An expansion/overhaul mod of epic proportions, with entirely rebalanced gameplay, expanded factions, new gametypes, graphical overhauls, and five new factions; stealth-based Confederate Revolutionaries, tower defense-inspired Atomic Kingdom of China, economy-focused Mediterranean Syndicate, DotA-esque Order of the Talon and spammy Electrical Protectorate.

Forum Thread
by member
Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder (Mods : Red Alert 3 Paradox : Forum : Technical Issues/Bug Reporting : Bug Report Thread 2 : Report Harder) Locked
Thread Options 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Dec 15 2010, 7:03pm Anchor
g.a wrote:
Phoenix^^ wrote:or you could make it so the effect doesnt stack?

I'm guessing that they would have to have the same weapon (though I am not sure.), and I'm pretty sure that the cryocopter shrinks less than the mass tank. Also, you want to preserve the uniqueness of units, along with keeping all mass and shrink tech on the experimental side.

Anyway, discuss this on the appropriate thread.

I don't think shrink tech needs to be all on the experimental side- the Cryocopter was central to the Allies tactics in normal RA3, and I don't think it should be changed.

The idea is to add new tactics, not really to take old ones away.

(Well, aside some things. Like HD Tengu spam.)

EDIT: With real bug report.

May have been said before, but Demo Trucks won't put bombs on enemy targets.

They can target ground, though.

Edited by: Galgus

Protroid
Protroid Head of the Paradox Closed Beta Team
Dec 17 2010, 12:48pm Anchor
Galgus wrote:May have been said before, but Demo Trucks won't put bombs on enemy targets.
They can target ground, though.

Has anyone read my list? Either way yes, it has been noted.

--

Quick its 2am! Do you know where your base is?

Dec 18 2010, 12:06am Anchor

Sorry 'bout that.

Dec 18 2010, 2:09am Anchor

Not sure but my mastiff is not working

go123452
go123452 You don't wanna know
Dec 18 2010, 2:15am Anchor

And the burst drone gets stuck. In the barracks door. Did it eat too much or smth?

--

>.<

Protroid
Dec 18 2010, 10:19am Anchor
go123452 wrote:And the burst drone gets stuck. In the barracks door. Did it eat too much or smth?

IFork wrote:Not sure but my mastiff is not working

Both already noted. Remember to PLEASE check my already known bugs list before posting.

--

Dec 19 2010, 4:05pm Anchor

If you activate a bulldog's camo ability, and then deactivate it, the bulldog will still stealth when it stands still.

--

blah

Protroid
Dec 19 2010, 5:17pm Anchor
norm0616 wrote:If you activate a bulldog's camo ability, and then deactivate it, the bulldog will still stealth when it stands still.

Tested and Disproved

--

Dec 19 2010, 7:51pm Anchor

I sometimes get a wierd glitch where, when I garrisson, the building will quickly switch between being garrissoned and degarrissoned; even if my units leave!

And I know it is not a graphical glitch either; Always Ready, Always There can work if you click at the right time, even if it is empty!

Protroid
Dec 19 2010, 7:59pm Anchor
crj400 wrote:I sometimes get a wierd glitch where, when I garrisson, the building will quickly switch between being garrissoned and degarrissoned; even if my units leave!

And I know it is not a graphical glitch either; Always Ready, Always There can work if you click at the right time, even if it is empty!

I'll look into those. Can you define "The right Time" to click the structure?

--

Dec 19 2010, 10:25pm Anchor

If you put the cursor over, it switches between the 'no' and 'yes' cursor almost too quickly to see. If you are lucky when you click, it activates.

Dec 21 2010, 5:57pm Anchor

This may be unrelated to Paradox, but twice today my computer has shut off in the middle of a match where I played as the Empire against hard Giles on Cabana Republic (I think thats the name, the 1v1 match where you start with an MCV in the water.).

My computer doesn't normally do this kind of thing, and it has only happened when I was in Paradox playing as the Empire.

(Hasn't happened every time though...I may need to test this further.)

MetalKing1417
MetalKing1417 Evil overlord wanabe
Dec 21 2010, 11:08pm Anchor

A bunch of confederate units don't get veterancy. (May have something to do with the inclusion of vet icons.) This includes all infantry, and almost all vehicles that are not the mastiff and begal. The navy gets vet bonuses as normal though.

This isn't a bug, we just haven't coded it all yet, it takes a while. -R3ven

Edited by: R3ven

--

From chaos comes ORDER!

Dec 22 2010, 5:05pm Anchor

If you place mines near your own buildings, they disarm.

--

blah

Protroid
Dec 22 2010, 7:03pm Anchor
norm0616 wrote:If you place mines near your own buildings, they disarm.

Well, why would you do that?

--

Dec 22 2010, 7:07pm Anchor

Be creative- it could be a way to trick an opponent fighting you in your base to run over the mines.

It could also be a way to leave a nasty surprise for anyone trying to drop troops off from the air into your base.

I think they will fix that bug next patch- or later.

g.a
g.a
Dec 22 2010, 9:03pm Anchor

It could also be a the best tanya-killer.

Dec 22 2010, 9:45pm Anchor

Do engineers/infiltrators set off mines? If not it could be a good defense against that too

On that note, an improbable amount of Rising Sun units seem to be mineclearers, including Yuriko, the King Oni, and even the IMPERIAL WARRIOR! The only Rising Sun unit I have reliably caught with mines is a Wave-Force Artillery. Is this a bug or intended?

Dec 22 2010, 11:37pm Anchor

Engineers clear them.

Dec 23 2010, 12:09am Anchor

Thanks for that. I never let engineers close enough to my buildings to find out anyway.

go123452
go123452 You don't wanna know
Dec 23 2010, 1:15am Anchor

Infiltrators do go boom, although some infiltrators may not have ways of getting around them

--

>.<

Protroid
Dec 23 2010, 11:48am Anchor
crj400 wrote:On that note, an improbable amount of Rising Sun units seem to be mineclearers, including Yuriko, the King Oni, and even the IMPERIAL WARRIOR! The only Rising Sun unit I have reliably caught with mines is a Wave-Force Artillery. Is this a bug or intended?

Noted, it seems Infantry are being annoying with mines, they don't go BOOM!

Also, quit it with the spoilers, its getting hard to read the thread. I almost missed the above bug report.

--

Dec 23 2010, 8:20pm Anchor

Spoilers are for hiding discussion to make the bugs easier to find.

Dec 25 2010, 6:17am Anchor

When going over bridges, units affected by for example the Rebel Yell spread their aura all over the bridge.

g.a
g.a
Dec 31 2010, 4:45pm Anchor
Tayya wrote:When going over bridges, units affected by for example the Rebel Yell spread their aura all over the bridge.

I think that it would be better if this stayed there, and worked for all auras and buffs. Bridges are meant to be defensive choke points. Also, there is usually more than one way to get across without using a bridge. It says something about this in the worldbuilder manual, specifically about map tips.

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.