An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
by member
Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder (Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Technical Issues/Bug Reporting : Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
Nov 26 2010, 1:55pm Anchor

The Spectrum Tower can be built as soon as you get a refinery.

--

blah

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Nov 26 2010, 2:13pm Anchor

beagles can be crushed by collectors

Warbears have no housecolour

Infantry have several different sizes, seems to change after entering transports etc.

frigate spams pelican helicopters against dolphins but never drops the payload, in effect the confeds have no way to counter submerged dolphins.

open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Nov 26 2010, 2:18pm Anchor

Warbears have house colour on their shoulders (the stars)

Fixing infantry sizes for good will take a very long time; we're using a simple scale modifier for now, but we will actually rescale the W3X files themselves in a later patch.

The last one isn't a bug but we did overlook it and will fix it.

Edited by: open_sketchbook

Phoenix^^
Phoenix^^ Ra3 killer636
Nov 26 2010, 3:06pm Anchor

the razer sub secondy is mad. (most likey the best ani sea structure unit in the game now)

The camra angle change and height change (both in my opinion uneeded) are casuing alot of units effect and grapic's not to work. eg the confred superweapon

Edited by: Phoenix^^

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Nov 26 2010, 3:07pm Anchor

PE's have no shell detonation effect for either the regular anti-tank shots or the AOE shell.

M100 and Horizon gun elevation still not fixed. Not game-breaking, but still good enough for a polished release. They elevate about 15 degrees for the split second when the shell fires, but don't elevate prior to the shell firing or stay elevated thereafter. It should almost be a deploy animation for the M100, and the Horizon's barrel should stay at 45-60 degrees all the time, even when mobile, to demonstrate mobile light artillery status.

Pion is the only TX vehicle that explodes violently on death.

The Weasel's Limpet Mine is bugged - it spawns a regular mine about 10 feet off the ground, that does nothing and doesn't stick on a vehicle.

The Longbow MK II, when told to attack a target out of range, will move toward the target and stop just out of rocket range, and not move any closer, no matter how many times I order it to attack the enemy unit. I have to manually close the distance before it will fire.

Phoenix^^ wrote:the razer sub secondy is mad. (most likey the best ani sea structure unit in the game now)

The camra angle change and height change (both in my opinion uneeded) are casuing alot of units effect and grapic's not to work. eg the confred superweapon

The Razor sub is horribly broken again. SO MANY MINES!!! And I haven't had any problems with graphical bugs with the new camera angle - what detail settings are you using?

--

-------------------------------------

Phoenix^^
Phoenix^^ Ra3 killer636
Nov 26 2010, 3:17pm Anchor

On the line between med and high but the New camra makes it look like med/low.

But nvm back on topic

Kerensky287
Kerensky287 INCOMING
Nov 26 2010, 4:51pm Anchor

-Subhunter burst shot doesn't work right. It moves to the target location and fires at point-blank instead of using a projectile.

-The International Inc. factory on the Take and Hold map isn't captureable for some reason.

-The PAWI array is able to fire immediately upon build, but doesn't do anything.

-Vehicles placed in the Bolt Hole need to be made unselectable. Either that, or the Bolt Hole needs a bigger bounding box.

-The cruiser bombs have no explosion effect, nor do M-100 shells.

-The M-100 starts a small fire at its immediate location every time it shoots a shell.

-Some Confederate building or other has a chance of spawning Peacekeepers upon death (I'm not sure which, but I ended up with a peacekeeper after selling something and couldn't replicate it).

-The Razor Sub's secondary weapon needs its own dummy surface weapon. As it stands, it goes to regular torpedo range, surfaces, and then moves back because the dummy weapon's maximum range is shorter than its secondary weapon's minimum range.

-The Mastiff secondary doesn't do anything.

-The Mastiff generates the Spectrum Targeting Laser audio loop when firing.

-The Bluejay rotors have an art issue... for some reason, particle effects aren't visible behind them but everything else is.

Edited by: Kerensky287

open_sketchbook
open_sketchbook Your Lord and Master
Nov 26 2010, 4:59pm Anchor

Rotor issues come from the fact we are using basically a crappy band-aid fix for rotor transparency at the moment because we don't know how to do it properly. Every copter causes this to happen.

Joshh
Joshh The Punmaster
Nov 26 2010, 5:09pm Anchor

Twinblades can still pick up Apocalypse tanks, and with the upscaled Apoc it looks hilarious.

Img100.imageshack.us

--

-------------------------------------

g.a
g.a
Nov 26 2010, 6:22pm Anchor

On battlebase beta, while using double agent, the spy turned invisible, allowing me to infiltrate anything I wanted, I haven't checked if bribe still worked though.

On the same map, all my longbow liberators weren't able to attack base defenses, but they did a lot of damage to powerplants.

Again on the same map, I wasn't able to change my Point of View, so I had to go through the entire game looking at the map from a nearly flat angle.

Again on the same map, the rosen bridging tank was acting very buggy, half of the time, after targeting with its secondary, nothing would happen, or the unit would teleport to the designated area and then teleport back. The only time I got it to work, my teleportation target was very close to my bridging tank.

Also, shouldn't the proton turret be T3 instead of TX?

Edited by: g.a

Drashgorth
Drashgorth Submarine Sniper
Nov 26 2010, 8:34pm Anchor
Joshh wrote:
Pion is the only TX vehicle that explodes violently on death.

FTT explodes too.

Double Agent can be used on Dogs and Dolphins, but does nothing.

Edited by: Drashgorth

Blood-Russia-Mk2
Blood-Russia-Mk2 Children-Eater
Nov 26 2010, 8:42pm Anchor

Blitzkreig and Rebel Yell should have visual indicators that they are in effect (just strip the ones off emperor's rage as placeholders)

--

Yours faithfully,

That guy who does hammy stuff on a regular basis.

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 26 2010, 9:01pm Anchor

All Ground Tier X explodes, but it is a random thing. It has a 25% chance of happening on death.

Edited by: R3ven

Nov 26 2010, 9:41pm Anchor

Clockstop should also have a visual effect, it can be confusing to know its area of effect.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or balance, but sabotage does not work on collectors (haven't tried it on anything else yet)

R3ven
R3ven Paradox Leader
Nov 26 2010, 10:06pm Anchor
crj400 wrote:Clockstop should also have a visual effect, it can be confusing to know its area of effect.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or balance, but sabotage does not work on collectors (haven't tried it on anything else yet)

Yes it does, that's all I ever tested on.

Nov 26 2010, 10:09pm Anchor

That's odd, I haven't noticed it worked any of the times I've tried it. Maybe I just missed it working.

go123452
go123452 You don't wanna know
Nov 27 2010, 2:20am Anchor

Hmm. Not exactly a bug persay, but does anyone know how to manually patch RA3?

--

>.<

Nov 27 2010, 3:03am Anchor

The AI has gone OCD on me.
Oleg just scouts and sometimes builds bullfrogs, Moskvin spams ridiculous amounts of all anti-air units and defenses to counter... tanks, and one Allied AI refused to build any units apart from dogs. I'll give a more thorough report when its not three in the bloody morning, but could this be because the AI is having trouble coping with the range adjustments?

Igncom1
Igncom1 Support Commander of the Protectorate.
Nov 27 2010, 4:12am Anchor

the maps added make my computer crash.

--

Yes my spelling is horibble get over it!

Im never really mean, just a little stupid :P .

GriffinZ
GriffinZ I like puppies :D
Nov 27 2010, 5:34am Anchor

agreed on faux, the AI is acting very weirdly

Nov 27 2010, 5:49am Anchor

Yeah, the AI has fallen out of the stupid tree. You can beat brutal AIs without using vehicles in the late game as easily as an easy AI!

Nov 27 2010, 5:58am Anchor

The lights for the Proton Turret is a bit out of the structure

Also, The confederates' engineer's seconday does not do anything - no mines or what ever...

Nov 27 2010, 8:58am Anchor

After I told my engineer to exit a bolt hole, it became unselectable. The bolt hole was also targetable from air by a Vindicator without being unstealthed.

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Nov 27 2010, 9:45am Anchor

Christian Therrian III builds a second Dozer, then stops doing everything.

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Phoenix^^
Phoenix^^ Ra3 killer636
Nov 27 2010, 9:52am Anchor

Gates take up 3 space's when being placed for construction but 9 when placed.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.