RCOM or 'Realistic' 'Combat' 'Overhaul' 'Mod' is a mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat that aims to bring in a greater emphasis on realism. Additionally porting 'Clear sky' Levels to 'Call of Pripyat' which have been filled with new A-Life and content.
New screen shots are up including some of the extra maps being included in RCOM.
Posted by MacBradley on Oct 11th, 2010
Currently, work being done on RCOM includes the following...
- Repair Kits that will improve any weapons condition by a small amount without having to visit a mechanic.
- NPC Loadouts now vary much more dependent on faction and rank. For example, Stalker's will have shotguns, AK's, and mostly Eastern equipment., whereas Mercs will typically have Sig550's, USP's, and other Western equipment.
- NPC's have a lower chance to carry grenades now. This is to help with the player getting spammed with grenades by the AI.
- New Artifacts and Anomalies have been added.
- Guides will not take you strait to your destination anymore...they will drop you off at a familiar yet dangerous map that you'll have to traverse yourself if you wish to get to your desired destination.
- The extra maps included are from Clear Sky are Marshes, Red Forest, and the Chernobyl NPP.
- Bugs known to be caused by RCOM have been squashed.
In Progress Work:
- Filling the new maps with content.
- Modifying some AI behavior.
- Modified UI.
- Adding unique versions of existing weapons.
This list is of course not all the progress that is happening, or will happen with RCOM. The listed changes are currently the priority's and known future inclusions for RCOM.
A few Pictures of the maps being added to RCOM...