, eventually it crashed like 3 times in testing, but when I made sure to reselect "Death Aquatic" (or other maps I played) b4 hitting "Begin", the game did not crash! :S

Not sure if you have it on your list yet but I noticed I can select the "Cruiser" and it can target and it will attack friendly Cruisers as well as friendly aircraft!

Protroid
Dec 4 2010, 9:09pm Anchor
K05T4R wrote:Not sure if you have it on your list yet but I noticed I can select the "Cruiser" and it can target and it will attack friendly Cruisers as well as friendly aircraft!

That was actually on my LAST list, which I still have to go through and test those bugs to see if they were fixed.

--

g.a
g.a
Dec 4 2010, 9:16pm Anchor
R3ven wrote:Advanced Aero doesn't work in Paradox because we use a different protocol system, we don't even want Advanced Aero anymore.

You can't upload bmps to ModDB, it's a site restriction because BMPs are huge files. Convert it to PNG or JPEG, then upload it.

How do you upload it? Where is the upload picture button?

Protroid
Dec 4 2010, 9:35pm Anchor

Two to the left from Youtube Video.

--

g.a
g.a
Dec 4 2010, 10:32pm Anchor
Protroid wrote:Two to the left from Youtube Video.

I've tried using that button, but the embed code I used doesn't work.

Here is my embed code:

(img src="C:/01.png")

replace the '(' with '<'

and ')' with '>'

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Dec 4 2010, 11:04pm Anchor

You have to put it in your profile images.

*facepalm*

g.a
g.a
Dec 4 2010, 11:33pm Anchor

That was probably obvious for everyone but me.

Look at the powerplant!

Bug 3
Bug 2

Bug 1

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Dec 4 2010, 11:37pm Anchor

How did that happen????

--

-------------------------------------

Dec 4 2010, 11:38pm Anchor

And that Mecha Bay.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Dec 4 2010, 11:47pm Anchor

ALL SCALE BUGS WILL BE FIXED ONCE WE MANUALLY RESIZE ALL INGAME INFANTRY.

open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Dec 5 2010, 12:14am Anchor

SCALE IS NOT REALLY GAMEPLAY AFFECTING. REPORT THINGS THAT EFFECT THE GAME.

Edited by: open_sketchbook

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.